"Guest Family" and Opened DL!!

Itinkso

Formerly known as rteetz
On Sunday, DD and I were first in a line to enter DL. The family behind us asked to be the "guest family" and when the CM team leader came over to talk to them, he invited us to join in :earsboy: !! We got to go through the turnstile and have our picture taken in front of the flowers. Then on cue, we shouted "Let the Magic Begin" and led the countdown! It was fun and exciting and :cool1: !!! My DD was thrilled :Pinkbounc !

I just asked the question on the main board..........what time did you get to the park and who did you talk to?

DD got in line at 7:15 and there were already close to 20-30 people at other gates. Only even numbered gates opened on Sunday. The woman behind us asked a CM who was cleaning the turnstile area and she went and got the lead CM. I had never seen this happen before as we are usually farther back in line. The family behind us actually had been the "guest family" once before so she knew what to do!

I never heard of that before (mj files info at back of mind for further use)...

What a cool thing to happen!

Mary Jo - I thought I must have missed this during all of our trips to DL; maybe something new for this year? Also, I wanted you to know I enjoy reading all of your posts! - You have amazing knowledge of DL! Just went to Grad Nite last night to chaperone an autistic student. She had a wonderful time; I enjoyed watching her be so excited :goodvibes !!

We thought the countdown was fun! We were back a bit further in line...gate 20.

The band was a nice touch, too, don't you think??? I wondered why they didn't open the gates until exactly 9...did you hear why they held us? Was it due to the expected crowd size???

I quickly caught on to the Disney trick with characters...they use them for crowd control. Having worked in tourism, maybe this was more obvious to me...but on the busy days, they had the entry and mainstreet filled with characters early and late in the day...slowing down entry and encouraging exit, lol!!!

Did you get your photo taken with the Queen and the band??? I noticed a family having that done.

We were there on Sunday, May 22. The park opened at 8:00; no band on that day and no characters out in front. We did receive a free photo of us in front of the 50th flowers :daisy: :flower1: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter