Had to put my kitty down tonight

adamak

DIS Veteran
We adopted a kitty from ASPCA less than a month ago. He was great, cute and super friendly to us. He noticed from day 1 that he had a tilted head and walked funny but we though it was just him being a kitty. We went to vet after the adoption and they think he may have an ear infection, so he was on antibiotic. But then last week, the kitty's health suddenly declined. Couldn't eat or drink or control bowel moment. Lost a third of his weight in a few days. We went to 2 vets and both think he has FIP, a disease that attacked his brain / nerve and turned deadly.

Tonight at the emergency hospital, they said nothing else could be done. And he's quickly dying of starvation. So we decided to put him to sleep. I'm so devastated. I met him less than 4 weeks ago. And this is so unfair. It took me over 3 years to get over my last pet's death and decide to adopt again. I know it's not anyone's fault, but I'm still so sad and angry. Aside from the medical bills, it's the emotion dive that I can't stomach, yet again. This is never easy.

Thanks for listening.

Awww...so sorry. Sounds like you were a good parent in the short time he was here. Don’t give up though, there is another kitty that needs your love at the right time!!

I'm so sorry. I know from experience how hard it is and it never gets easier. And I know it can be hard to consider getting a new pet but just remember all the good you are doing by adopting.

I'm so sorry. That is so sad. I agree that there is a kitty that needs you and I bet that in time you'll see that. :hug:

I am so sorry. I am tearing up, though, thinking of how special you made his time with you,and how wonderful that you both experienced that love, even if for a sort time. Thinking of you.

I am so sorry. :sad1:

I know your time with him was short, but your kitty was greatly loved. And he didn’t have to face his illness all alone, which he would have if you hadn’t been there for him. I sincerely thank you for that.

I know how terribly hard it is having to deal with the loss. But what you gave that little guy was a precious gift that a lot of animals never get. I hope you can find peace in knowing that.

I am soooo sorry. :hug: My 13 yr old kitty has been quite sick the past few days so I know how tough it can be.

I am so sorry. Please contact the ASPCA, they should help with the medical bills since your kitty was sick when you adopted him.

Oh, that's devastating. :( FIP is a horrible disease, I worried about that when we adopted our guys.

I'm so sorry, this is a tough one. :(

So so sorry to hear about your cat. Having had to put mine down in January because of Lymphoma, I know how tough it is. I'm sure he would tell you how thankful he is that he passed having known what it was like to have a family of his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter