Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Good Morning Everyone! If its Sunday, I must be reporting from hospital room 323. I didn't sleep at all last night. I just couldn't get comfortable. I haven't been able to lie down since this started so I sleep sitting up. I think lack of sleep is catching up with me. I have my favorite Nursing Assistant this morning and I was really crouchy with her. They just gave me some pain med so hopefully there is a nap in my future.

I can't believe how close we are to vacation!!! It is going to be an amazing trip and I am so thankful that my back isn't worse than it is.Since I have been hearing stories of other people who's back are a lot worse than mine. But I am very nervous about tomorrow though.

I think the fact that we are going to have to slow down on this vacation should make it more interesting. We are very commando at the parks and stopped noticing the small things a long time ago. Since I will have to take it slow and cannot ride a lot of attracations, it will be like seeing it again for the first time.

Sorry about the rambling but that is what happens when I get pain meds and there isn't anyone to talk to.

Have a great day everyone :)

Good Morning Everyone! If its Sunday, I must be reporting from hospital room 323. I didn't sleep at all last night. I just couldn't get comfortable. I haven't been able to lie down since this started so I sleep sitting up. I think lack of sleep is catching up with me. I have my favorite Nursing Assistant this morning and I was really crouchy with her. They just gave me some pain med so hopefully there is a nap in my future.

I can't believe how close we are to vacation!!! It is going to be an amazing trip and I am so thankful that my back isn't worse than it is.Since I have been hearing stories of other people who's back are a lot worse than mine. But I am very nervous about tomorrow though.

I think the fact that we are going to have to slow down on this vacation should make it more interesting. We are very commando at the parks and stopped noticing the small things a long time ago. Since I will have to take it slow and cannot ride a lot of attracations, it will be like seeing it again for the first time.

Sorry about the rambling but that is what happens when I get pain meds and there isn't anyone to talk to.

Have a great day everyone :)

You were not rambling, but even if you were, thats what this board is for:goodvibes...

Taking it slow at the parks is actually not a bad thing, your right, I am a comando type person when I get to Disney, but slow is probably better...take it all in, the sights, sounds and smell.....mmmmmm that confectionary shop at disney, I can smell the sweetness now....

Gail, I have been cleaning all morning, got the dining room done, ( cannot believe how much dog hair I have swept up)...family room done, going to work on my room and shampoo my carpet and the hallway....then I will take it easy the rest of the day....only 3 more weekends before we leave and I have tons to do....

Have a good day all
Denise

Annette prayers for your surgery tomorrow...

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line® vacation. We look forward to sailing with you and want to take this opportunity to share with you some important information as you prepare to pack for your vacation.

We’ll be celebrating Halloween on our ships this year with several themed events, including traditional trick-or-treating and a special costume parade for children on the following sail dates:

Disney Magic® - October 22, 2011 and October 29, 2011
Disney Wonder® - October 23, 2011 and October 30, 2011

Though not required, we encourage Guests of all ages to bring along their costumes for these special events. There will even be a costume contest for our adult guests on one evening with prizes awarded based on the following categories:

Funniest
Best Group
Most Spooky
Most Original
Most Disney

More information on themed nights, times and locations will be available onboard in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom.

All Guests are invited to wear costumes; however, we ask that you choose costumes which are not obstructive or offensive. To avoid any disappointment or delay in your boarding process, we ask that when considering costume options you refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.

Again, we look forward to sailing with you and hope you have a magical cruise.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew of Disney Cruise Line®

This is the email from Disney that I received...its states that trick or treating will be on the 29th.....

Annette- you are in my prayers girl! Cannot wait to see you again. My mom has a hc room on deck 6 too!:goodvibes

HALLOWEEN- the letter DOES NOT say we are doing halloween on the 29th, it says they are celebrating halloween on the following sail dates.... I called DCL and they said it is not officially decided. Some rumors are that they will do it on the 30th. I complained profusely that it should be on a sea day and NOT on a port day. I also complained that there is NO REASON to move it from the 31st, at least not the trick or treating (I dont care about much else). Needless to say, they didnt seem to care. I also wrote a long COMPLAINT letter about how they are handling this. I mean, on the cruises that go over Thanksgiving and Christmas, they dont move the actual days....
JMHO.

Oh well.

Cant wait to cruise. Got a pretty busy month ahead. Lots to do with DS's school and church. Mom is busy with her thing (that I am not allowed to solicit for on the DIS, therefore cannot mention it...stupid rule). DH is working as much as he can to get us some spending cash! :goodvibes

Postcard Exchange list has been sent (via a PM) so if you thought you signed up and don't have a message from me, please let me know ASAP so I can make corrections.

Trick or Treating - I have no idea how they could not do it on Halloween, especially since it is a sea day. But, their logic has been known to fail on me so we shall see. JanDave is sailing now and I left her a message to see if she could track down the CD and find out for us. I will let everyone know what I hear.

Nothing else to report. Annette - prayers being sent for a good day tomorrow.

I left a message this morning for Jan (currently cruising on the Magic) to see if she could get any info on the plans for Halloween on our cruise and she called me back a bit ago to let me know she heard the message and would see what she could find out - from both guest services and the CD (Peter, by the way). And, in case anyone has read any of the negative posts/reviews about the condition of the Magic - they have seen nothing wrong. She also said that they have Captain John.

I will let everyone know what she has to say when they get back next weekend.

I left a message this morning for Jan (currently cruising on the Magic) to see if she could get any info on the plans for Halloween on our cruise and she called me back a bit ago to let me know she heard the message and would see what she could find out - from both guest services and the CD (Peter, by the way). And, in case anyone has read any of the negative posts/reviews about the condition of the Magic - they have seen nothing wrong. She also said that they have Captain John.

I will let everyone know what she has to say when they get back next weekend.

tell Jan I said hello....I think she may remember me....but at any rate, tell her hello...hope things are going well for her & her family.

Denise

Happy Monday! Only 3 more Monday's until we go. Short week this week for me, heading to Ohio to see my folks around noon on Friday. Last time I tried tht I got stuck in construction for almost two hours, sort of negated the fact that I took off the afternoon. But, I will try anyway and maybe I will get there for dinner.

Annette - prayers said for everyone.

Denise - Jan remembered you and Wally.

I also found out that one of the funniest servers (and she was good too) Alicia from Trinidad is now in Palo. Super excited to see her.

Well, have a great day!

Morning

Monday morning and we are supposed to have a great weather week....in the 70's all week, no rain by the weekend up in the high 70's...so hopefully will get the rest of the yard work done.

I got a lot of ironing done this weekend, so not much more to go then I will be ready to start packing.....

have a good day

later
denise:banana::banana::banana:

25 DAYS!!!:woohoo:

so i borrowed my mothers suitcases...and I started to take out all the clothes for the cruise and pack them to see what will fit.and now i'm in panic...I don't have enough dressy clothes for me and the boys for 7 days..lol...we got enough for 4....so looks like we'll be wearing things again? :confused3 well I'll be eating in Palo the first night so I can wear that outfit again the last night..hee hee.

how bad will it be to not dress up the kids for dinner? am I going to get the 'stink eye' from people...will my family be mentioned as 'hillbillies' on dcl dinner attire threads...

so i borrowed my mothers suitcases...and I started to take out all the clothes for the cruise and pack them to see what will fit.and now i'm in panic...I don't have enough dressy clothes for me and the boys for 7 days..lol...we got enough for 4....so looks like we'll be wearing things again? :confused3 well I'll be eating in Palo the first night so I can wear that outfit again the last night..hee hee.

how bad will it be to not dress up the kids for dinner? am I going to get the 'stink eye' from people...will my family be mentioned as 'hillbillies' on dcl dinner attire threads...

We always recycle clothes when cruising. Annette and I are the same size so you will find me stealing clothers from her during the cruise. You wont get the stink eye from us. Kids are addorable no matter what they wear.

Waiting in the surgical lounge while Annette has a 3 hour surgery. She was really nervous but i think i'm more stressed sitting out here.

We always recycle clothes when cruising. Annette and I are the same size so you will find me stealing clothers from her during the cruise. You wont get the stink eye from us. Kids are addorable no matter what they wear.

Waiting in the surgical lounge while Annette has a 3 hour surgery. She was really nervous but i think i'm more stressed sitting out here.

Hugs to both of you. I do think that the waiting is the worst - she will sleep right through it! Just relax, think positive thoughts, plan out your WDW days, figure out what cruise you are going to rebook while onboard and know we are all in your cornor - or would that be Annette's??

Hugs to both of you. I do think that the waiting is the worst - she will sleep right through it! Just relax, think positive thoughts, plan out your WDW days, figure out what cruise you are going to rebook while onboard and know we are all in your cornor - or would that be Annette's??

Yep, what Gail said.....

she will be fine....I think the person/people that are waiting has the hardest time, it stress you out and you go home drained. But enough pixie dust has been sent her way so you know she will be fine:thumbsup2

Denise

Don't worry about rewearing dressy clothes. We all do it. And honestly, if someone is having such a bad time that all they can do is focus on who is wearing what, then they need to have their head examined for spending that much money on supposedly having a vacation.

great..now I dont feel bad...I'll just pack what we have...

Annette/Amanda...prayers for you both!

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE FE LIST...I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A FINALIZED VERSION UP...

Thank you for the well wishes and pixie dust. It must of worked because the surgery went great and there wasnt any nerve damage. She may be able to go swimming in the pool and ocean if everything goes as planned per her doctor.

Thank you for the well wishes and pixie dust. It must of worked because the surgery went great and there wasnt any nerve damage. She may be able to go swimming in the pool and ocean if everything goes as planned per her doctor.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Happy to hear she will be right as rain! How awesome. Never underestimate the power or prayer and pixie dust!

Fantastic news....:dance3: I guess pixie dust does work......:worship:I believe!!!!:goodvibes

Woo-Hoo! :cool1: What great news! Speedy recovery to you, Annette! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter