Halloween time trip report/ random thoughts

avalovesminnie

Mouseketeer
We were there the weekend before last. Had a great time overall! We used our magic morning on the Saturday at 7 am. We arrived at 6:25 and were second in line at the gates. The gates opened right at 7 and we hustled up to Peter Pan and damn people can walk fast, I run 1/2 marathons for fun and was passed up left and right! We got on no problem but that was some power walk. We did most of FL and TL before 9 which was great. It was totally worth the early wake up! A few random notes
-Portofino Inn and Suites- was nicer than I expected, good sized kid suite. It was a tiny bit too far for my liking to walk back midday. Clean and quiet.
- Churros- I never had bought one cuz I thought they were the same as Costco’s... um they’re not- so much better. We tried a regular and a Maleficient. Regular was better but marshmallow dip was good
-Food- We had our traditional monte cristos at Cafe Orleans which were great. I think I only need 1/4 tho! The kids shrimp and grits was tasty and a good sized portion. The candy corn pie at Flos was TINY! And not very good. The pumpkin pie shake wasn’t great either. We shared a turkey leg which is a one and done for me but my meat loving kids loved it!
- Animation Academy- so fun! Wish we had gone twice.
-Grizzy river rapids- our first time! Glad we had dollar store ponchos! Surprised how there was no “story”.
-My youngest daughter made our trip somewhat difficult. When people ask about ideal ages etc there is no real answer as every kid is so different and is affected by the group dynamics. I think she was easier to deal with at 2.5 than 3.5 which is the opposite of what I expected.
- Ghost galaxy stinks. Hyperspace mountain is the best version hands down
- I still don’t like Haunted mansion holiday. Sorry. Too loud, too weird. I love the traditional version.
-Riding big thunder in a front car is better than the back.
-I don’t understand the fuss about Peter Pan- it’s not any better than any other dark ride. Toad is more fun and Alice is the best storyline.

That is all. We likely won’t be back until 2020 or 2021 due to changes in finances which makes me feel a bit melancholy. I’ll keep reading every one else’s reports to get my fix in!

Thanks for the report! Great details on the things that worked well
For you and what didn’t. Though I have to disagree on big a thunder Mountain placement. We are hard-core seat-15-fans! ;-)

When GRR was planned and opened to the public, the only story was the One Whoopie Goldberg was sharing. DCA 1.0 was the story of California and nothing Disney. California is a agriculture state, so Bugsland was the only appropriate story line.....no....Bugsland was not available in 2001........and due to chemical agents on our vegetables and the eradication of insects......Bugsland is no longer a part of DCA......so that is a good story about California.

Now, as for Peter Pan, ( don't want to hijack thread )private message me and I can share with you why Peter Pan is the best Fantasyland attraction, if not in all of Disneyland.

-I don’t understand the fuss about Peter Pan- it’s not any better than any other dark ride. Toad is more fun and Alice is the best storyline.

That is all. We likely won’t be back until 2020 or 2021 due to changes in finances which makes me feel a bit melancholy. I’ll keep reading every one else’s reports to get my fix in!

Sounds like a great trip overall! I agree with you in terms of Peter Pan (the WDW version at least).

During my first DLR trip, I believe Mr. Toads Wild Ride will be my first attraction. I LOVE Mr. Toad! I will also be sure to try a churro.

See, I’ve heard it’s different than sitting in the front but I don’t know how, as I always seem to be placed in the back! I’m curious to see how different it is
You can request where you want to be seated, so ask for the front row next time for comparison. It is a very different ride from up front!

You can request where you want to be seated, so ask for the front row next time for comparison. It is a very different ride from up front!
I need to ask everyone else in my fam if they had a preference. Full disclosure I just recovered from over a month of positional vertigo so in the back it was more whiplash like which made me a bit nauseous and reminded me of the vertigo ...and there was a breaking section that I never noticed up front. And you can see easier in front. Good thing there is room on the train for all of us!

Keep your eyes locked on the goat the entire way around the turn. It's supposed to produce a strange sensation.
It gave me a huge headache and made me feel a little sick but I am also prone to vertigo problems nowadays. SMGG really screws me up when we go on it every year.

... Good thing there is room on the train for all of us!
One advantage about BTMRR is that you can keep asking to sit in different sections of the train until you find the row that works the best for you. Then just keep asking for that row every time! That ride is much more fun when you know you're going to have a comfortable time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter