Halloween Dinner/Dance at FWC

com_op_2000

DVC Member since '93; One Hour from WDW
Here’s yet another option for Halloween fun at Walt Disney World: dinner and decorations — plus trick-or-treating — at Fort Wilderness Campground.

On Oct. 31, the Disney characters at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be wearing their costumes and they invite guests to do the same for a Halloween-themed dance party from 5 to 7 p.m. There will be plenty of photo opportunities and an all-you-can-eat supper outdoors.

The buffet includes baked chicken, barbecued pork ribs, hot dogs, cheeseburgers, coleslaw, baked beans, cornbread, watermelon and frozen treats. Beer, wine, lemonade and iced tea are included. The cost is $50.99 for adults and $29.99 for kids ages 3 to 9, and reservations can be made at 407-WDW-DINE.

Mickey’s Backyard BBQ includes candy for trick-or-treaters, but if the little ones want to go door-to-door, many campers in the past have chosen to participate in the annual tradition on Halloween night.

As a bonus, guests will see all the wonderful, and often elaborate, decorations that campers have on display. Orange lights and character blow-ups are standard. One family already has set up a walk-through graveyard near their site this year. Spooky at night! And don’t forget to check out the golf carts whizzing by because they’re likely to be adorned for the holiday, too

So basically, they are advertising for anyone to come to FW to trick or treat, and not just for resort guests? That sucks!

I understood this write-up was in the local paper in Orlando. If anyone cares to ask first, WDW will tell you that the ToT at the Fort is only for Fort guests, not for just anyone who cares to drop in. I don't do Halloween at the Fort, but I would complain if I were there and found out locals or visitors from other resorts were taking candy from Fort rsidents.

Unfortunately, I called today to see about getting tickets, since they are doing ToT at 7pm, but the are sold out for the 5:00 showing. There is also a 7:00 showing, but since I have a 9, 7, and 4 year old, they want to trick or treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter