Guide Appreciation Gift???

senecabeach

Have a Disney Day !!!
Has anyone given thier guide an appreciation gift?? What do you give??

:love: My guide is just "Wonderful" and soooo "Customer" focused. :love:

I have been dealing with my guide for 2-3 years now. Unless its his day off..he returns my call the "same day". Remember...I'm not a perspective buyer..just an ole' DVCer looking for maybe a quick answer.

As an example....Friday night I e-mailed him with a question (Guide's have "read only" access) from a friend, that I couldn't answer.
Well...within 10 min (@ 8PM) my phone rang...and it was him..cheerful as ever!! :flower:

He certainly exemplifies "Disney's Vision"!! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
I will be down in Sept and would like to show my appreciation!

What suggestions might you have for some kind of recognition/appreciation gift?? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Yes, we gave our guide an appreciation gift a few months back. We sent it via U.S. Mail and surprised the guide very much. It was VERY much appreciated. We sent some items unique to the area where we live.

senecabeach said:
Has anyone given thier guide an appreciation gift?? What do you give??

:love: My guide is just "Wonderful" and soooo "Customer" focused. :love:

I have been dealing with my guide for 2-3 years now. Unless its his day off..he returns my call the "same day". Remember...I'm not a perspective buyer..just an ole' DVCer looking for maybe a quick answer.

As an example....Friday night I e-mailed him with a question (Guide's have "read only" access) from a friend, that I couldn't answer.
Well...within 10 min (@ 8PM) my phone rang...and it was him..cheerful as ever!! :flower:

He certainly exemplifies "Disney's Vision"!! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
I will be down in Sept and would like to show my appreciation!

What suggestions might you have for some kind of recognition/appreciation gift?? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Find out who he reports to and write a snail letter to that person. Be sure to emphasize the responsiveness, cheerfulness and all around great service. That will be appreciated far more than any gift!

Best wishes -

We are thinking of sending our guide a gift, because we may go resale instead of buying from Disney. She has been so very helpful and fun, and we want to show her our appreciation for all the time she's taken with us. :love1: We're thinking about a gift certificate to a nice restaurant in Orlando (a local friend gave me some suggestions).

Erica

Talked to my Guide the day I paid the initial $500.00. Haven't heard from her again. Marianne

Thank you all for your suggestions...I will definitely send the "snail" letter.

Dr. P...sounds good...Hummmmm :scratchin :scratchin

Tooneric.. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Yes..I am already on a "wait list"...but don't think the "Sept" UY is on Disney's calendar...been waiting soooo long :sad2:

Guide appreciation gift? That's a laugh. Our guide has never done a thing for us. In fact, couldn't even be bothered when we went down to buy our first contract even though we had an appointment with him. We purchased our points but no thanks to him - another salesperson (IMO I have no idea where this term guide comes from, they are nothing but sales people) met with us. Never got a thank you or nothing even though our salesperson got the sale. On our add-on he did nothing out of the ordinary. Seems to me like we should be getting the appreciation gift, not him :confused3.

WolfpackFan...........

Sorry to hear you had the wrong "guide" !!

Mine calls me periodically to check in..see if I have any questions..gives me some tips...arranges for me to visit him when I get down there..etc...

Of course..he's been a DVC guide, since OKW was selling...and ....

YES ...... "WONDERFUL" !!! :flower:

BTW...sales people I know get a commission...DVC "guides" don't!!
Though, I believe they probably DO need to show some sort of production, so to keep the job?? :confused3

Well said WolfPackFan! I haven't heard one word from our guide since we made our purchase in 2/2004! I agree they should send me an appreciation gift.....yeah, right.....like that's going to happen! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I sent Byron a goodie basket. It was filled with Cape Cod potatoe chips, salt water taffee, a cape cod magnet, etc. He's always been great to me :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter