• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Fireworks Plaza Inn Package

There was a charcuterie plate and then two desserts. We had eaten dinner so we weren’t all that hungry for savory food and I didn’t think either dessert was great - I already mentioned the berry cheesecake, the other one was an apple pie type thing - the apple pie and crust were good but the toppings were very sweet with an off-putting frosting flavor. Maybe the coloring?

You could get food from plaza inn (you would be paying for it, obviously), so that may have been a better strategy than eating dinner prior to the reservation.

Attachments

• E12C5E5D-2EDC-471E-9421-B86B81029260.jpeg
    E12C5E5D-2EDC-471E-9421-B86B81029260.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
I was there last night and watched the fireworks from Main Street (I assume you mean last might, 10/1).

I was wondering about the view from here as I watched the show. Could you see the giant inflatable to the left of the castle? Could you see Zero fly?
Yes, sorry last night 10/1!

The view of zero was perfect so that was great. My daughter could see the inflatable perfectly, I could see about 80% of it - it was blocked a bit by some branches. It probably depends on the seat you get.

Yes, sorry last night 10/1!

The view of zero was perfect so that was great. My daughter could see the inflatable perfectly, I could see about 80% of it - it was blocked a bit by some branches. It probably depends on the seat you get.
Did the tables have numbers and if so, what was your number? I'm still torn about keeping my reservation.

Did the tables have numbers and if so, what was your number? I'm still torn about keeping my reservation.
There were no numbers on the tables that I could see, sorry. If you keep your reservation, I would recommend being there early to check in and get the first tables assigned, as it seemed that the staff working felt that was the best view offered. A few of those attending the party chose to stand at the back, which was probably a great view, some also chose to stand right at the hedges in the front. I'd say about 80% stayed in their seats.

Just here to complain about the side effect of this stupid dining package closing off a full HALF of the available tables for regular patrons of Plaza Inn. It resulted in a 30 minute line on Saturday evening around 7pm for dinner due simply to the fact that they had to wait for tables to vacate before they let people into the restaurant to get food. Once we were let in, we walked right up to the counter for our fried chicken and then it was like the Hunger Games to get a table. Meanwhile, ALL the dining package tables were still completely empty.

Moral of the story, don't try to eat dinner at Plaza Inn until this offering is over. Get lunch instead.

Hi, I originally started this post and finally had our dinning package on the 24th September. We booked for 8;40 and had a great table, located in a back row closer to Plaza Inn. Views of the fireworks were great. We didn’t miss the projections, so this wasn’t a problem for us. Food was so, so and the drink was super horribly sweet. We ended up going inside and getting Powerade from the soda fountain.
would we do this again? absolutely, being seating was a godsend. views of the fireworks were amazing. We then were easily able to walk to the 10.30 show of Fantasmic.

Attachments

• 0CBD8C39-A8A9-4B37-AB44-D4F4DB74650C.jpeg
    0CBD8C39-A8A9-4B37-AB44-D4F4DB74650C.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 6
  • 8CA516E5-D388-4AEE-936E-099988BD32AF.jpeg
    8CA516E5-D388-4AEE-936E-099988BD32AF.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 6
I just tried to cancel my reservation for October 14th due to the initial reviews of being completely blocked by trees but now..I'm torn. I'm also doing the new Walt's tour that day so this might be a nice end to the night. I've seen the Halloween ones from the front of the castle last year and projections aren't a must for me just a bonus..so..we will see lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter