• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Fireworks Plaza Inn Package

Our table was okay. We ended up walking around the area till we got a better viewing. We ended up near where you pick up your beverage.
It sounds nice. I always like having an option to sit and watch instead of fighting the crowds. Thanks for all the details!

You are welcome!! It’s not something I would do every trip but it was nice to just have a spot to chill before the firework besides worrying about a tall person blocking my view.
It sounds nice. I always like having an option to sit and watch instead of fighting the crowds. Thanks for all the details!

Hubby and I did it last week. It is definitely an obstructed view but it gives a semi comfortable place to sit and relax while you watch them. We could see from about halfway up the castle.

Hubby and I did it last week. It is definitely an obstructed view but it gives a semi comfortable place to sit and relax while you watch them. We could see from about halfway up the castle.
I've never really gotten a good view of the projections unfortunately. The one time I thought I did a group of people moved in right in front of us at the last minute and then proceeded to hold up their phones the entire time. lol

I've never really gotten a good view of the projections unfortunately. The one time I thought I did a group of people moved in right in front of us at the last minute and then proceeded to hold up their phones the entire time. lol
I always wonder, of the hundreds of people holding phones above their heads, how many people actually go back and watch the shakey, blurry video they made? I'm guessing, essentially none. So, why must they block everyone's view?!? Also, get off my lawn😉😂

I've never had that happen at Disneyland (knock on wood...) but this exact scenario happened in Disneyland Paris. So frustrating, especially when you think you have an amazing view then you end up just viewing it through their screen. :rolleyes:

I've never had that happen at Disneyland (knock on wood...) but this exact scenario happened in Disneyland Paris. So frustrating, especially when you think you have an amazing view then you end up just viewing it through their screen. :rolleyes:
It has happened to me so many times and once with an iPad, which basically blocks your entire view. People are really inconsiderate.

Also, kids on shoulders. Kills me every time. I hold my children on my hip so their heads are at my head level. Yes, it is incredibly painful, but that’s what I do!

I would have been more upset but the family was speaking Italian and I thought well maybe this is their first time here. I rarely look at videos that I take so have stopped taking them and will snap a few pictures instead.

It has happened to me so many times and once with an iPad, which basically blocks your entire view. People are really inconsiderate.

Also, kids on shoulders. Kills me every time. I hold my children on my hip so their heads are at my head level. Yes, it is incredibly painful, but that’s what I do!

Yeah my back was killing me, but had daughter on hip for the Halloween fireworks. We waited for 2+ hours and were 2nd row right in front of the castle. The amount of cell phones glowing in the air was dumb. I didn't let it distract me, but I just don't get it. And the people who walk past in front of that section slowly with phones out to catch 20 seconds of mostly vertical video. Just missing the moment.

I keep thinking I'll cancel my reservation...then I think, what if they get so many complaints about the view that they decide to trim the bushes shorter? I know it's not going to happen, but I just can't hit the cancel button...

I keep thinking I'll cancel my reservation...then I think, what if they get so many complaints about the view that they decide to trim the bushes shorter? I know it's not going to happen, but I just can't hit the cancel button...

This is not the first time they have offered a fireworks viewing package from this location so I doubt this is going to happen.

This doesn't look remotely appetizing. The view would have me upset. Thankfully we didn't book this one. Though I'm second guessing my Tomorrowland Terrace booking now.

They should just trim them and be done with it, especially if they are going to keep offering these packages. I know people would camp out in that area though if they did and they would lose money with people hanging out at the tables until fireworks time.

This doesn't look remotely appetizing. The view would have me upset. Thankfully we didn't book this one. Though I'm second guessing my Tomorrowland Terrace booking now.

Tomorrowland Terrace has a great view of the fireworks but you cannot see the projections.

Hi all! I just wanted to add to this thread as we went to this last night (10/2). We had a reservation for 7:50pm. While walking by plaza inn around 7:20 I wandered over to just check what was going on —- there were no parties sat but I asked the girl working if tables were assigned and she replied no, they were newly assigning them “first come, first served”. I then asked to check in… she kind of gave me a hard time, but eventually allowed us to check in. Went inside, paid and got our food.. no discounts for magic key.

Got outside and the “server” greeted us and sat us down at a table. Compared to what I had seen, the tables had all been pushed back toward plaza inn so there was a wide walkway up along the hedges so no one was sat close behind them. This in turn made the tables extremely close together. Would have helped if they removed extra chairs for smaller parties.

Got our drinks. My 10 year old was not allowed to get the hot chocolate - since she is a Disney “adult” she had to get the adult juice. Also were allowed to help ourselves to water and fountain drinks from inside. Snacked a bit on our food, none of it was particularly good - I felt the desserts had some artificial flavor. As soon as I tried the berry cheesecake it reminded me of cough syrup.

At this point it was a bit after 8, fireworks at 9:30. We chatted w the couple next to us to let them know we would be back, left our food, drinks and Merch bags at the table and went to do some rides. Did jungle cruise and then thunder mountain.

Returned to our table exactly as it was left around 9:15. Sat and enjoyed some last bites and sips and enjoyed the fireworks. Was it the best view? No, however having a table to sit at was really nice. Was it worth $55 per person? Mixed. I feel like I am glad I paid for it - we got to ride rides while we otherwise would be waiting for a spot, and while walking back to plaza inn from thunder mountain it was a complete mess of people on main street. I think we enjoyed it enough and also would consider doing it again for other fireworks.

Sorry for any weird spellings or grammatical errors - I’m on my phone so can’t really see the whole post.

Attachments

• A24351BD-18B5-43C2-BCE2-D64A245447D6.jpeg
    A24351BD-18B5-43C2-BCE2-D64A245447D6.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 485A8FA3-E0B4-4052-9E14-04CA71A2200A.jpeg
    485A8FA3-E0B4-4052-9E14-04CA71A2200A.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi all! I just wanted to add to this thread as we went to this last night (10/2). We had a reservation for 7:50pm. While walking by plaza inn around 7:20 I wandered over to just check what was going on —- there were no parties sat but I asked the girl working if tables were assigned and she replied no, they were newly assigning them “first come, first served”. I then asked to check in… she kind of gave me a hard time, but eventually allowed us to check in. Went inside, paid and got our food.. no discounts for magic key.

Got outside and the “server” greeted us and sat us down at a table. Compared to what I had seen, the tables had all been pushed back toward plaza inn so there was a wide walkway up along the hedges so no one was sat close behind them. This in turn made the tables extremely close together. Would have helped if they removed extra chairs for smaller parties.

Got our drinks. My 10 year old was not allowed to get the hot chocolate - since she is a Disney “adult” she had to get the adult juice. Also were allowed to help ourselves to water and fountain drinks from inside. Snacked a bit on our food, none of it was particularly good - I felt the desserts had some artificial flavor. As soon as I tried the berry cheesecake it reminded me of cough syrup.

At this point it was a bit after 8, fireworks at 9:30. We chatted w the couple next to us to let them know we would be back, left our food, drinks and Merch bags at the table and went to do some rides. Did jungle cruise and then thunder mountain.

Returned to our table exactly as it was left around 9:15. Sat and enjoyed some last bites and sips and enjoyed the fireworks. Was it the best view? No, however having a table to sit at was really nice. Was it worth $55 per person? Mixed. I feel like I am glad I paid for it - we got to ride rides while we otherwise would be waiting for a spot, and while walking back to plaza inn from thunder mountain it was a complete mess of people on main street. I think we enjoyed it enough and also would consider doing it again for other fireworks.

Sorry for any weird spellings or grammatical errors - I’m on my phone so can’t really see the whole post.
Thanks for the detailed report and pictures.Too bad your daughter couldn't have hot chocolate, though. The view looks better than you could get by just picking some random place to stand on Main Street at the last minute and hoping nobody stands in front of you. Seems like it would be a good package for people who are only there one or 2 nights or anyone who doesn't want to put lots of time/effort into watching fireworks. I always appreciate a chair for watching night time entertainment. It's great that you can leave and come back right before they start, that's a really nice perk that you can wander off and do rides.

Aside from the cough syrup cheesecake, were the other desserts ok? Could you have gotten food from the regular Plaza Inn menu if you wanted to?

I was there last night and watched the fireworks from Main Street (I assume you mean last might, 10/1).

I was wondering about the view from here as I watched the show. Could you see the giant inflatable to the left of the castle? Could you see Zero fly?

It really is a crush of people watching the fireworks. I like the fireworks but the crowd does get so crazy. We actually did not wait long at all though for our spot on Main Street, we ducked under the rope after the CMs made everyone sitting on the curbs stand up and move toward the center so we got our spot 15 minutes before the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter