Halloween Party Impact on EEH - Strategy question!

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
So, I've been watching the calendar ever since they announced the EEH dates for DHS, because I noticed one is on a Wednesday, which is typically MK EEH. Based on what I'm seeing, there will not be MK EEH during our trip due to the Halloween party. Now I am wondering about the best strategy if we want to take advantage of the DHS EEH, and it may mean we have to make park reservation changes. We have park hoppers, because we like a change of scenery from morning to evening.

We currently have the following park reservations:
  • Mon: Epcot (arrival day - taking advantage of anticipated EEH this day)
  • Tues: Animal Kingdom
  • Wed: Hollywood Studios (We anticipated hopping to MK for EEH this day)
  • Thur: Magic Kingdom
  • Fri: Epcot
I am considering swapping Wed/Thur DHS & MK reservations. We would then start Wed at MK and hop to DHS for EEH.

My strategy question: Do EEH nights draw more crowds to those parks in the afternoon/evening? Less? No difference?

Since we are rope-dropping, we *might* not make it to the Wednesday EEH if we're too tired. More important to me is to avoid crowds!

EtA: We do not plan on attending the Halloween party, and Wednesday is the only day MK will be open past 6pm, so we planned to hop there in the evening as it is probably our only night to see fireworks. Ack! I just can't decide what to do!

Last edited:
The crowds at for EEH are fickle. In theory, it's not a ton of people since it's deluxe resort guests only but if it's a busy time of year, that's still a lot of deluxe rooms + other non disney properties that get Deluxe benefits.

I've not been to DHS for EEH but I'd imagine it can still feel busy given it's not as large a park as MK, crowd "feels like" vs actual crowds is always a debate and what rides are working/what's down.

If I'm you, I'd do what you suggested in your last sentence and do MK after 6pm if that's your only day to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter