Halloween 2019

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
So we just got back from Epcot and the Candlelight Processional and all the Christmas of Disney. Loved it. We are already contemplating going now next year during the Halloween festivities. I see this starts as early as August. That is quite early. Are you crowds lower earlier in the game. What are the must do's at this time of year? Tips and Tricks of the season are welcome. Thanks you

It’s a bit counterintuitive, but August/2.5 months before Halloween does not equate to lower party crowds. In some ways it’s the opposite. They started MNSSHP earlier than ever this year and all it really did was open the event to larger late summer crowds. The August parties generally were reported to be quite crowded this year, some unbearably so to some.

Disney also does a good job spreading around party demand based on ticket prices and discounts. Early parties are cheaper and have various discounts (AP, DVC, CM, Milotary, etc). As you get toward October dates, prices are higher and you have nights with no discounts available.

It makes for a pretty busy party season on the whole.

MNSSHP is still one our favorite events though.

We went to the first August party in 2017 and the second one in August 2018. The second party in August 2018 was much more crowded than the first party the year before, IMHO. We still enjoyed ourselves and will probably go again in August 2019. We are really only there for the atmosphere, parade and fireworks, however. If we wanted to ride a lot of rides and do character meets, we may have been disappointed. I think the key is coming up a few priorities for the party and realize you won't be able to see and do everything.

First, happy 325 days until Halloween!

We went to a Tuesday party (August 27, I think) and a Friday party (August 30?). That Tuesday was raining, heavily, and the crowds were light as a result. It was easy to get pictures without waiting and the parade route was not super crowded. By Friday I had to wait 45 minutes to get a decent spot, 2 people back from the parade edge. In both cases there was plenty to see and do, but I am a little sad that our Friday pictures around Disney show not the Disney icons behind us (the castle, the pirates sign) but crowds and masses of people. Even for lesser know photo stops there was a 10 to 15 minute wait. Rides were mixed on both days - huge line for SM, not much of a line for HM. ?:| The weather was extremely hot on Friday, which was rather draining, but I love Halloween so I was delighted to be able to start the season early.

As for Tips and Tricks there's a colossal MNSSHP thread. I'm not sure who starts it these days, but look for it in January/February. Here's the thread for 2018:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...een-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/

i can't wait for Halloween in the park. We will be there 2019 the week of Halloween. :)

Do you have to contend with free dining? That always makes the parks more crowded that time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter