• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I’m trying not to get too attached to anything I’m seeing online since I’m afraid it will be gone by the time we arrive on 10/6...
Like I really want the AP cauldron popcorn bucket but what are the chances there will still be any??
yeah so hard sameeeee, I arrive on Oct 2nd and plan to hit the park promptly and fingers crossed they still have AP cauldrons but I have a feeling with how popular stuff is it wont last o_Oo_Oo_O

I still have to get my billy goat and gruff purse. I was supposed to Monday but left a little early because I wasn’t feeling too well. I didn’t have the energy to wait in line at the shop to buy it. But once I have it, my costume will be complete!

I also realized I didn’t think about shoes. I guess I’ll just wear black Nike’s. I have a tendency to be clumsy in the dark so I don’t want to wear sandals

... I also realized I didn’t think about shoes. I guess I’ll just wear black Nike’s. I have a tendency to be clumsy in the dark so I don’t want to wear sandals
It looks like Bo Peep wears black Mary Jane flats -- which are very inexpensive on Amazon.com -- or you could go with black Keds/Keds look-alikes. But if the Nikes are what feel most comfortable and most safe, go with those!

Last edited:
Halloween High Tea at Steakhouse 55 in Disneyland Hotel changed up to a HM 50th event!
Getting reservations for the Halloween Tea is always tough, but it just got a lot tougher.

We snagged one when we were there in person last month. There was zero availability online.

For anyone looking for a reservation for the Afternoon Tea at S55, keep checking for cancellations. They do pop up, especially closer to the date you want. Don't give up!

Be sure to check with the OBB fine print to make sure that your cape goes by the rules.

From the DLR website:
For Guests ages 14 and older:
  • Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.

Is it bad I'm already anticipating all the glow cubes at Carthay will be sold out by the time October 1st rolls around. Last year I went ~Oct 20th and pretty much both parks were gutted of the exclusive merch and some of the food items. :(:(
I know. I’m trying not to get too attached to anything I’m seeing online since I’m afraid it will be gone by the time we arrive on 10/6...
Like I really want the AP cauldron popcorn bucket but what are the chances there will still be any??
yeah so hard sameeeee, I arrive on Oct 2nd and plan to hit the park promptly and fingers crossed they still have AP cauldrons but I have a feeling with how popular stuff is it wont last o_Oo_Oo_O
My goal is to try and go every weekend until October (I’ll be busy once October hits and not sure when I’ll go to the park), but I can keep an eye out for merchandise. I also follow a lot of local blogs and groups so I see people posting daily updates about the parks.

But as of this past weekend, everything seems to be in stock so far. Although the longest lines were at popcorn carts and the shops. I’m going again Sunday afternoon!

October 20th has now sold out. Only 10/29 remains!

Only one party date left!

For anyone trying to get tickets to a sold out Halloween Party:

1) Call the ticket line ASAP to see if there are any tickets available for the date you want. Maybe or maybe not -- but you won't know until you call.
2) If you are local, try asking at the ticket booths. Sometimes when a party sells out online, there are tickets still available at the booths, not many, but some. Again, worth a shot. But, be aware, some parties have been sold out for while now (see the first post on page one of this thread for the dates each party sold out online), so there may not be any tickets left for those dates.
3) Stay on site the day of your party. In the past, the on site hotels have reserved some (not a lot) of day of party tickets for their guests to be sold first thing in the morning (early!) first come, first served.
4) Choose a different date that is still available and move fast to buy your tickets.
5) Don't do DCA with the OBB, but do a day at DL which will still have all the Halloween Time decorations, special food items, HMH, and Halloween Screams fireworks.

Whatever you do, do not buy OBB tickets through a third party vendor. Disney does NOT authorize Halloween party ticket sales through third party vendors, so the risk of getting scammed and ripped off is real. We get reports every year of people being turned away from the gates with scam tickets. Don't be one of these people and don't support the scammers.

Hi All

I’m hoping some of you DLC experts may have knowledge of tickets for the Halloween Parties.

Essentially, I’ve faffed about with whether or not I wish to attend, and now all the tickets for my dates have sold.

Do Disney ever release extra tickets direct at the gates nearer the time?

I know it’s probably a no, but thought I would ask in case anything changes between now and my visit to the US

Thanks in Advance

Gill
Don't know if this has been answered or not but CALL them. A few years ago my date sold out and I was able to purchase four tickets by calling. It was day of though when it sold out so don't know if that made a difference or not.

I guess I'm glad I jumped on that party date when I did... though at the time I totally forgot I had Chefs Counter at Napa Rose booked that night (~2.5 hr) and then 100% plan to see the fireworks that night... I'm hoping crowds aren't tooooo bad over there during the party, otherwise I'm going to feel pretty stupid for spending ~$140 when like 3 to 3 and a half hours of my party time are already spoken for with other things!

(Is there anyway to link Napa Rose Chefs Counter to your Disney account so the dining reservation shows up? I've forgotten about that thing like three times already!)

OMG, I sent my daughter a text this morning asking if I should buy us tickets for that date and then I couldn't check my phone for a few hours. I guess it's good that she was on the fence about it. I think we'll be happier doing normal Disneyland instead.

I love these so much! Do you use vinyl or is this screen printing? It looks amazing!
Thank you! I just printed my design on iron on dark t-shirt transfer paper and then cut around it using a silhouette cutting machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter