Halloween Dining Packages are out!

Aren't you arriving before 9/21? Goofy's Kitchen Halloween starts on 9/21 so if your reservation is before that it will be the regular meal, not the Halloween meal.
Crap, we arrive the 16th. You are correct. I bet the dash we leave it is already sold out. Drat.

If wanting either Plaza or TT, drop that TT for sure. It’s just an upper level firework viewing area with Materhorn as a backdrop. Nothing too special. For just watching fireworks, Black Spire Outpost is the spot. Plaza at least is just off center and at the show. Not too many trees from that angle to block sight lines. I’d give it a B+ location. Dessert Party, not a fan unless doing it for World of Color. Desserts aren’t wonderful, paying a lot for a seat as parade passes. Carthay is a nice pick! That tour shouldn’t be done for the viewing at It’s A Small World. Do it because you want the tour experience. Goofy’s Halloween brunch and dinner might be fun even with the price bump. I’m going to give that one a go this year. Made an early dinner reservation end of September. At least there is always plenty of food to enjoy!
This is super helpful as I’ve been trying to decide how to get the best view of Halloween Screams. I’ve not seen seen the tip about Black Spire Outpost mentioned before…but would assume no projections or Zero can be seen from that angle?

This is super helpful as I’ve been trying to decide how to get the best view of Halloween Screams. I’ve not seen seen the tip about Black Spire Outpost mentioned before…but would assume no projections or Zero can be seen from that angle?

Nothing but fireworks and no music piped in. It’s a cool fireworks show but not at all the same experience.

Correct. Fireworks only there.

The Plaza Inn dining package viewing is not good at best and horrible at worst. If they did cut down the hedges recently, I didn't notice it. We were partially blocked back during the Christmas viewing last year and I thought we had one of the better tables. The people in front of us stood up and blocked our view somewhat because they could not see (I don't blame them, but wish they would have stood behind us and the people behind us because that inconvenienced everyone else), I had to move my chair around closer to my husband to be able to see the higher fireworks between the two adults. One of the lights also didn't shut off so that was a hinderance to our viewing as well. I wish I would have taken pictures of when we were there, but the view of the castle is still blocked when we were seated outside for Minnie's breakfast.

I found some screengrabs from a couple recent walkthroughs of the park to show just how tall the hedge is, the man in the white in the center and guy in the green on the left side of the photo can kind of be used as a reference. The hedge is above their head.
1691718598330.png
1691720741134.png
1691720818690.png
1691720929720.png

Current screen shot grabs for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.png
    IMG_0676.png
    534.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0672.png
    IMG_0672.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 21
The Plaza Inn dining package viewing is not good at best and horrible at worst. If they did cut down the hedges recently, I didn't notice it. We were partially blocked back during the Christmas viewing last year and I thought we had one of the better tables. The people in front of us stood up and blocked our view somewhat because they could not see (I don't blame them, but wish they would have stood behind us and the people behind us because that inconvenienced everyone else), I had to move my chair around closer to my husband to be able to see the higher fireworks between the two adults. One of the lights also didn't shut off so that was a hinderance to our viewing as well. I wish I would have taken pictures of when we were there, but the view of the castle is still blocked when we were seated outside for Minnie's breakfast.

I found some screengrabs from a couple recent walkthroughs of the park to show just how tall the hedge is, the man in the white in the center and guy in the green on the left side of the photo can kind of be used as a reference. The hedge is above their head.
View attachment 784539
View attachment 784541
View attachment 784542
View attachment 784543
Agreed, I’m not sure why they added the hedges. I guess it’s a nice barrier with people walking by when you are eating (hello bubble wands!) but frustrating for viewing the fireworks.

I don't know if anyone else is interested or not but I was actually able to book Goofy's Halloween breakfast the day we leave, September 23. There is much more availability for Goofy's kitchen than there was yesterday, it looks like everyday has some availability.

I don't know if anyone else is interested or not but I was actually able to book Goofy's Halloween breakfast the day we leave, September 23. There is much more availability for Goofy's kitchen than there was yesterday, it looks like everyday has some availability.
what time do they open reservations when they add a new day?

Is it listed separate? I see the regular breakfast and dinner, not brunch.

Is it listed separate? I see the regular breakfast and dinner, not brunch.
I don't recall. I made our reservations early since we are flying out that day and we will need to get luggage and stuff from the hotel and get headed to the airport.

I wanted to report back that I think they are dropping the reservations at odd times. I was able to book Goofy's kitchen at 11:45pm PT last night which that day shouldn't have opened until today and I reserved the Happiest Haunts tour at Midnight PT I checked before midnight, but it wasn't open yet. When I looked this morning at 8am the majority of the tours were sold out. I'm glad I was awake and was checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter