Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

_18A7573_zpstfp7zo01.jpg

I have booked Gays Days weekend at Homewood Suites (for now, may change hotel later). It's normal for there to be a Halloween party on the Friday night. So, I decided to plan for it, but if there isn't one, I'll probably switch dates to a quieter time. As of now, I am completely planning on attending Oogie Boogie Bash. I made a promise to myself that I will book a 2 night stay every Halloween going forward and that I'll do my best to include a Halloween party.

I am in serious “Want” of news! My friend and myself have an October trip booked and this is at the top of our list! So hoping they will still have it!!

Disneyland Parade.jpgThis is our first Halloween trip too. Usually we do Fright Fest at SFMM or SFDK. We've done Christmas. My DD14 was in the Disney Christmas Parade 2013. For those of you who don't know, Disney films both DL and WDW parades in November. Avoid this day at all costs!!! They reached maximum capacity around noon at DL. But we did get to stay at GC for 5 nights @ $232.83/nt. Enough about Christmas, we love Halloween and can't wait to see the decor!

We have gone to the Disneyland Halloween parties for the last 6 years, and I had hoped to again this year as my son's a senior. I definitely understand the need for safety, so I could see where some of the events at the Halloween parties couldn't go forward, but I think lots of them still happen. I wonder if they would need to limit attendance even more than they usually do for parties? It will be interesting to see what they do. My husband doesn't think it'll end up happening, but I haven't quite given up hope yet. The parties are always so much fun! With how stressful 2020 has been so far I would love it we get to have our traditional Fall Disney fun.

Hello all. I feel it’s worth mentioning here that all the Halloween parties at Disney World have been canceled. Nothing offical for Disneyland yet.
I've been a little behind the times on following this news. Just curious when this was announced. Thank you for sharing this news.

Hello all. I feel it’s worth mentioning here that all the Halloween parties at Disney World have been canceled. Nothing official for Disneyland yet.

This popped up on my phone this morning. This doesn't bode well for the DLR Halloween obsessed like us.....

Hello all. I feel it’s worth mentioning here that all the Halloween parties at Disney World have been canceled. Nothing offical for Disneyland yet.
And thus I join this thread! Our last Disneyland Halloween was 2017. We were supposed to do WDW Halloween this year, and Disneyland next year. But this looks like my only (slim) chance for a Halloween party. So... Help me Disneyland, you're my only hope! 👻:hmghost:👻

I don't want to have to go through the stress of making the decision: go or not? safe or not? Aaargh... I think I'd rather have Disney just make the decisions for me by cancelling the OBB now. Sigh.
This is how I am thinking too. It sure will be easier to swallow if the choice is out of my control and made for me. Hubby called me this morning to ask what dates he had taken off at work for October. I can't imagine we will be able to go our flights are booked for early morning Halloween day and our plan pre covid was to do the party that night and then spend a few more days at the parks. Now I am hopeful but I can't see us being allowed to cross the border and if we can cross I am sure there will be a 14 day quarantine when we get back which really isn't worth a 4 day trip. Whole thing makes me sad :sad:.

WDW start their parties in August so it makes sense they went ahead and made the call. Unfortunately for DL I am afraid we may have to wait a while to find out something one way or another.

WDW start their parties in August so it makes sense they went ahead and made the call. Unfortunately for DL I am afraid we may have to wait a while to find out something one way or another.
I agree and its worth the wait if the outcome is positive. Let's hope for a positive result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter