• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guitar Dan is awesome!!

dwsandy

DIS Veteran
If you've never seen guitar Dan at Animal Kingdom, you need to go. He is in Camp Minnie Mickey. He walks around playing his guitar and singing songs to guests and puts them in the song. It makes for a great keepsake if you record it. On our last trip, my dd11 was asking him to say hi to my dad in a video message because he was unable to attend this trip due to hospitalization. Guitar Dan went the extra step and sang him a get well song. Here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqzPXrWCfik&feature=youtube_gdata_player

We had a great time with Guitar Dan too! We were leaving FOTLK three years ago. My son had a birthday button on for his 18th birthday. Guitar Dan walked over to us, and after some conversation, had everyone there sing Happy Birthday! My son loved it and we got some cute pictures.

He sang a song about my kids! We had never heard of him, and we were like, "why is this guy singing to us, wait, the song is ABOUT us!" It was awesome!!!

Many trips ago, we asked DD 5 what her favorite things were from that trip. I think she named Guitar Dan as number one!

With all the over-the-top extravaganzas and attractions that WDW offers, she liked the simple, but impressive talent of this man and his acoustic guitar!

So glad to know his name! Thanks dwsandy!

Guitar Dan sang a song to (and about) my DS 18 and we still talk about this as one of the highlights of our Christmas trip :)

Family captured in background of video helped capture the magic:

http://youtu.be/G-nazpzgzcM

My Guitar Dan Story:

He sang a song to us about my nephew... "Dinosaur Luke". Luke was 4 at the time and it was a highlight of the trip. We all talked about it and played it up for Luke.

Fast forward to last year while we were at the exit of FOTLK. My Dad goes up to Guitar Dan and tells him about the experience from 4 years ago.... When my nephew comes out of the line from greeting a character, Guitar Dan says "Hey everybody... It's Dinosaur Luke!!!" My nephew believed he remembered him! It was GREAT.

I've never had him sing to me/somone in our party but I have witnesses his shenanigans and they're awesome!!

He sung a song about my sister and I during our last trip and we recorded it! One of our favourite keepsakes from the trip!

Love Guitar Dan!

He sang to my DD 3 years ago for her 7th bday. We him again last year. I thanked him for singing to DD years ago and he sang to me for my bday.

Great videos everyone, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

My family loves Guitar Dan as well!

Guitar is the GREATEST!!!! He has sang to my kids on 3 separate Disney World trips - 2005, 2007 and 2009. He has a great memory, great singer and all round awesome guy!
He makes out trips to Disney magical every time we see him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter