Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

What we long suspected, that Mystery 101 has been cancelled and there will never be another episode to end the cliffhanger, has finally been confirmed.

On April 23, Hallmark made a post on its official Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Facebook page when HM&M was doing a marathon of Mystery 101 movies.

One fan, Gerri Bartow, commented, “Love this series. Wish Hallmark would start again with another series.”

The official HM&M account replied, writing: “We loved making “Mystery 101” and we’re so glad you enjoyed sleuthing along with us. We want to let you know that our talented sleuths have solved the last mystery and are off the case. In the coming weeks and months there are exciting new mysteries on the way that we know you’ll love!”

This was Hallmark’s first official announcement that the series was canceled, even though it ended on a cliffhanger.

Kristoffer Polaha, confirmed the news with fans on Twitter:

“Well kids, looks like the cat’s out of the bag. #Mystery101 has solved its last mystery. You are the most incredibly supportive fans ever! We LOVE you! @JillWagner @robinthomas101 & I had the most amazing time entertaining you by bringing Travis, Amy, & Graham to life. But…😉
I wish I could say I couldn’t believe they would leave us hanging off a cliff, but unfortunately I don’t trust Hallmark to take care of us 😢 I’m not shocked but I am very disappointed 😔

I wish I could say I couldn’t believe they would leave us hanging off a cliff, but unfortunately I don’t trust Hallmark to take care of us 😢 I’m not shocked but I am very disappointed 😔

Yes, that's exactly how I felt. Their egos to make their own movies & series is more important than doing just ONE more movie to finish off a cliffhanger of a great series for US. >:( :sad2:

It's the same with the Crossword Mysteries. It didn't end on a cliffhanger, but Brennan Elliott had said in an interview that Crossword Mysteries has definitely ended, even though he and Lacey may be starring together in new mysteries.

Reminder for Saturday:

When Love Springs
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 5.7 at 5pm ET
Thur 5/11 at 8pm ET
Sat 5/13 at 12pm ET

Starring: Rhiannon Fish and James O'Halloran.
Description: When Rory arrives at a quaint B&B on the lake for the vow renewal of her parents, she runs into her ex who broke her heart. Panicked, she pretends the B&B owner is her new boyfriend.

How Will the Writers Strike Impact Hallmark? Screenwriters Speak Out

https://heavy.com/entertainment/hallmark/hallmark-writers-strike/

Hallmark screenwriters are speaking out about the Hollywood writers’ strike and how it will affect their industry. Here’s a look at why they’re supporting the strike, and how the strike might impact work down the line.

The TV and film writers’ strike began on Tuesday, May 2, marking the first strike since 2007-2008, CBS News reported. While late-night shows will be affected almost immediately, as they are typically written daily, the strike will trickle down to affect other shows the longer it lasts.

Scripted shows and movies that are written further in advance will take longer to be affected, CBS News noted. Any projects already written, like some Hallmark Christmas movies, can still be filmed. In fact, Hallmark has already been filming quite a few of its 2023 Christmas movies. Back in January, for example, the network already shot “A Biltmore Christmas” starring Bethany Joy Lenz and Kristoffer Polaha.

“When Calls the Heart” season 10 will not be affected, since it has already been filmed. The series will still premiere in late July as planned. However, if writing hasn’t been finished on a movie or TV series, that might be delayed depending on how long the strike lasts, CBS News noted.

The writers’ strike began after negotiations broke down with companies like Discovery-Warner, Netflix, Amazon, and Disney, CBS News reported. According to the WGA (Writers Guild of America), their requests include better compensation and residuals for streaming movies, better terms for paying out the second half of writing contracts, a minimum of six writers in a writers’ room, and the like.

In a statement, the WGA noted: “From their refusal to guarantee any level of weekly employment in episodic television, to the creation of a ‘day rate’ in comedy variety, to their stonewalling on free work for screenwriters and on AI for all writers, they have closed the door on their labor force and opened the door to writing as an entirely freelance profession. No such deal could ever be contemplated by this membership,” CBS News shared.

‘Mystery 101’ Screenwriter Said They Just Want to be Paid Fairly So They Can Be ‘Solidly Middle Class’

In an interview with the Hallmark Mysteries & More podcast, writer John Christian Plummer shared details about the writers strike and exactly why this is so important for screenwriters’ future careers. Hallmark Mysteries & More is co-hosted by Eric Rutin and Sydney Rowland.

“Right now our contract that we have with all the studios (Amazon, Apple, Paramount, NBC Universal…) needs to be reevaluated…” Plummer explained. “It’s up to the studios if they are going to meet our incredibly reasonable terms to be paid fairly, to be compensated fairly mostly in the streaming world… The business has changed a lot since we last negotiated a contract and we just want to make sure that we’re compensated fairly…”

Plummer explained that they’re not trying to get rich, they just want to be able to have a middle-class level lifestyle. [. . .]

‘Hanukkah on Rye’ Screenwriter Said It Will Be ‘Impossible to Make a Living’ Without This

Julie Sherman Wolfe, a screenwriter for Hallmark films like “Hanukkah on Rye,” “Always Amore,” “The Perfect Pairing,” and more, stands fully in support of the strike.

She tweeted, “25 years in the WGA and I have never felt so strongly that this is the hill to die on, especially for younger writers. If we don’t get this… It’ll be impossible to make a living in the very near future.”

Many Hallmark stars have shared social media posts in support of the strike, including Lacey Chabert, Tyler Hynes, and Kyana Teresa.

Good Morning Friends,

I meant to post earlier this week how much dad and I did enjoy The Wedding Cottage. The movie began a bit iffy for me as I didn't feel the connection between the two main characters of Evan and Vanessa. This was one movie that got better and better as it went on! I felt connected to the small town of Stony Bridge and absolutely cheered for the bride and groom Amy and Scott, lovely couple! I did wish we had gotten to actually meet Evan's grandparents. I also, as in at times in real life, was disappointed to once again see someone, even a character (Evan in the movie) automatically think the worst of someone (Vanessa in the movie). I believe at heart in the good in all. I pray to live that way as well. I would definitely recommend. Oh, and I loved the Innkeeper Marilyn. She was great throughout :)

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 7 (of 10?) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

No new movie on HM&M this week.

Reminder for Saturday:

Dream Moms

Re-airs: Sun 5/17 at 5pm ET
Mon 5/22 at 6pm ET

Starring: Tamera Mowry-Housley, Chelsea Hobbs, Roger Cross and Matthew James Dowden.
Description: This may be as close to Hallmark doing a musical as they may get. The characters do not bursting into song like a regular musical. Instead Tamera sings and Chelsea dances as they play two moms whose Broadway dreams got deferred. They enter a TV talent show competition together and learn that it's never too late to become what or who you want to be.

Reminder for Saturday:

Dream Moms

Re-airs: Sun 5/17 at 5pm ET
Mon 5/22 at 6pm ET

Starring: Tamera Mowry-Housley, Chelsea Hobbs, Roger Cross and Matthew James Dowden.
Description: This may be as close to Hallmark doing a musical as they may get. The characters do not bursting into song like a regular musical. Instead Tamera sings and Chelsea dances as they play two moms whose Broadway dreams got deferred. They enter a TV talent show competition together and learn that it's never too late to become what or who you want to be.

This is a big no for me. It doesn’t sound appealing, although I do usually like Tamera. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 8 (of 10?) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has started a new schedule:
They are now premiering some mysteries on some FRIDAY nights now. (Not sure if this is temporary or permanent.)

I missed this one this Friday, but HM&M is re-airing it tonight (Sunday) night:

The Jane Mysteries: Inheritance Lost is on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries at 7pm ET.

Re-airs: Tues 5/16 at 9pm ET
Sat 5/20 at 9pm ET

Starring: Jodie Sweetin and Stephen Huszar.

Description: Notice it says "Mysteries" plural. So, this may be a new series. This movie mixes Jodie’s two loves: singing and starring in Hallmark movies.

This is based on the Jane da Silva mystery novels by K.K. Beck. Jane da Silva is an internationally renowned lounge singer whose stint in Paris is cut short when she finds out that her uncle Harold has died. Jane returns to Baltimore, the town she left behind because it reminded her too much of her late mother, and learns that her uncle totally ran a nonprofit private eye service. Who knew? Not Jane — and now she’s inherited a detective agency where she’s suddenly the lead detective! She’s not alone, though; Harold’s wife Sadie is there to provide Jane with lots of wigs and she has an actual detective (Stephen Huszar) to ask for advice.

At first Jane’s understandably like, “Uh, no thanks” but then she gets hired by a teen named Lia (Danielle Smith) whose mom died under mysterious circumstances 15 years ago. Not only that, Lia found out that her mom inherited a lot of money from her father just before her apparent suicide — and that’s money that Lia could use to go to Juilliard. A teen with musician dreams and a mother to grieve? Could a first case be more tailored to Jane? Jane quickly finds a number of suspects with motives, opportunities, and/or means — and she gets a brick through her window for her trouble. Will she see the case through to the bitter end, or will she close the curtain on this mystery before it’s solved?

Last edited:
Reminder for FRIDAY:

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is premiering some new movies on Friday evenings now at 9pm ET.

This week is the much anticipated new episode of the Hannah Swenson Mysteries: Carrot Cake Murder.

Re-airs: Sun 5/21 at 7pm ET
Tues 5/23 at 9pm ET
Mon 5/29 at 9pm ET

Starring: Alison Sweeney, Cameron Mathison, Gabriel Hogan and Barbara Niven.
Description: Hannah Swensen, everyone’s favorite crime-solving baker, is back on the case when the discovery of a skeleton in an old building sparks a murder investigation.

I've always liked Allison Sweeney but she's really jumped the proverbial shark with the Botox. 💉 If I watch her nowadays, I can't stop staring at her eyes. They look so weird now.

If she's not careful, she's going to go full Phyllis Diller.

Reminder for Saturday:

Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance

Thur 5/25 at 8pm ET
Sun 5/28 at 1pm ET

Starring: Cindy Busby and David Gridley.
Description: Assistant curator, Lauren, is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park ranger, who helps her on her mission.

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 9 (of 10?) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel

Dad and I came across When I Think of Christmas last night after it had already been on almost an hour. I recorded the rest of the movie which we are enjoying today. I love that both O Holy Night and O Come All Ye Faithful have already been sung in part at least. I am looking forward to seeing the rest and will share how we liked it when we have finished watching.

:grouphug:and hope each of you are having a good Saturday.

Reminder for Saturday:

Love in Zion National: A National Park Romance

Thur 5/25 at 8pm ET
Sun 5/28 at 1pm ET

Starring: Cindy Busby and David Gridley.
Description: Assistant curator, Lauren, is out to prove a set of ancient vases belong with the Pueblo Nation. While in Zion she meets Adam, a native Puebloan park ranger, who helps her on her mission.

Reminder for Sunday:

Ride, episode 9 (of 10?) premieres at 9pm ET on the Hallmark Channel
I like this concept, but I’m less than ecstatic about “Cindy Busby’s tour of the national parks.” Is there not one other actress willing to go outside?

Last edited:
I like this concept, but I’m less than ecstatic about “Cindy Busby’s tour of the national parks.” Is there not one other actress willing to go outside?

I thought the EXACT same thing! :lmao: What a way to ruin what could have been a great movie. I lasted 5 minutes as she was being prissy. I think I'll stick to looking at travel brochure photos of Zion. (I've actually been there in the dead of winter. I would have loved to see it again during warm weather.)

Dad and I did finish watching the last half of a When I Think of Christmas. We both most enjoyed Sara's mother Anna and her boyfriend George. It's always touching to me having positive older/extra family and friends in these movies. The end drama between Sara and Josh, I could have done without! Cheered for the little girl who bravely kept singing and loved how Sara and Josh came to her rescue in support at the Christmas concert. of course, as I said earlier, I loved all the traditional Christmas music which to me are beautiful reminders to me that Christmas is every day. Thanks be to God!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter