H2O Glow Party- trying to decide

M&E

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decided on the H2O Glow Party. It's a lot of money for 6:00- 11:00 and technically only 3 hours of that is exclusive party time. My boys (17,13) love waterparks. The cost of the ticket is almost as much as adding the Waterpark fun and More to our tickets. That would allow us to go to TL multiple times. We would go August 20th. Do the dates typically sell out? For people who have gone in the past do you like the party enough to make it your one and only trip to TL during a week long vacation or do you think being able to go a couple afternoons with the "unlimited" pass is a better option?

Our family did decide to get tickets for H20. We love waterparks, but thought the experience at night would be new and different. We also felt a high level of confidence that our two boys (18, 14) could easily eat 75 dollars worth of free popcorn and Mickey ice cream novelties over the course of the night. 🤣

We decided to do it in the end partly because we're going in August and hope it'll be a bit more manageable heat wise in the evening.

Reactions: M&E
If you like water parks, then yes, it is fun. We enjoyed it last time we went (and we don't say that for all Disney ticketed events). The only reason we're not going this year is because we have the Halloween party the night before (in August) and H2O Glow is the night before an early flight out, so sadly we had to pass. Otherwise, we would have gone again this year.

I'm older with bad knees (use an ECV in the parks) and have two young adult sons. I generally don't swim at Disney and avoid the water parks. We went to this in 2019 and I LOVED it. The party atmosphere was great, less people, easy to get a good seat, all the fun floats in the lazy river, etc. I didn't do any of the rides but my sons did and they were walk on. Of course check the current party thread and see what folks are saying but this is one event well worth the money for us. I also loved being in the water park at night - no sun to worry about - huge plus for me.

We're going, too. Factors that influenced our decision:
1) no need to worry about sunburn and constantly reapply sunscreen (maybe one initial application and then sun will be setting)
2) looks like a fun party atmosphere with all the glow stuff
3) definitely will eat lots of the included treats, and looking forward to trying many of the special offerings for the party
4) hoping for lower crowds (though I don't know what the capacity is for these); with Blizzard Beach looking likely to remain closed for the summer, we thought TL might be extra busy
5) we planned this to be a sleep-in, no-theme-parks day, so instead of buying park passes for the day we put the money toward this (and also had a small DVC discount)

We went two weeks ago for our first time. It was a neat experience being there at night. The atmosphere is totally different. The crowds were very low, TONS of floats in the lazy river and the ride lines were nice and short. We really enjoyed it and it was nice to not worry about the sun at all. I preferred it over some of the day trips we have made to Typhoon Lagoon. And the free treats are nice, my kids ate a lot of ice cream and pop corn, I liked free soda all night. Unless if you really wanted to do the water park more than one day, I would say go for it!

Our family did decide to get tickets for H20. We love waterparks, but thought the experience at night would be new and different. We also felt a high level of confidence that our two boys (18, 14) could easily eat 75 dollars worth of free popcorn and Mickey ice cream novelties over the course of the night. 🤣
My boys also looooooove popcorn! I forgot about that added value.

Do these typically sell out in August? I'd like to wait until the week before to buy the tickets so that if a tropical storm is forecast I don't waste the money.

I'm trying to decided on the H2O Glow Party. It's a lot of money for 6:00- 11:00 and technically only 3 hours of that is exclusive party time. My boys (17,13) love waterparks. The cost of the ticket is almost as much as adding the Waterpark fun and More to our tickets. That would allow us to go to TL multiple times. We would go August 20th. Do the dates typically sell out? For people who have gone in the past do you like the party enough to make it your one and only trip to TL during a week long vacation or do you think being able to go a couple afternoons with the "unlimited" pass is a better option?
Never really seen it sell out in past years for most dates. I think it's partly because most visitors from out of state aren't as aware of it or the waterparks. I'm planning to go August 27th.

I'd make a decision closer to the date. Weather could really make this one miserable.

We went on June 25th. There was a storm with endless lightening (be dramatic of course) so we were unable to swim at 6pm I think it was closer to 8 that we were able to get in the water but even with that delay we felt it was worth it. We had 6 teen boys with us and they had an absolute blast. We loved it at night and I couldn't keep track of how much ice cream they all ate if I tried. We were not on a Disney vacation so the night was a perfect touch of Disney Magic for us.

We went on June 25th. There was a storm with endless lightening (be dramatic of course) so we were unable to swim at 6pm I think it was closer to 8 that we were able to get in the water but even with that delay we felt it was worth it. We had 6 teen boys with us and they had an absolute blast. We loved it at night and I couldn't keep track of how much ice cream they all ate if I tried. We were not on a Disney vacation so the night was a perfect touch of Disney Magic for us.
I think it's a nice way to get in a water park day when you are tight on time, or just don't want to fight the crowds. This goes even for solo adults or couples. It is also a slightly different experience than the day time. I love water parks(and being in the water in general), but don't love tripping over huge crowds. It's a nice option for me. Planning on the last date this year, if all goes to plan.

I think it's a nice way to get in a water park day when you are tight on time, or just don't want to fight the crowds. This goes even for solo adults or couples. It is also a slightly different experience than the day time. I love water parks(and being in the water in general), but don't love tripping over huge crowds. It's a nice option for me. Planning on the last date this year, if all goes to plan.
I couldn't agree more. We love water parks and being in the water too. It was so nice not to be so crowded. Our last 3 Disney trips have been all water parks. We bought the water park season pass and hopped from park to park. I really hope they open Blizzard Beach and bring the water park season pass back again. We love an all water park vacation!

I couldn't agree more. We love water parks and being in the water too. It was so nice not to be so crowded. Our last 3 Disney trips have been all water parks. We bought the water park season pass and hopped from park to park. I really hope they open Blizzard Beach and bring the water park season pass back again. We love an all water park vacation!
I am planning to go the final night this year. That particular day would be pointless to go into any of the Disney theme parks for me, since I won't get back to Orlando from Port Canaveral til probably at least 1pm, and Universal, which I have a pass to, may be a wash as well. Possible to do a short day at SeaWorld, but will probably end up just hanging out in Disney Springs until time to go to the party. Maybe take in a movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter