Halloween on the High Seas: Costumes to Dinner?

RoniBoBoni

Dreams do come true!
Do people wear their costumes to dinner on the Halloween day? We are on the 2 night out of San Diego and didn't know when we should dress up....

Our entire family (including grandparents) wore our costumes to dinner. We didn't feel too awkward... haha!
:rotfl:

I've been told that our Halloween day is also the optional "Dress Up" day (4-night cruise). So we're torn on it. But will most likely wear our "nicer" clothes in case we get a photo opp with a character in their "nicer clothes"?? Or after our martini tasting that afternoon, we may just tell the kids to wear whatever they want! :)

I'm wavering on this myself. I know the Halloween party starts in the afternoon which we will dress for but our dining is not until 8:15. We may decide to change into dinner clothes instead of Halloween costume. (61 grandma wearing a tutu!) LOL!

We wore our costumes to dinner on our Halloween cruise in 2013. We're sailing on the Fantasy on 10/7/17 and we plan on doing it again for the Halloween night. We're on the late dinner seating and with the kids' Halloween party in the afternoon and the adult Halloween party after dinner we don't want to have to change twice, plus we are planning on doing some of the character meets while in costume also. :)

Really, either way you go, it's your call-- and there will be enough people either dressed in costume or not so that you shouldn't feel out of place either way.

We wore ours to dinner! No one said a thing. Got nice pictures of us in costume in front of the Pumpkin Tree

We wore costumes of one sort or another every night! Animals one night, pirates the next, and spooky characters the third. Was at the child's request, but we had a great time.

We didn't even get a chance to wear our costumes on our 3 night last Friday. Halloween party was on Nassau day, and we went to Atlantis, so it was a rush to try and get ready and make the Halloween party at 4:45, and we didn't make it. So didn't bother with the costumes, because we felt weird since we had missed the whole Halloween party. It was also pirate night, and Jack and Sally meet and greet, so we just opted to wear our NBC shirts. WAY too much crammed into that night!

Our costumes can't be washed/cleaned so I didn't want to get food on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter