Guides

walter

DIS Veteran
We purchased originally points in 1997. Since that time we have purchased add on points at OKW as well as some at VB. At no time have we heard from a guide asking about our satisfaction with the service or just calling to see how things were going. Some people we know have heard yearly from someone. Last year when we were on a 7 day DCL cruise, one of the guides stated that he would be in contact with us (not) and when I gave a couple of names as potential DVC purchasers, I along with these friends never heard a thing from them. In fact one friend bought from Marriott even though they were more interested in DVC. We do enjoy DVC, but I think they need to have some public relations in order for present DVC'ers.

Personally, I have always been surprised that DVC members want to hear from their guides on a regular basis after the completion of the sale. To us, our guide was the 'salesperson'...a very nice salesman...but still the salesman. Member services is the members contact arm of the organization. The only time I hear from my guide is the standard 'price increase' announcements.

Do you expect to hear from your real estate agent on an ongoing basis for several years to see if you're still happy with your house?

Now, I have recommended our guide to others, he was thorough and accurate on the info he told us, but our state doesn't allow for the rewards, so we do get a nice 'Thank you' letter, but that is all.

Chuck S - You are probably right about calls from guides, but when you make contact with one at some event, and they tell you that you can expect a call in a couple of weeks (about leads on potential DVC'ers) and receive none, it makes you wonder. I even faxed names to them and these people have never heard from them. Maybe they have so many leads that additional ones are not necessary. I did speak with a very nice lady at the BWV open house last January, who stated that this is not the norm, but has heard the same several times recently from DVC'ers.

Perhaps it was the guide who was the problem. While I don't hear from my guide often, I do hear from him occasionally to let me know of new programs available. That might have to do with the fact that he knows I am interested in adding on when BC becomes available. At any rate, perhaps you might want to try a different guide to make sure that those potential buyers are contacted. My guide is Ron Brumbaugh, very low-key, but he does consistently return callls. He can be contacted thru the regular DVC number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter