Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mansion closing dates for overlay that I could locate:

August 20, 2018 to September 6, 2018
August 28, 2017 to September 14, 2017
August 22, 2016 to September 8, 2016
August 24, 2015 to September 10, 2015
August 25, 2014 to September 11, 2014
August 26, 2013 to September 12, 2013
August 27, 2012 to September 13, 2012
August 29, 2011 to September 15, 2011

2009 D23 Expo was in September, so I left that date off.

With Halloween Time starting on September 6 this year the Mansion going down August 19 does seem very possible to me.

Thank you for looking up this information -- that was very thoughtful of you!

Add me to the list of poor, unfortunate souls that wants to purchase OOB tickets using my Disney Visa and is unable to do so through the app. I'm on hold with the number given and will post here when I have more info.

With a Disney Visa the only way you can buy is by calling. I tried to buy via my app but it wouldn't let me with my AP. It redirected me to login to Disney.com but it didn't recognize that I have AP so it told me enter the AP# into Disney.com. Well their website says that my AP is already in use by someone else, "me" and won't let me use it to buy the tickets. Disney's app and online login do not even talk to each other. Disney's technology is so lame and pathetic.

I finally got through and got my tickets for an October Oogie Boogie Bash with no problem. So, stay on hold if you can and hopefully you will have success as well :)

1 hour 38 minutes for us and we were able to get tickets for 10/3. I wish Disney Visa card holders could buy online, but we did eventually get thru and got our tickets :)

I couldn't get them to answer the phone to even buy them. I had to call the Walt Disney Corp offices and get them to transfer me to Disneyland ticket sales. But even then they put me on hold. I don't care to wait very long so I just hung up. If they don't have the tickets to the party we want later, then we'll just go to the Queen Mary event instead.

A little sad. I don’t think I’ll make it to a party this year, but I’m excited to follow along on everyone’s posts about costumes and such :)

So I finally got around to calling Costco travel around noon, because they can add the Halloween tix to my package. After about 3 minutes I got a very nice CM that said yes, they can add the tickets, normally, but are having issues today and I could either be transferred to the regular line to buy them separately with an approximate 45 minute hold time, or call back tomorrow, and not to worry, they have their own allotment for people with packages... not that I was super worried they would sell out Day 1... but I will call back tomorrow.

I'm jealous of everyone with tickets. I've got to wait until next week and hope they don't sell out!

Got our tickets this morning for Sep 17th through the Disneyland app. Took 5 min at about 645am:smooth:

Wait time is considerably shorter now, I was on hold for less than 30 and got 7 tickets for September 24th.

I'm on hold on their phone line to try and buy with the Disney Visa. No option to buy with the Visa on the website...
Do report back so others know how this worked out. I wonder if you just type in your Disney Chase visa info if the system will recognize that it is this type of card by the card number.

Just got off the phone now. Took about 25 minutes and then only 5 minutes to process for two nights 10/15 and 10/17. All I had to do was let the cast member know that I wanted to purchase tickets for the event and that I was a Visa card member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter