HA studio ressie

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We're planning our 2nd 4 generation family trip to WDW in October. We have the rooms, including a HA studio for DMom and DSis. However, it looks more likely that DM won't be able to come with us. Over Memorial weekend, we had a family trip to the Grand Canyon, and 2 weeks before it became apparent that her physical and mental state won't allow for travel, so her participation was cancelled along with all of her other travel plans on USAirways. DMom was a happy traveler, her last visit to WDW was in October to help celebrate our DAunts 80th birthday.

The October trip is with another carrier and especially my DSis hasn't given up hope that DM will be joining us.

The question is...can I keep our HA studio ressie, or should I release it for someone who is going and will need the room. If I cancel, would I have to rebook another room for DSis, from "scratch?" It's the "beginning a new" ressie for my DSis that's prompting this thread. I don't have enough points to just book another room and then cancel the one that won't be used, these points have been borrowed. DSis IS going to come with us. IF DMom comes, she needs a HA room.

Please pray for DMom, now 87. She seems to be losing her will to live, but her life itself has become very hard. Doctors tell us to give the meds time to work.

Bobbi

Dearest Bobbi my heart goes out to you:grouphug:
I'm not knowledgeable enough about dvc yet to give any advise
but you certainly have my prayers. I lost my mom (she was only 62 )eight years ago and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. Love her -be with her -and treasure her and never give up hope.
Hugs to you and your family
Mel

Bobbi, as someone who needs HA rooms to vacation I say keep the ressie. By cancelling it you are putting a firm no on your mom's travel plans. You can't guarantee you'll be able to get that room later. (Trust me in that those rooms go far too quickly.)

I appreciate you wanting to free up the room for someone else, but you'll still have plenty of time to do that later. You won't have another chance to reinvite your mom. (I wish I could do that too, but I lost my mom to cancer 3 years ago.)

In any case, I think MS can just take off that handicap room block later without changing the ressie. It's the same type room just with a hold by Special Needs. You'd be amazed how many times that block is ignored or lost unintentionally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter