Guests staying at resort hotels GE designated access watch.

So...I'm sort of hoping they extend that reservation thing for at least a year. We're going in November hoping the GE crowds will be under control by then, but it would be really cool to get a guaranteed reservation for staying onsite. Anxious to see how it works out for everyone.

So...I'm sort of hoping they extend that reservation thing for at least a year. We're going in November hoping the GE crowds will be under control by then, but it would be really cool to get a guaranteed reservation for staying onsite. Anxious to see how it works out for everyone.

Hoping the same thing. I personally don't think the crowds are going to wane during the first two years. Disney will receive so many complaints from onsite guests if they get little to no SWGE experience time. It could turn into a social media nightmare.

I just called DVC member services and they didn’t have any information.

Thank you for calling- I was going to tomorrow. I am DVC (owning at VGC) and I am booked June 17-19. I was originally booked to beat SWGE opening although I love SW and the fact the reservation will be done if staying on property, makes me so excited. I'm just curious how you get the reservation- do you get it upon check in? Do they send it to you as soon as the reservation bank opens? Do they assign the time at random? Will there be a link on the DVC member site (doubtful)? I NEED ANSWERS. Ha!

Coping my below message from the opening day superthread here as well as think it will interest some:

Further to what I said above about this all being second guessing so take this with a pinch of salt - some people are saying on Twitter that it’s been confirmed by Disney that the no cost reservation will be available on the day of your park visit, once you have scanned your part ticket at the entrance. Thus making it like a MP.

This makes sense to me as the capability is there for them to implement this. Again, only seeing a few people saying it so take it how you want. I don’t like this because again it’s clever on Disney’s part. Come down for the day anyway and maybe get into our new land! If not, stay and spend some money anyway on other things. And you’ve already bought a park ticket if you aren’t a AP holder.

I’m also seeing rumours (and that’s what they are at this point) that it will just be your room key that gets you access to GE. So that leads me back to the almost clause at the bottom of the parks blog post - just because you have a ticket or vacation package or hotel access, you will not be guaranteed access. That makes me worry that it will be queue up with your hotel room key, your queue will move first before the no cost reseveration line and you may get in before capacity. If not, you don’t.

For what it’s worth... I’m staying at GCH the 27th to the 1st. I called yesterday and was told that Disney would be mailing a letter with my reservation information. That I MUST NOT lose the letter - I’ll need it to get it.
Just throwing in what I was told. No idea if it’s accurate.

Except that people who stay on property automatically get reserved access to the land for at least one day of their stay. So staying on property guarantees you will get in at least once.

I wonder if they will stretch that out past June. I also wonder if they will re-institute it when Rise of the Resistance opens.
unfortunately not for the dates we'll be there. it stops 2 days before we arrive :( I'd love it if they stretch it out, which is why we're keeping our reservation for a little longer

This makes sense to me as the capability is there for them to implement this. Again, only seeing a few people saying it so take it how you want. I don’t like this because again it’s clever on Disney’s part. Come down for the day anyway and maybe get into our new land! If not, stay and spend some money anyway on other things. And you’ve already bought a park ticket if you aren’t a AP holder.

I’m also seeing rumours (and that’s what they are at this point) that it will just be your room key that gets you access to GE. So that leads me back to the almost clause at the bottom of the parks blog post - just because you have a ticket or vacation package or hotel access, you will not be guaranteed access. That makes me worry that it will be queue up with your hotel room key, your queue will move first before the no cost reservation line and you may get in before capacity. If not, you don’t.

They're all timed reservations though aren't they? And Disney hotel guests will be given priority meaning they will get their reservations scheduled first. Disney will probably pick the times randomly since they will be based on the guests' specific hotel dates and are limited to one per guest.

I think the process itself will be an online thing where Disney will link the reservation to your ticket or room key. They'll probably have FP-like scanners set up at the entryways for the time being deleting any form of lines within the park itself. Except I've no idea how they're going to let the non-hotel guests make their reservations without creating some form of chaos. But I do think the whole thing will be online based in a way.

They're all timed reservations though aren't they? And Disney hotel guests will be given priority meaning they will get their reservations scheduled first. Disney will probably pick the times randomly since they will be based on the guests' specific hotel dates and are limited to one per guest.

I think the process itself will be an online thing where Disney will link the reservation to your ticket or room key. They'll probably have FP-like scanners set up at the entryways for the time being deleting any form of lines within the park itself. Except I've no idea how they're going to let the non-hotel guests make their reservations without creating some form of chaos. But I do think the whole thing will be online based in a way.

I think we just have to wait and see now what the next few weeks brings. Too many rumours going around. I will wait for the official line from Disney.

Last minute ressies in for VGC June 21st so looking forward to Galaxy's Edge !! :yay: Don't know who cancelled the 1 bedroom BUT..... :thanks:
Waiting for further instructions for this surprise event !!! pixiedust:

Last minute ressies in for VGC June 21st so looking forward to Galaxy's Edge !! :yay: Don't know who cancelled the 1 bedroom BUT..... :thanks:
Waiting for further instructions for this surprise event !!! pixiedust:

@hjgaus Do you know, is there a way to link your DVC reservation to your Disneyland profile?

Would you assume that a one night stay is all that's required to get the SW:GE reservation? We are doing a last minute trip in June and want to take advantage of the reservation offer.

Would you assume that a one night stay is all that's required to get the SW:GE reservation? We are doing a last minute trip in June and want to take advantage of the reservation offer.

The way it reads, yes. Which is why several have reportedly booked split stays in hoes of getting multiple entrance days to SWGE.

@hjgaus Do you know, is there a way to link your DVC reservation to your Disneyland profile?
In the past I have been able to view my VGC reservations on the WDW website. Weird I know, but since it’s meant to link to DVC, it would show them. But, I’ve never been able to link them to the DLR website. It’s been a couple of years since I stayed there on points though, so who knows what works now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter