Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vala - when I was just going back over the thread to find the posts in which I had mentioned the dates of Halloweentime and the TOTP, I noticed that you had put in photos from the TOTP! How did I miss those? Did you go back and stick them in an existing post after the fact?:rotfl2: I totally overlooked your TOTP photos!!:rotfl2: Anyway, thanks so much for posting them!

As for your photos at the Villains Photo Op near IASW, you can see in my pictures that when we got ours taken at that spot, only the Queen of Hearts and Hook were there. Maleficent left while we were waiting in the long, long line - and she was the main one my friend wanted to get a photo of/with - and no one came along to replace her! :mad: I hate when the characters you want leave before you get up to meet them!! And then when we finally got done with the Queen and Hook, we were leaving that spot and we saw Jafar go up there to replace Maleficent. I was so angry because we could have gotten him too and missed him!!

Vala - when I was just going back over the thread to find the posts in which I had mentioned the dates of Halloweentime and the TOTP, I noticed that you had put in photos from the TOTP! How did I miss those? Did you go back and stick them in an existing post after the fact?:rotfl2: I totally overlooked your TOTP photos!!:rotfl2: Anyway, thanks so much for posting them!

No, they've been there since I made that post. No additions.

I was thinking when I read your question "maybe Sherry wants more decorations if that wasn't extensive enough." ;)

The only decoration picture I have online from the party is this:

0IMG_0197.jpg

And those from DLR:

0IMG_0207.jpg

0IMG_0210.jpg

I could throw in some Pixie Hollow shots, but I think Fall Revelry was more a promotion for the second Tinker Bell movie than for Halloween.

As for your photos at the Villains Photo Op near IASW, you can see in my pictures that when w gots our taken at that spot, only the Queen of Hearts and Hook were there. Maelficent left while we were waiting in the long, long line - and she was the main one my friend wanted to get a photo of/with - and no one came along to replace her! I hate when the characters you want leave before you get up to meet them!! And then when we finally got done with the Queen and Hook, we were leaving that spot and we saw Jafar go up there to replace Maleficent. I was so angry because we could have gotten him too and missed him!!

At least you got to see Maleficent from afar. She was the second one besides Jafar who I really wanted to meet, but we never saw a glimpse of her. I asked the CMs several times, but she was never out during almost a week of Halloween Time.

The lines for us were really short though, maybe because it were weekdays. Or possibly because the first interest had worn off? We stayed around for about 2 hours and saw everyone. We sat down on a bench and just kept joining the line again and again. :laughing: I did notice the off schedule though as well, the weren't really taking turns. Sometimes I saw four characters, and from time to time only one was out.

I have a halloween related question, so I thought I'd add it here because the information may help people planning trips who want to ride It's a Small World...

I'm well aware that Christmas season pretty much follows straight on from Halloween, meaning that It's a Small World needs to close at some point in order to add its Christmas overlay.

So - when does it close (roughly / normally) :)

Ukstitch - Well, I don't know the exact date, as last year the Christmas season at DLR began a week earlier than it had the previous couple of years. I was at DLR for Halloweentime on October 24 and we rode IASW without the holiday overlay and looked for the Disney character doll additions. But, by November 13th, I think it was, the holidays had begun at DLR and IASW Holiday was up and running. So I am guessing they must have shut down regular IASW shortly after we were there on 10/24 - maybe they even let it go until Halloweentime ended on November 1, and then had it ready in less than 2 weeks.

Vala - any and all photos of decorations, characters, characters in Halloween get-up, Halloween food, the TOTP, etc., etc. is appreciated for this Halloween thread. Again, thank you so so much for your great contributions! So many great pictures!!

So...next up, I will include my Halloweentime merchandise pictures!! Now some of this stuff may not be sold at the parks every year for Halloweentime, but some of it may, and for anyone who has not been to DLR at Halloweentime, this will give them an idea of the kinds of things that are there that they can buy - and this is only a sample. There were so many cute souvenirs for Halloween - some of them were TOTP exclusives - and I only bought a few things.

Okay, here are some pictures of Halloweentime merchandise from DLR, over a few different years!

A nice Mickey pumpkin mug I got in 2008:

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

This is a special seasonal attachment for the Mr. Potato Head that is is sold at DLR - it is Mr. Potato Head's Mickey pumpkin trick or treat bag - so cute! It was sold in 2007:

IMG_0231.jpg

These 3 candle holders came in a set together - I love them!! I got these in 2007:

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

A candy corn Mickey ears antenna topper that I got in 2007:

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

One of my favorite snowglobes/sculptures EVER, and I think I got this in 2008:

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Jack and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas, riding in one of the HM doom buggies - this was sold at DLR before 2007, but not sure which year:

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Who doesn't love Vampire Mickey? I got this wonderful sculpture in 2007:

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

And a sculpture of the Haunted Mansion Holiday, which I think was sold at DLR and World of Disney prior to 2006:

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

And some Halloweentime pins - the 3 pins at the bottom are ones that were either sold in the parks or in World of Disney in 2007 & 2008 (the one furthest to the right at the bottom is a mini-version of the Halloweentime sign/decoration that adorns many of the lampposts in Main Street); the pins at the top of the page are just other holiday pins from previous years:

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

And even though this isn't exactly Halloween-related, I stuck it in anyway, just to get an even 25 images in this post!! You can see my Haunted Mansion house sculpture down in the lower left corner, and my Haunted Mansion snowglobe over to the right, and those are ToonTown houses and snowglobes surrounding the two Haunted Mansion pieces. Anyway, all of these sculptures were sold at DLR in the '90s and into the early part of this decade. Lately for holiday season, they have been selling similar pieces which are mini versions of some of the Main Street facades:

scan0021.jpg

Yes, I mentioned the dates in a couple of posts earlier in this thread, but I will mention them again!:goodvibes

This year, unless there is a drastic change in how they do things at DLR, Halloweentime should begin on Friday, September 24th. It is almost always the last Friday in September when it begins, except for in 2007, when it was the next to last Friday that it began.

The Trick or Treat Party itself usually begins on the first Friday in October, so exactly one week after Halloweentime starts at DLR. This means the TOTP should begin on Friday, October 1.

So this means Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy (if that returns this year) will be up and running on 9/24, as will any Halloween fireworks and decorations, but the TOTP will start the following week - again, unless there is a change in the DLR schedule and in how they do things.

Thanx! :yay:

EEEK!! I love this thread! My Dh and I are thinking of going in October to use our GAD tickets this year. We have never done an October trip and this looks awesome!!

Thanks for posting all the photos and info everyone. Now I have to do a banana dance even though it is still like 7 months away, haha. :banana:

But, by November 13th, I think it was, the holidays had begun at DLR and IASW Holiday was up and running. So I am guessing they must have shut down regular IASW shortly after we were there on 10/24 - maybe they even let it go until Halloweentime ended on November 1, and then had t ready in less than 2 weeks.

IASW was closed when we arrived on the 28th of October last year. November 13 was a Friday, right? If so that was the day it opened. We were leaving on the 11th and I had so desperately been hoping for a soft opening.

I need to take pictures of my Halloween mouse ears and the one lone Halloween Vinylmation that I own. :laughing:
I can throw in a couple of pins too I think.

IASW was closed when we arrived on the 28th of October last year. November 13 was a Friday, right? If so that was the day it opened. We were leaving on the 11th and I had so desperately been hoping for a soft opening.

I need to take pictures of my Halloween mouse ears and the one lone Halloween Vinylmation that I own. :laughing:
I can throw in a couple of pins too I think.

Yep. November 13 was a Friday. In the years just prior to last year, the holiday season at DLR started one week before Thanksgiving, or rather the Friday before Thanksgiving, and it seemed like there were some IASW Holiday soft openings being reported. But last year, the official start of the season was two weeks (two Fridays) before Thanksgiving, so maybe that's why they didn't do a soft opening, since they were already starting the season earlier?? So now I have no clue what date the holiday season will begin this year, if it will be one or two weeks prior to Thanksgiving. Heck, for all I know, DLR may suddenly say, "Hey! Halloweentime has become a big success for us, so let's start it even earlier than the 24th!" Or they could say, "Why don't we just start Halloweentime on October 1, when we start the TOTP?" You just never know what those wacky DLR folks will do to surprise us!!:rotfl2:

Well, I found DS13's pressed penny book (not easy because he's out of town!) and photographed his pressed Nightmare Before Christmas QUARTER. This pressed-quarter machine is shaped like a big coffin and found near the doorway of the store in New Orleans' Square that sells all the NBC stuff. I imagine the machine is there through Halloween and Christmas seasons along with HMH.

Along with the Oogie Boogie one shown, they also had one with Jack Skellington and another choice that I can't recall. I'm pretty sure they cost $1 in quarters plus the quarter you press.

coin001.jpg

coin002.jpg

And yeah for me -- I figure out how to resize the photos! Sorry about the image quality.

PHXscuba

So glad I found this thread! We have just decided to head to Disneyland this fall! We have two days planned, October 30th and 31st! (we arrive in LA late on the 29th). We did the MNSSHP this past October at WDW, can't wait to try Disneyland! Will be watching this thread for tips and for details, going with two little boys ages 5 and 8! I am sure it will be very very busy at the parks these two days, but we are looking forward to it! :goodvibes

Here are my photos from the trick or treat party last year as well as just some random decoration photos :) Sorry if they're huge and some were taken with my iPhone so they aren't awesome quality lol

2rc3lmv.jpg

11lufxz.jpg

332mhqb.jpg

v740vs.jpg

ja9ki1.jpg

2h5k30k.jpg

2jeza8h.jpg

108ivja.jpg

210bv69.jpg

2u46d8o.jpg

23gzer5.jpg

2rxflar.jpg

34f0g12.jpg

24615jr.jpg

200vgub.jpg

jaw706.jpg

vsm3c5.jpg

Nice, iKristin!:thumbsup2 You posted a few really good ones that we hadn't already seen in this thread, like the one at the Halloween Round-Up and the two with the projected images (pumpkins) at the TOTP (on California Screamin' and also at the Wharf area)! Great!! That's what we needed!

I am quite pleased with our little Halloween Superthread in the making!:goodvibes The OP never came back, but thanks to all of you DIS-ers out there who have taken the time to contribute your great Halloweentime photos, we now have a really good representation of what Halloween at DLR is like, and this will be very helpful to folks who are planning a Fall trip. Let's keep 'em coming!!:cool1:

Does anyone have anymore Halloween food/drink photos, such as a really good, clear photo of the pumpkin muffin with the Mickey pumpkin stuck in the top of it (my Mickey pumpkin broke, or I would have posted it!!:rotfl:)? The pumpkin cupcake that was sold at Marceline's, etc.? What about some of the Halloween cookies that were sold in the bakeries?

Also, as for other Halloween merchandise - other than the items I posted photos of on the previous page, does anyone have any good pictures to share of any of the special Halloween ears (Candy Corn ears, Witch ears, Bat ears, etc.), or how about any of the great t-shirts that were sold (I know there was one I really wanted, with a Mickey ghost on the front) in the parks or just exclusively for the TOTP?

And...what about in Downtown Disney or the hotels or hotel restaurants? Did anyone notice anything Halloween-ish outside of DCA or DL? Maybe World of Disney had some cool Halloween window displays or set-ups inside the store? In 2008, I got photos of the fantastic Halloween display in Deptartment 56, BUT I didn't post them because Department 56 is no longer there in DTD, so I figure there is no point in posting them because no one will be able to go in and look at the display. But it was a great display!!!

I have the TOTP shirt for last year, I'll take a photo of it later today since it's in the washer right now :) I also have the TOTP bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter