Halloween Nights

spiderman75

Earning My Ears
To those of you who have experienced this already, what is you opinion of halloween nights? Is is really scary or just kind of a jump out and get you type of thing? Any replies would be appreciated!!!

Good question actually! In my opinion, it can be as scary as YOU make it or as fun as YOU make it. It just depends on what you like and how you react to the different elements of fear Universal throws at you. For example I've seen plenty of 20-40 year olds literally trampling each other in fear to get out of the haunted mazes, while I've seen 10 and 12 year olds having a blast.

The first year you attend is always the scariest IMO because you don't know what to expect. Every year though, there is sure to be plenty of jumps and "boo!" moments! Universal also does an excellent job of creating a safe, party atmosphere. Security is usually great and suprisingly even though alchohol is served there is usually very, very few problems with fighting, rowdiness, etc.

I've found that most of the GOOD scares actually come in the streets. In the mazes you KNOW people will be jumping out at you all the time. In the streets you don't really know what to expect and tend to let your gaurd down a bit.

Have fun,
Jim

The first year that I went was the scariest. I didn't know what to expect! The subsequent years weren't as scary since I knew how to avoid some of the Scare-actors on the street.

I would recommend not reading any trip reports or spoilers on this board before going. You will get the most out of HHN if you don't know what to expect.

This will be my fourth year at Halloween Horror Nights and I can't wait!
The first two times we went over to Universal from Disney during our vacation there. Last year we went down to Florida for a long weekend just to do Univeral and Horror Nights and we're doing the same thing this October.
We fly down from Ohio just for this, call me crazy but I LOVE horror.

I know what you mean. My first time at Halloween Horror Nights was 3 years ago and now I make it my annual tradition to fly down there from Chicago. Last year I made the mistake of flying out to LA for Knott's Scary Farm in addition to going to HHN Orlando the weekend before that. Now I'm hooked on both places and I have to go to both coasts every halloween and save tons of money and vacation time just for october.

I flew down from PA for HHN 2 years ago ust for the event and am going again this year for the 3rd time. It gets kind of addicting but it is well worth the trip.

Phil

Oh no! What is the Knott's Scary Farm? Please tell me all about it. Although I don't want to get hooked on yet another Halloween event.

Okay, what is all this jump out & scare you stuff? I'm going w/ Mom & she has 2 rules: don't smack her in the face w/ anything (like string hanging from the ceiling in a dark ride) & don't jump out & yell "Boo!" Is this going to be a problem? Can you decline to participate & be left alone? We were under the impression that HHN was basically like WDW's e-ticket nights, where you can just ride the popular rides w/ significantly shorter waits. Did we get this wrong? Thanks!!

Halloween Horror Nights isn't the kind of event you can decline to participate in. They have hundreds of scareactors all across the park - in the streets, on rides, and in the five haunted mazes. The lights in the park are left off, or replaced with black lights and strobe lights. All the streets are covered in thick fog. The event is very intense. Scareactors will jump out at you, shake cans of rocks in your face, and chase after you the entire night. It is a very popular event, and on weekends especially, lines will be long.

Jim

Hey Folks!

I have to ask since I've only been to Halloween Horror Nights once... Does the theme change every year? Last year the theme was "You Don't Know Jack" with a maniacal, crazy-scary clown "Jack" as the Icon / Parade Master. I heard that it will be "I.C.U." this year? Does that mean no Jack?

My husband and I went for our honeymoon last year... And we LOVED it!! But then again, we're weird. The intensity, the suspense, the really excellent costumes, make-up, gore-effects... And that parade!! We're going again this year for a second honeymoon. I can't wait!

:jester:

A member of Jack's family will be our star this year, with a few surprises. You will not be let down. Prosthetic, hair and dental work has been going on for months. You won't be disappointed.

Originally posted by IOATech
A member of Jack's family will be our star this year, with a few surprises. You will not be let down. Prosthetic, hair and dental work has been going on for months. You won't be disappointed.

WooHOOO!! I'm so psyched! While I wouldn't recommend this to everyone (especially small kids and adults who don't like to be startled) we absolutely love it... And we do notice and appreciate just how much work HAS to be involved in getting all of that put together! :smooth:

See you this Halloween!
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter