Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn between wanting to do the party on Halloween or not. We're gonna be staying at GCH for the first time and we're already spending a pretty penny on that. Does anyone know if GCH or DLH does anything special on Halloween?
I was at GCH last year and they did a little bit of trick or treating but nothing like going to the party.

We had just decided to spring for an October trip yesterday and were planning to do the Fri night party Oct 5, so this has thrown us for a loop.

I mean, I guess we could still do park days Fri and Sat and then come back Sun for the party... (I'm a teacher and have Friday and Monday off that weekend)...but I'm torn about it. No way am I paying for park tickets and Halloween party tickets the same day. We're only getting 2 day PHs so the per day cost is already super high.

We never did the party at DL, but I was specifically excited for the fireworks. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore WOC, but still...DCA isn't DL...

I'm also wondering if the ride lines will really be that much lower, which was also a big draw for us. DCA has far less rides than DL, so less ability to split the crowd up.

But then...I've never experienced it, so I want to...

Fun fact - tickets for DAH villains for our July trip to WDW go on sale the day before these do. I never thought we'd have to decide about the Halloween party this early. It's probably the most first world problem I've ever complained about in my life, but it's...interesting.

Last edited:
I think I’m in the minority here, but I’m excited about a lot of these new additions. They’ve really done a great job with all of the Halloween theming they’ve added to DCA these last few years and I can’t wait to see what they have planned for the immersive treat trails and Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

Maybe this is why I'm having trouble getting excited. I don't even remember fall decorations at DCA, but we haven't been during that season since 2013. So when I heard this news I was like - at DCA? Really? I mean I get their reasoning with SWGE, but I've just always seen DL as the Halloween/fall themed park. So they have improved the fall feel at DCA the last few years?

I'm on board for a less crowded party. The last couple of years its gotten busier and busier and last year I went on Halloween night and I vowed to never do it again as it was so crowded and the lines were so long we didn't get near the stuff done as prior years.

I was also there last year on Halloween and it was pretty crowded. Maybe this will turn out to be for the best. But I still am waiting for a Halloween theme for TSMM. Hopefully DCA makes some phenomenal Halloween treats this year.

For those of you worried about the theming at DCA...it has been getting stronger every year for a while now... we actually went to a Halloween party, one of the first, at DCA about a dozen years ago. Had a great time! I am pretty excited for the move and the change. A little bummed bugs land is gone because they could have done some fun stuff in there. But last year Carsland theming was awesome for Halloween time... gives them an excuse to go even bigger!

For those of you worried about the theming at DCA...it has been getting stronger every year for a while now... we actually went to a Halloween party, one of the first, at DCA about a dozen years ago. Had a great time! I am pretty excited for the move and the change. A little bummed bugs land is gone because they could have done some fun stuff in there. But last year Carsland theming was awesome for Halloween time... gives them an excuse to go even bigger!

I'm happy to hear this! Now that I've come to terms with the move, I'm getting more excited to experience this. :)

Does this means PTN will be back at Disneyland during Halloweentime or not running at all?
The announcement didn't mention anything about PTN either way, so at this point, I'd be inclined to guess that it probably won't be back because DL isn't going to need anything to increase their attendance.

Maybe this is why I'm having trouble getting excited. I don't even remember fall decorations at DCA, but we haven't been during that season since 2013. So when I heard this news I was like - at DCA? Really? I mean I get their reasoning with SWGE, but I've just always seen DL as the Halloween/fall themed park. So they have improved the fall feel at DCA the last few years?
As mentioned, they did add more decorations to DCA. Primarily on Buena Vista Street, in Carsland, and over in Paradise Garden area. They did add overlays to Mater's and Luigi's (which is mostly just Halloween sounding music - nothing as major as HMH) and they introduced an "After Dark" version of GotG. I have some photos from DCA in 2018 in my on-going trip report thread. Maybe they'll introduce even more decorations (it would be nice if there were elements added to Pixar Pier, the Airfield, and Hollywood Land areas).

Can you get fastpasses or use Maxpass during the party? If not, do you think we could get a lot of attractions done during a party if we went on a Tuesday party date in September?

We will be there arriving October 30 and leaving Nov. 3, in the parks 10/31-11/2. We're at the GHC and not sure if it's worth it to do the party on 10/31 or just try to do stuff at Disneyland and in the hotel. For four people that's an expensive party!

The announcement didn't mention anything about PTN either way, so at this point, I'd be inclined to guess that it probably won't be back because DL isn't going to need anything to increase their attendance.

As mentioned, they did add more decorations to DCA. Primarily on Buena Vista Street, in Carsland, and over in Paradise Garden area. They did add overlays to Mater's and Luigi's (which is mostly just Halloween sounding music - nothing as major as HMH) and they introduced an "After Dark" version of GotG. I have some photos from DCA in 2018 in my on-going trip report thread. Maybe they'll introduce even more decorations (it would be nice if there were elements added to Pixar Pier, the Airfield, and Hollywood Land areas).

Thank you for sharing your pictures! They definitely have done a lot more than the last time we were there in the fall! It looks amazing! I'm super excited now! :)

So I read general tickets will go on sell the 30th and annual pass holders the 23rd. What Disney Visa holders? Will they still be allowed to buy on the annual pass holder date as this what Disney has done in the past?

It’s official, they’re moving the party to DCA I’m so sad because I’ve been trying to go for years but had a work schedule that wouldn’t allow time off during the fall and this is the year I’m able to go for sure! At least the tickets will be on sale a little sooner than usual...

Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
Select Nights September to October 2019

Save the date! Join us for a new family-friendly Disney Halloween party where Oogie Boogie, from Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, has summoned the Disney Villains to Disney California Adventure Park for an unforgettable night of fun. See Villainous!, a new World of Color show (exclusive to this event), experience the wickedly transformed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, walk along immersive treat trails featuring Disney Villains and join a pulsing dance party with the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost—based on Disney’s Descendants movies. Purchase of a separate event admission ticket is required to attend. Tickets are not on sale yet. Passholders can purchase tickets starting April 23, 2019. General admission tickets go on sale April 30, 2019.

So I read general tickets will go on sell the 30th and annual pass holders the 23rd. What Disney Visa holders? Will they still be allowed to buy on the annual pass holder date as this what Disney has done in the past?
According the the blog post, https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ure-park-tickets-on-sale-beginning-next-week/,

Take note of these important dates and mark your calendars:

• April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
  • April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
  • Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
I'm curious how this works, I'm guessing the Visa card holders and DVC members have to call? Maybe someone else can confirm how this is done, but it appears DVC and the card holders can buy on the 23rd.

I know no one can give me a 100% answer on the Oogie Boogie party but I'm looking for an opinion....How fast do you think a party mid-October will sell out? We have been throwing around the idea of going around October 17 for a few days (before this announcement) but we aren't for sure. I don't want to buy tickets I may not be able to use or get refunded but if I do go this party would be a must. I would know if we going to go around early June I hope that isn't too long to wait to get tickets. Thanks for any thoughts.

I agree. The theming is great in both parks. We did MHP for the first time in 2017 and absolutely loved it. The decorations in both parks were incredible. Then in 2018, we did MNSSHP at WDW (we live in Texas, so we can go to either park with about the same flight time). We were SO disappointed in the decorations. Yes, MK was decorated, but I don’t think we saw much, if any Halloween decor in the other 3 parks. It was a bummer and was the reason we wanted to go back to MHP this year.

However, now I don’t think we can go due to the days that they are offering it. For those coming in just for the weekend, a Friday party was doable with the time change (my kids now hate to miss school). Now, they would have to miss school to attend any of these parties. Even the Sunday night party doesn’t work because there are no flights that late. A Monday morning flight doesn’t work due to the time change (we lose 2 hours on the return). The only day we could go is the Sunday of President’s day weekend, as the kids are off Monday. But we have Billy Joel tickets that Saturday night here, so that is not happening either! UGH Disney why are you making it difficult to take my money??

I know no one can give me a 100% answer on the Oogie Boogie party but I'm looking for an opinion....How fast do you think a party mid-October will sell out? We have been throwing around the idea of going around October 17 for a few days (before this announcement) but we aren't for sure. I don't want to buy tickets I may not be able to use or get refunded but if I do go this party would be a must. I would know if we going to go around early June I hope that isn't too long to wait to get tickets. Thanks for any thoughts.

That’s UEA weekend... a big convention weekend where most of Utah seems to come to Anaheim... but all of October is pretty busy now. Tickets have never gone on sale this early for MHP, they also haven’t had the party in DCA for about a dozen years... and back then it was about half the price it is now. I would expect it to sell out, they always do it seems, but how soon is a real question. I think you may be taking a risk waiting till June. In the past the parties not on weekends sold out last... so maybe a Tuesday party would be safe to wait? But it looks like you may be aiming for a Sunday party?

I go this week Friday every year accept for last year and like Mommy2Princess said this party will probably sell out however in June you may be safe but no one really knows because we have no clue how many tickets are sold. I usually attend the Friday party which is always sold out. This year I will attend the Thursday party. Last year the following parties sold out at the below dates to give you an idea of when they sold out in the last two years.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-and-halloween-time-superthread-2018.3687182/

Tues, Oct 16, 2018 - Sold out as of September 17
6:00 PM to 11:00 PM $115 $115

Fri, Oct 19, 2018 - Sold out as of August 13
7:00 PM to midnight $130 $130

And sold out in 2017:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3528760/
Oct 17 (Tue) ($105/$105/$105) - Sold Out Online Thursday, September 14
Oct 20 (Fri) ($120/$120/$120) - Sold Out Online Tuesday, August 22

If reducing crowds is part of their strategy then I think it will work. Everyone of those parties is on a school night and that should thin out families with kids.

Worth noting though, in many parts of the country beyond the West Coast, lots of schools have "Fall Break", a week or long weekend off.

I wouldn't count out out of town visiting families just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter