halloween horror nights for next year (2014)

Also, is one night enough? I know my fiance will love all the houses, but if we can get through all that in one night with EP, just wondering if there's anything extra worth seeing to justify an extra night.
One night should be fine with Express. I would do the houses and shows (if so inclined) before the rides...they are open during the day.

We are Premier Annual Passholders, and know we can get one night free and will be visiting during the first weekend of HHN (9-19/20-14) and was wondering since we live out of state, do we have to wait until we get to Orlando to get our free ticket, or is there a way to get the ticket ahead of time? And if we do have to wait, what are the chances of the first couple of nights of selling out? And lastly, which night should we shoot for, Friday or Saturday night, as we have never been to HHN?

:confused3 Thanks for any info! :confused3

We are Premier Annual Passholders, and know we can get one night free and will be visiting during the first weekend of HHN (9-19/20-14) and was wondering since we live out of state, do we have to wait until we get to Orlando to get our free ticket, or is there a way to get the ticket ahead of time? And if we do have to wait, what are the chances of the first couple of nights of selling out? And lastly, which night should we shoot for, Friday or Saturday night, as we have never been to HHN?

:confused3 Thanks for any info! :confused3

the free HHN ticket is for non peak nights.
it wouldn't be valid for a friday or saturday.
if policy has changed and the free HHN tix if allowed for opening weekend, i'm not aware of that.
opening weekend would be the friday and saturday.

i have never heard of opening weekend to sell out for HHN tix.
or any sellout for the second week it is open.

the free HHN ticket is for non peak nights.
it wouldn't be valid for a friday or saturday.
if policy has changed and the free HHN tix if allowed for opening weekend, i'm not aware of that.
opening weekend would be the friday and saturday.

i have never heard of opening weekend to sell out for HHN tix.
or any sellout for the second week it is open.

I'm assuming it is valid that weekend, because according to there website...

"All Premier Annual Passholders receive one FREE Halloween Horror Nights ticket which can be used on any of the first three weekends, or any Sunday - Thursday of the event."

From: http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/annual-pass-holder.html

Hoping so! :confused3

Can't help with the ticket info but we were there both nights opening weekend last year and there was no difference crowd wise between either night.......it was busy. But not sold out.

So choose whichever night suits you best :)

Couple questions about HHN, not going to be attending but want to see what impact it might have on our trip. We will be going mid-October and looking at October 19th and 20th for USF/IOA. Looks like the 19th a HHN party. What impact will that have on park hours? Right now, it shows USF closing at 9 PM. Will those hours be changed at some point in the future to clear the park? If so, what time will the park close?

From reading this thread, sounds like decorations wont be scary but what are the chances we (my 8 year old twins are my concern) will see scary costumes of guests attending the party?

Studios will close at 5 for nights HHN is on.

You are not allowed to dress up at HHN so your kids won't see anything.

This year will my wife and my first time at HHN. We will be there on Oct 2nd and I was wondering if we will need the Express Pass to be able to do all the houses? Also if they bring back the Rocky Horror Picture Show show we would like to check that out too. So with wanting to see a show and all of the houses, will we need Express Pass even this early in the month, and a Thursday too boot.
Get EP worth every penny..

Studios will close at 5 for nights HHN is on.

You are not allowed to dress up at HHN so your kids won't see anything.

Thank you for that info, I moved out Universal days to 21st and 22nd since I don't want to be done by 7 with both parks. I really want to ride RRR after dark this trip. And I know I will have a better chance if USF is open later on our first night than second.

Thank you for that info, I moved out Universal days to 21st and 22nd since I don't want to be done by 7 with both parks. I really want to ride RRR after dark this trip. And I know I will have a better chance if USF is open later on our first night than second.

the studios will be closing at 5:00 on the 22nd October as HHN will be held that night.
IOA should close at 7:00.

The park hours for october has not been listed yet.
September is the last month that is up for the hours.

the studios will be closing at 5:00 on the 22nd October as HHN will be held that night.
IOA should close at 7:00.

The park hours for october has not been listed yet.
September is the last month that is up for the hours.

After two days in the parks with EPs, we will be done by 7 PM on day 2, I am pretty sure. We should be able to do a lot of damage the way we tour :)

We might have reserved seats on the Mummy and DM by the time we are done. Knowing my kids, those two will be riden many, many times. Which is why an early shut down on day 1 is something I really want to avoid. Even if the kids are done by 7 PM, I can stay and go back to the resort later since we will be onsite. Day 2, we all have to leave at the same time because we will be staying at the timeshare that night.

(strange random thought, I just realized I am paying more for 1 night at RPR or HRH than for an entire week in the timeshare, but it very much worth it)

After two days in the parks with EPs, we will be done by 7 PM on day 2, I am pretty sure. We should be able to do a lot of damage the way we tour :)

We might have reserved seats on the Mummy and DM by the time we are done. Knowing my kids, those two will be riden many, many times. Which is why an early shut down on day 1 is something I really want to avoid. Even if the kids are done by 7 PM, I can stay and go back to the resort later since we will be onsite. Day 2, we all have to leave at the same time because we will be staying at the timeshare that night.

(strange random thought, I just realized I am paying more for 1 night at RPR or HRH than for an entire week in the timeshare, but it very much worth it)

you'll have a great time!
i can do repeats all afternoon on DM and the mummy...

i hope you enjoy your onsite stay.

Can you add stay and scream to third party tickets? I am using Airmiles to get my tickets and want to add stay and scream when I am there. Thanks.

buy the add on HHN ticket in the park.
just show your day ticket at guest services to get the SnS hhn ticket.

you can do this any day you are in the park, doesn't have to be the day of the HHN you are attending.

I read somewhere, regarding the 2013 HHN, that only one person needs to be a FL resident when purchasing FL resident tickets. Will that policy also apply to 2014 HHN tickets?

And does that apply to those tickets you can buy at Publix

I read somewhere, regarding the 2013 HHN, that only one person needs to be a FL resident when purchasing FL resident tickets. Will that policy also apply to 2014 HHN tickets?

And does that apply to those tickets you can buy at Publix
Unless the policy has changed, only FL residents can purchase/use FL resident tickets. A valid FL ID has to be presented for every ticket purchased for the discount. You cannot purchase for non-residents.

I've never purchased tickets through Publix but I think it says something in the fine print about a valid ID is required.

Unless the policy has changed, only FL residents can purchase/use FL resident tickets. A valid FL ID has to be presented for every ticket purchased for the discount. You cannot purchase for non-residents.

Yes, I was actually surprised when I read this. The following is a quote from the 2013 page for The Orlando Insider. 2014 info is not up yet.

"Unlike the Florida resident discount tickets for regular daytime admission, in which each person using a discount ticket must be a Florida resident, for Halloween Horror Nights only the person making the purchase needs to be a Florida resident!

So if you don’t live in Florida but you know someone who does, invite them along and have them hook you up with the discount."

Yes, I was actually surprised when I read this. The following is a quote from the 2013 page for The Orlando Insider. 2014 info is not up yet.

"Unlike the Florida resident discount tickets for regular daytime admission, in which each person using a discount ticket must be a Florida resident, for Halloween Horror Nights only the person making the purchase needs to be a Florida resident!

So if you don’t live in Florida but you know someone who does, invite them along and have them hook you up with the discount."
That is interesting but I caution you...unless the announcement is on the HHN website, take it with a grain of salt.

BTW...I deleted your other thread since we are discussing the issue here. There's no need for duplicates.

That is interesting but I caution you...unless the announcement is on the HHN website, take it with a grain of salt.

BTW...I deleted your other thread since we are discussing the issue here. There's no need for duplicates.

For regular park Tickets the UO website CLEARLY states that each ticket is to be used by a FL resident but the HHN site does not mention this at all. My next step is to contact Universal directly.

Sorry about the duplicate message. I thought it got lost. I never expected it to be added to another thread.

Any truth or rumblings to the rumur that one of the houses this year will be based off The Purge?

I was at the Purge:Breakout last week and was told there was a version last year in Calf. and that it will come back this year in Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter