Hair and make up recommendations

2Tiggies

Near to Tigger's House
Looking for recommendations and/or reviews for hair and make up for bride and bridesmaids. We won't be on Disney property, but in the Orlando area. Ideally it would be great to find someone who would travel to us, rather than the other way around, but will consider all options. I've trawled through so many websites and some of them are a bit :scared1:

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place. This is my first post on the weddings board :)

I used Patricia LeJeune and her team at LeJeune Hair & Makeup Artistry. They were fantastic and I can't recommend them enough. She does require a minimum of 6 services for the wedding day, but hair and makeup are each their own service - so 3 girls getting hair and makeup, or 4 hairs, at least 2 makeups, basically any combination so long as you hit at least 6 services. All hair was $70 and all makeup $70 (no difference in price between airbrush foundation and regular - we all LOVED airbrush) and looking at her site it doesn't look like prices have changed. Additionally, her demeanor is amazing and she's a wonderful presence in the room while you get ready.

Here's some photos of mine/my girls hair & makeup. All but my hair & my bridesmaid with the strawberry blonde hair were the result of us just saying "make it up, so long as it's an updo" and everyone loved their looks! They lasted from 3:00am till 10:00pm.

(My mom's hair & makeup also done by LeJeune)

(Bridesmaid on my right not done by LeJeune)

10942753_2362201614643_3199289775706723939_n.jpg

Back of my maid of honor's hair - made up on the morning of by Patricia's team!!

Thank you! Your photos look wonderful! This was one of the two sites I bookmarked, so that makes it even more reassuring. I will probably have an issue with the six services though :( I do need both hair and make up, but I only have one bridesmaid. Perhaps I can persuade my future mom in law to join us. That would take us up to the minimum requirement. Does she travel to you or did you go to her? It's not a deal breaker either way, but I had this idea in my head that someone coming to us would be easier.

Thank you! Your photos look wonderful! This was one of the two sites I bookmarked, so that makes it even more reassuring. I will probably have an issue with the six services though :( I do need both hair and make up, but I only have one bridesmaid. Perhaps I can persuade my future mom in law to join us. That would take us up to the minimum requirement. Does she travel to you or did you go to her? It's not a deal breaker either way, but I had this idea in my head that someone coming to us would be easier.

She travels to you, at least regarding Disney weddings. I'm not sure what her travel policies are outside of Disney property but given that she is Orlando based I would say it's a reasonable assumption.

We had both mothers get hair and makeup, so I would see if you future MIL is up for it for sure :thumbsup2 If not, I would say the other most popular vendor is Beaute Speciale. I've also heard of Weddings by Crystal, but I only ever considered Patricia for myself.

I hire Patricia LeJeune every time I need hair and makeup done! She also has a salon in Winter Park, and if you go to her there is no service minimum or, of course, travel fee.

I read that you can use one of the on property salons to have hair & make up etc done. Has anyone had any experience with any on property salons?

I am looking at a very small Memories/Escape wedding, so only me really would be having my hair & make up done. I'd do it myself, but I suck at doing my own hair. (and I have a baby, so ponytails all the time LOL)

TIA!

I'm using fairytale hair. They come to you. My wedding is in April so I can let you know then how it turns out.

I hire Patricia LeJeune every time I need hair and makeup done! She also has a salon in Winter Park, and if you go to her there is no service minimum or, of course, travel fee.

Thanks. I didn't spot that on the website. Winter Park may be even better for us.

I ventured out, lol! My BMs and I decided we don't like to wear a ton of make up and we wanted our hair down.. so we didn't feel the need to pay $100+ for the minimal work needed. However, we understood we needed something that would last and isn't applied by us or other family members (seeing it was a morning wedding, we didn't want anyone to be tired). With that being said, I posted an ad on CL and contracted with Sharon Knight of SSKnight Artistry. She charged me $70/person for hair and make up with no additional early morning or travel fees. Below is their selfie and another picture of our "transformation", lol!

She has other samples of her work on her website: http://www.ssknightartistry.com/.

Though she's still new to the Disney bridal community, I would recommend her to any brides who are on a tight budget, need minimal work done, and understanding the timing of hair and make up. Originally, I hired her for only my BMs and the two mothers.. so you can plan it that way as well. Happy planning!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Last edited:
I ventured out, lol! My BMs and I decided we don't like to wear a ton of make up and we wanted our hair down.. so we didn't feel the need to pay $100+ for the minimal work needed. However, we understood we needed something that would last and isn't applied by us or other family members (seeing it was a morning wedding, we didn't want anyone to be tired). With that being said, I posted an ad on CL and contracted with Sharon Knight of SSKnight Artistry. She charged me $70/person for hair and make up with no additional early morning or travel fees. Below is their selfie and another picture of our "transformation", lol!

She has other samples of her work on her website: http://www.ssknightartistry.com/.

Though she's still new to the Disney bridal community, I would recommend her to any brides who are on a tight budget, need minimal work done, and understanding the timing of hair and make up. Originally, I hired her for only my BMs and the two mothers.. so you can plan it that way as well. Good lucky!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480
I love your "transformation" photos! Beautiful ladies!

These are fantastic photos, so beautiful! I'm hoping to get Patricia Lejeune for my wedding in November. Crossing fingers now!

Patricia Lejeune and her team are amazing. They were on time and are really excellent at what they do. We all loved our looks. Patricia is a beautiful person inside and out and has such a calming presence.

Professional Elegance. Tiffany does airbrush and uses M.A.C. products. Had her do my makeup for the Wedding Day and both the EPCOT Bridal Shot and Trash the Dress. Great prices! And Makeup lasted all day and did not break me out. www.professionalelegance.com

Have a wonderful day!pixiedust:

Another shout for Patricia LeJeune here. Had an engagement photo shoot on Wednesday, and went up to the salon in Winter Park beforehand. Jess did my hair, and Alex did our makeup, and they were both really friendly! They did light makeup on my DF (so he doesn't shine in the photos), and full hair and makeup for me. Came to $155, and we were really happy. I don't have any photos to show yet, but some will certainly be posted in my (yet to be made) planning journal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter