Halloween at Hong Kong Disneyland

topsy

Mouseketeer
Hello,

As I have previously posted, I'm going to HK Disneyland in October and it turns out my friend and I will be there for Halloween!

We've seen the Disney Halloween party advertised for that night and am a little concerned at how scary it looks. I'm getting the feeling that it's not on the same par as "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party"!

Now, I am a wimp and DO NOT like scary films, people getting in my face etc and would NEVER consider going to something like Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

So my questions are this...
Has anyone ever been to this event?
How scary is it?
Are there any areas/events similar to MNSSHP?
Will I be wasting my time on the evening ticket if I don't want to be scared?

We only have one day in the park, although we are staying in the Disneyland hotel for two nights. We've never been before and are likely not to return any time soon. So I want to make sure we get to do everything once. I realise it might be quite busy on October 31st so going in the evening for the Halloween event will give us some extra time to do the rides/take photos/go shopping.

Anyhoo, let me know! Thank you :)

I've just had another look at the HKDL website, and there is more information up about the Halloween attractions. Unfortunately, it does appear to be more targeted towards teens and young adults, and has some pretty scary looking stuff.

Main Street USA
Is a stage to a showdown between werewolves and vampires - doesn't say what time or how long it lasts.
There's also a haunted house which looks very much along the lines of the ones they do at Universal.
The Glow in the Park parade actually looks awesome! But much darker and more serious than the Halloween parades in the US Disney parks.

Adventureland
'Cursed Jungle' sounds like there are going to be scary characters jumping out at you throughout the land, and there's another haunted house style attraction.

Tomorrowland
Looks like there's a party happening here, which doesn't look too scary, and also a face-painting/Halloween makeover type place, and apparently a yo-yo trick show :confused3
They have implemented the Ghost Galaxy addition to Space Mountain.

Fantasyland
There's a family friendly trick-or-treating attraction here, and a meet and greet with the classic Disney characters dressed up for Halloween.

Looks like some pretty cool Halloween inspired food and merchandise, which I imagine you'd be able to purchase without having to go to the actual hard-ticketed party, but don't quote me on that.

I'm not sure if you would be able to get around the really scary parts to still be able to enjoy the parade and trick or treating. I sure wouldn't be setting foot in Adventureland, and I'd be pretty concerned about Main Street too! There must be a way to get around it though if they're promoting family friendly trick or treating and characters in Fantasyland...

It doesn't say anything about fireworks, which I would assume means there won't be any. But if there are, you could watch from outside the park. Not really the same, but at least you could get an idea of it.

I personally wouldn't go. Real horror stuff gives me nightmares and makes me on edge for weeks (sometimes years!) afterwards. I wouldn't want anything like that to ruin the rest of my holiday. You might be able to cope a bit better than me though - most people can :lmao: It probably depends on how much it's going to affect you if you do come across scary stuff, versus how much you want to spend extra time in the park.

Thansk for the info. Oh and don't worry I really can't cope with the scary stuff either! It's like my mind can't diferentiate between real and fake. So when people say "don't worry, it's not real"...that doesn't help me at all!!!

sorry this answer is late and past halloween, but i thought it might be helpful to post if anyone is looking to go next year.

i went to the hk disneyland halloween in oct of 2009. i can't tell you if it's scarier than the ones at wdw since i havent been to those, but i have been to the ones in six flags.

there was a haunted house that we walked through and people in costumes would jump out at you. i get scared very easily (i'm in my twenties) and i was really scared.

all around the park, they had people walking around in costumes and they would try to scare you.

there was a special halloween ride that they had. it was a long cynlinder shaped ride that was on its side. there were rows of seats on both sides of the cynlinder with the people facing each other. the middle was empty and no seats, can't remember what purpose it served. the cynlinder turned and moved in circles. it did not go upside down. it's sort of like those ship rides that move side to side in the carnivals, except this was halloween themed.

if i had to compare this to the six flags one, the six flags ones are def scarier. my halloween experience at HKDL was a good one and if i'm in the area, i'd go to it again.

i've returned to HKDL twice since then and that ride has disappeared.

hope this helps. 2009 was a while ago and that's all that i can remember.

HKDL is actually not that small anymore. it actually gets really crowded and the lines are almost as bad as WDW. my most recent trip was may 2012 when i did my ultimate around the world disney vacay (visited Tokyo Disneyland, HKDL, Disney Cruise and all the parks in WDW in a span of a month).

the lines for the rides in fantasyland took at least an hour. the longest line was for winnie the pooh and that was a killer.

i'd recommend checking out HKDL if you are a disney fan after the new mystic area is done being built and perhaps throwing in a trip with the shanghai disneyland park/tokyo disneyland. that's what i plan to do when that park opens up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter