Had a hunch it may happen , the pp for Grand. Cal. is dropping 300+ down to 249.00. I am anxious to see the price Of Disney Land Towers !!!

I have noticed that! Maybe some sellers have decided it’s time to grab as much as they can before VDH goes on sale!!

And it will be priced similar to whatever RIV and VGF have for base price.

I think it's just that the market is pretty stagnant and people are taking lower offers to get a sale.
VGC never taken in ROFR as well

I have noticed that! Maybe some sellers have decided it’s time to grab as much as they can before VDH goes on sale!!

And it will be priced similar to whatever RIV and VGF have for base price.
Yes that is my thought as well.

Where did you see $249? I just went into ROFR on a contract for $270pp - albeit it had full points for 2022.

Where did you see $249? I just went into ROFR on a contract for $270pp - albeit it had full points for 2022.
If it's the listing I'm thinking of, it's stripped and a 400 pointer.

I've just closed on a VGC resale contract and am eager to see if adding on will be more affordable next year. :rolleyes:

Even though the price has gone down, the Australian dollar has more. I would have paid exactly the same if I was purchasing now. So..yay? Of course the extra 50 points at $230 I thought was ghastly in 2020 isn't looking too shabby either.

Sorry links are blocked but there are 43 listings out there which is a lot

Likely it will be the going rate for actively on sale resorts (currently $207 but I’m betting there will be one increase by then) minus incentives.
If DLT is at 207, then I fear the chart. The mouse makes its money one way or another.

The 150 point minimum is crazy for WDW, but even crazier for DL. Either the chart is bananas, or they get rid of the minimum.

If DLT is at 207, then I fear the chart. The mouse makes its money one way or another.

The 150 point minimum is crazy for WDW, but even crazier for DL. Either the chart is bananas, or they get rid of the minimum.
Riviera is 207 and a similarly sized new dvc only tower. VDH point chart will likely be similar.

Minimum for existing members will be less. 25 I think and maybe 50 if financing.

Studios at VGC cost 26 points and 1 Bedroom is 52 points in the summer, so 50 pts ain't going far.

I don't think VDH charts will be that much different for the busy times like summer, might even start with Standard views the same as VGC. They will probably jack up Sept/Oct at a minimum based on the popularity of Halloween offering in recent years. Not sure that was as much of a thing when VGC opened and they wanted to encourage people to come at that time.

He said that for VGF2 as well, it will be $220 max otherwise VGC resale is a better product.
And now VGF2 is selling less than RIV, even at normal pricing with incentives. I watched the podcast too, and I believe Pete said that $225 "sounds right", but he thought they could get $275. They seemed to think DVD would start out at the current level, then adjust if sales take off (or not if they don't), so getting in early may be the best course of action (of course, even that, referencing Bay Lake Tower, isn't foolproof as BLT actually got lower a bit after the initial offering and everyone thought it would go quick too). I also don't think that the average contract will be as high, point-wise as many WDW based contracts as I don't know that people are going to go for a week every year. Certainly those on the West Coast may buy a bunch to scatter days throughout the year, but for those not in CA, I think that visiting for 4-5 nights every 2-3 years will probably be the more common usage.

For us, this is a great way to pair with a trip to Aulani (something also mentioned on the podcast) every 2-3 years, so 50 points, used every 3 years is 150 per stay and if a studio is 30 points or less per night, then we would be at the right place with a 50 pt contract.

Of course part of me says buy way more and rent them out, but we'll see... :)

He said that for VGF2 as well, it will be $220 max otherwise VGC resale is a better product.
This where the math falls apart for me, but it is exactly what they did for GF pricing it so low. I was stunned they did it with VGF, but I guess they had to, still holding the bag on all of that RIV and Aulani, and that hasn't changed. And VGF2 is such a small project compared to any of these, DL Tower, RIV, or POly2.

They don't have to price DLT to sell. I think they price high and maybe add incentives if it isn't working. That's the opposite of what the podcast guessed, that opening price would be cheapest.

VGC dropping now is crazy. I haven't seen anything like this since I started looking at DVC. Good time to buy VGC for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter