Haircut on MainStreet

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
anyone do this....recently?

wanted to do it last time and the barbershop was closed.

What times do they do this and what do the children get for having their hair cut

How much does it cost?

anything else you can tell me....

Thanks

Mal

My DH got a trim last year at the barber shop. They recently moved it to a little outcove around the corner from City Hall. I really thought the barber shop singers would be there (or that the barbers did the singing :), but they don't) Actually, there were two woman barbers there on the day we went.

I believe a haircut is $15. My DH only wanted a minor trim in the back (neck area) so the woman charged him $5. While we were there we watched a little boy get his first haircut. It was adorable! They have this whole procedure for it. Bubbles, toys, etc... They said they do around 15 - 20 first cuts a day. They really are pros with the little ones.

While DH was in the chair, I snapped a picture and the barber/woman said to wait a sec. She took out a Mickey apron for him and these HUGE fake cartoon like scissors. I have a great picture of him!

You could go there if they are not busy and just take the picture she told me. I would stop by just to see the place, really nice old time barber shop.

My husband has gotten his haircut here many times. Ironically there is an article about the MK barbershop in today's online Orlando Sentinel.

I felt a little silly getting my haircut but I wanted to try it. i have almost waist lenth hair si I just wanted a trim. My friend also had hers cut and she had shoulder length hair. Both hairdressers were WONDERFUL!!! They even did the little picture suprprises for us!

She also offered to braid my hair, which I never would have thought to ask for. It was mid - upper 90's when we were there so it really was nice to have my hair back and out of the way for the rest of the day!

I think it may have been $20 for my hair. I remember thinking that it was cheaper than great clips here in Atlanta!

I thought that this was just for children, but now i know its not im going!!! Do you have to book and if so how is there a number to call in advance?

Thanks

Emma

As far as I knoe you can not call in advance, its just first come firts served. We lucked out as there was NO ONE there!!!

If you go in the mornings, there's no one in the shop! They took my DH immediately. FYI, there's only two chairs.

My boys loved their haircuts at the MK>...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter