"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

I`m not really sure if I`m organised, not organised or a mix of both for this trip for some unknown reason.

This much anticipated trip is hardly a surprise, but it has just all of a sudden crept up on us and lo and behold, we`re a week away and I keep having to check everything is in place, even though I know it probably is, but I worry. Many times with things I leave it to Tom, but for our trips I seem to cover it all, which I love!!!! I`m not a control freak in any way, but after 25 visits to Orlando and 5 trips to New York, I have travel plans for America sorted, so he`s happy to leave me to it.

Although.......there`s always a but!! We had a slight panic last week, well, not so much a panic as a realisation that for some unknown reason we had completely forgotten to do our Travel Insurance! That`s something we usually have done well in advance, but this time it was overlooked.

So, got on to our usual firm and their prices didn`t seem like such good value, so shopped around and found what we wanted for around half of what the other firm wanted but with the same cover and we could get all 3 of us on the one policy which just makes things easier if something happens.

After I purchased it from the different company, I was then bombarded with calls and emails from the original company who knew I had done a search.......jeez!!! 3 calls in one day asing if I was ready to purchase, after replying to them so often I had to go back into their site and block the calls....not easy to find but I was like Sherlock Holmes searching through and found the opt out button, so calls and reminder emails have now stopped.

Sorting out AP`s were next. I knew there was a price change coming, but it wouldn`t affect us this time but we still wanted them ordered and paid for.

Usually we have the Preferred, we never need the discounts for hotels and we always forget to use it for food discounts, so Tom and I went down to the Power Pass which will cover us nicely for the next two trips, and Kyle got the Seasonal pass as this is only for one trip and there are no block outs in May.

But, we have them now and they`re worth it.

As most of you know I`m a last minute packer, but we did bring the suitcases down from the attic last week. And one of my friends was here when Tom was getting them and she was completely mortified when she saw our luggage.....her face was a picture!!

i-NCfLkbD-S.gif

She is very much into designer luggage, it is very nice, so when she saw our old rattlers bounce down the attic stairs she was dutifully horrified which we found hilarious. We honestly don`t care about fancy luggage as it does get bounced around quite badly and every trip there is another slight blemish on one or all of the cases.....not much we can do about that, so these cases will do us until I get fed up with them. She is funny though and we do call her our Golden Girl as she genuinely is a mix of all the Golden Girls at times!

So, cases are down and in one of the spare rooms for now.

I know some folks pop little bits and pieces in sometimes weeks before they go, but that never works for me, as I would keep having to check, remove and redo it again, so last minute packing works best for me.

That`ll be a job next Friday evening, Kyle will be here around 7ish, we`re going to get takeout pizza, his choice, and then we`ll pack, although Kyle will already be packed.

For now, it`s just checking everything and we have still to print out our ESTA`s, which is our Electronic System for Travel Authorisation, all Brits have to fill these in unless you need a Visa to travel with, without those we can`t leave the UK. They are all on our passports of course, but one year the IO in MCO put my passport in to check it and the power went out all over the Immigration area......oh dear! It took a while and she did tell us this is why they tell us Brits to print the ESTA`s out too in case of things like this. I think he`s doing it right now actually, once they are printed we have everything in place.

I hope 😉

This last week can sometimes drag.....but......we have a lot to do next week and I have a couple of appointments to go to including my vacation hair appointment which is always nice, I do like some salon time for a few hours.

We also have several lunches to attend one of which I think we`ll have to decline as we`re just too busy.....just get togethers with friends that we do lunch with often....too often probably, but it`s always fun! Although I`m sure two or three of the ladies will innocently ask if I`m bringing anything back for folks......I know a loaded question when I hear it :rotfl:and I also know they`ll all want "just a couple of things" bringing back, they are so obvious, but wouldn`t be without them!!

Tide Pens weirdly are almost top of the list after Bath & Body products, we don`t have them over here.

This time next week we should be at our airport hotel, hopefully enjoying some champagne as we have the trip all in front of us, but now the waiting........:)

cv111-S.png

:cheer2:

Wow your trip is so soon!! I know what you mean about the trip sneaking up on you even though you know it's coming!!

I love me some nice luggage...but I never actually buy any nice luggage because like you said, they get wrecked and bounced around. Also, I believe that nice luggage is more likely to get lost lol...whether that's true or not...who knows...but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

I look forward to hearing about this trip and all the lovely food and your attempt to do all the rides :))

I have never watched a vlogger in my life for the parks. I much prefer the written word to be honest but very rarely read a lot of other forums or blogs to be honest
I’ve only caught snippets of Mr Morrow’s videos. He’s so enthusiastic & genuine, without a shred of pretense. Spare me from the 20’s somethings that know it all/those obviously doing them solely for self promotion.
Tide Pens weirdly are almost top of the list after Bath & Body products, we don`t have them over here.
That is an interesting combo I truly do not leave home without a tide pen stashed in my purse. Nice to see so many joining the “cult” lolololol.

I wonder if it’s something in the chemical formulation that prevents it from being sold in the UK?

Wow your trip is so soon!! I know what you mean about the trip sneaking up on you even though you know it's coming!!

I love me some nice luggage...but I never actually buy any nice luggage because like you said, they get wrecked and bounced around. Also, I believe that nice luggage is more likely to get lost lol...whether that's true or not...who knows...but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

I look forward to hearing about this trip and all the lovely food and your attempt to do all the rides :))

lol.....I`m usually so organised but as I said I think as we`ve been so busy it`s just suddenly appeared out of the blue!!

I agree with you actually.....years ago we did a group visit to Switzerland with 10 friends and the only luggage that went missing was a LV suitcase belonging to one of our group....no surprises ours were all there.....lol.....and they never did discover what happened to her suitcase.

Thank you, we are so looking forward to this one!! I`m ok with doing all the rides as I`ve done them all before, I just need to pick a good day to ride RRR as that one can knock you backwards when you get off, that is one I don`t ride every day we`re there, but it`ll be fun, I think we might buy the video of that ride as the three of us are there again.

I’ve only caught snippets of Mr Morrow’s videos. He’s so enthusiastic & genuine, without a shred of pretense. Spare me from the 20’s somethings that know it all/those obviously doing them solely for self promotion.

That is an interesting combo I truly do not leave home without a tide pen stashed in my purse. Nice to see so many joining the “cult” lolololol.

I wonder if it’s something in the chemical formulation that prevents it from being sold in the UK?

Oh lordy yes, I don`t think I could suffer some of them.....I`ve never heard of him though, but not something I`ve looked into. I might have a glance.

We should have a shrine to worship you Janet.......lol......thanking you every time we use them....they are incredibly popular with my groups of friends!!! I know one lunch out ages ago someone dribbled a little and three of us ladies each whipped one of them out of our handbags at the same time...... :rotfl:

I don`t know if that`s the reason, it could be as we don`t have things like Neosporin and other items we buy over there. We do have stain removers of course but nothing like the pen....I should apply for a patent to sell them over here and extend the Cult of Tide...:laughing:

Oh lordy yes, I don`t think I could suffer some of them.....I`ve never heard of him though, but not something I`ve looked into. I might have a glance.

We should have a shrine to worship you Janet.......lol......thanking you every time we use them....they are incredibly popular with my groups of friends!!! I know one lunch out ages ago someone dribbled a little and three of us ladies each whipped one of them out of our handbags at the same time...... :rotfl:

I don`t know if that`s the reason, it could be as we don`t have things like Neosporin and other items we buy over there. We do have stain removers of course but nothing like the pen....I should apply for a patent to sell them over here and extend the Cult of Tide...:laughing:
I just love the obsession with Tide pens, LOL. I bought one once and put it into a cabinet in my laundry room and never used it???!!!! If I had only known, I could have bought a lot of them and sold them at a high price in WDW or Universal :teeth: .

Oddly enough, there are many here who either never heard of them or don’t use them. They’ve saved many a favorite article of clothing for us, especially when traveling.

I’m imagining the ladies at lunch doing a quick draw with their pens lolololol

lol....that`s exactly what it was like....quick draw!

I would have thought they`d be an essential for most folks!! Such a simple but genius idea......the time we were especially grateful for it was one night in Ocean Prime. Tom was wearing a white shirt and of course......splashed! Took the stain right out and it wasn`t noticeable at all.

I have a lot of grateful women over here!!

I just love the obsession with Tide pens, LOL. I bought one once and put it into a cabinet in my laundry room and never used it???!!!! If I had only known, I could have bought a lot of them and sold them at a high price in WDW or Universal :teeth: .

lol......it`s easy done to pop something away and forget about it!

You would make a fortune if you aimed it at the Brits.......lol......

All caught up! So excited for you that you get to travel with Kyle again. We have done a few trips with our son recently and they really are special.

You will probably like the caipirinha as you like margaritas. My husband did a cachaca tasting when we were away in January and I tasted the ‘Jaguar’ caipirinha, made with passion fruit. Nope not for me.

I should have taken notes - blue cheese, completely agree 🤢; sweet to enjoy Mother’s Day twice, and glad to hear that you had Kyle sticking close this year with it coinciding with the anniversary of losing Lindsay 😢; have fun with the ride challenge; I’m a day before packer as well - we have a travel drawer (or 2) that I just open up and pick out what I need, makes life so much easier. Probably forgot other things but that’s what happens when you don’t keep up on the boards.

Less than a week to go! The week will zip by I’m sure

Margaret

All caught up! So excited for you that you get to travel with Kyle again. We have done a few trips with our son recently and they really are special.

You will probably like the caipirinha as you like margaritas. My husband did a cachaca tasting when we were away in January and I tasted the ‘Jaguar’ caipirinha, made with passion fruit. Nope not for me.

I should have taken notes - blue cheese, completely agree 🤢; sweet to enjoy Mother’s Day twice, and glad to hear that you had Kyle sticking close this year with it coinciding with the anniversary of losing Lindsay 😢; have fun with the ride challenge; I’m a day before packer as well - we have a travel drawer (or 2) that I just open up and pick out what I need, makes life so much easier. Probably forgot other things but that’s what happens when you don’t keep up on the boards.

Less than a week to go! The week will zip by I’m sure

Margaret

Good to see you Margaret!!

I`m glad you had some trips with your son, I agree it is special time with them, their lives get so busy as it should be of course, so that vacation time is to be cherished.

I`m curious now about a Jaguar caipirinha....I love passion fruit flavours in most things....I think if they have one anywhere, I`ll try it......I think I`ll force myself......lol......

Another last minute packer......we all survive don`t we!! Yes, I`m looking forward to Mother`s Day a second time....I did tell him I won`t look for another card this time around.....

It`s going to be a slightly different trip with Kyle along, so we have made a few changes to the way we usually spend our time and although unusual for us, I think it`ll work well for us.

But, good to see you when you do post when you are here and hope all are doing well with you and yours..... :wave2:

I`m curious now about a Jaguar caipirinha....I love passion fruit flavours in most things....I think if they have one anywhere, I`ll try it......I think I`ll force myself......lol......

IMG_5063.jpeg
Here’s a picture. At the Belmond Iguazu Falls Brazil.

And a few pictures of what was an amazing trip. Sorry to hijack 😊
IMG_5044.jpeg
Helicopter ride over Iguazu FallsIMG_6561.jpeg
Our first view of Antarctica
IMG_6764.jpeg
Penguins in the Falkland Islands. So surreal being there. A tiny English village plunked down off the coast of Argentina. Everything in the grocery store is delivered twice a week from England. IMG_6273.jpegAt the end of the world - Ushuaia, Argentina

Margaret your pictures are stunning, not hijacking at all, they are beautiful!!!

What a beautiful and formidable place! I don`t know anyone who has gone to the Falkland Islands.

When we fought the Falkland war in 1982, no one had heard of the place, of course after such a horrible war we all knew about it afterwards. So remote.

The falls, Antartica and the penguins are so beautiful, I`ve never even heard of Ushuaia!! But I imagine it took your breath away. What an amazing awe inspiring trip you must have had and the memories you`ve made.

And yes, the cocktail looks amazing too....I want one ::yes::

Thank you so much for posting them, they are gorgeous :wave2:

i-jZZ4QLn-X2.jpg

One of the outside areas we are most interested in is the wonderful Kennedy Space Centre.

This touches all three of us so much as we are all completely and utterly obsessed with all things Space related, so with the advent of SpaceX and their amazing advances, this visit became more than we ever hoped it would be.

From a very young age Kyle was fascinated by it all and educated himself and us in so much of it. He has had telescopes since he was younger, but as an adult he has purchased the most amazing telescopes, the most recent one we nicknamed Hubble 2 as it is rather large for private use. But he gets the most amazing images from it which are spectacular. He doesn`t use it just for stargazing but is quite an accomplished photographer of all things out there.

Keishashadow and her family also have an immense interest in the same things and I often send his pictures to them and Janet is very kind in her praise of the images we send and always encourages Kyle to publish a book of all his images. However Kyle is very humble and quite unassuming about his ability, gives a wry smile and says there are so many better images out there, which is true of course, but from a relative amateur we think they are amazing too.

So, this is a place we love visiting and it was an emotional one on our first experience of the Shuttle reveal.....I personally had no idea how it would work and it took my breath away, I don`t mind admitting I burst into tears as I wandered through and was comforted by a little lady that worked there and said not to worry it happens all the time, she had seen many grown men shed tears when they saw it for that first time. I didn`t feel so bad then. But Tom and Kyle both felt that same emotion too and I defy anyone not to feel some kind of emotion when you see such an iconic piece of history that will change our future on display.

I won`t post too many pictures of this place until we`ve gone back, and there are several new things on display we deliberately haven`t checked out too much as we like to be surprised as well as visit other things that are familiar to us there.

The picture above is also one of the more emotional sides to KSC, seeing the three astronauts pointing up to the visible moon was a little overwhelming too. We had missed it on our previous visit, but this time we were fortunate the timing of the appearance of the moon coincided with our being there. The retired astronaut we spoke to explained the positioning and seeing the moon didn`t always happen of course, so we were very grateful it worked out for us.

We plan on two days this trip, one to see the Shuttle and Saturn 5 again and some of the other things we have previously done.

i-SctcsXx-X2.jpg

i-QRBQGxT-X2.jpg

The second day we plan to do a tour of some kind and see the new parts they have built in the four years since our last visit. As of right now we haven`t checked them out, but will before we visit. I believe one of the tours we would liked to have done is not going to be available, but I think a tour of the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) is something we`d all vote for.

i-WFZrSDG-X2.jpg

After our previous visit, someone from the Dis graciously sent the KSC sections of my Trip Report to someone they knew from there and I received a lovely email thanking me for such a wonderful review of their facility. I said I would let this man know when we were visiting again and would love to say hello to this gentleman personally if he still works there of course as this was pre-pandemic. But it was very nice to read his very complimentary comments.

We haven`t chosen the days for the visits yet, you all know us......no serious planning, every day is wake up and decide what we`ll do, although I think we will decide the night before for these days. It only takes an hour or so to get there but we`ll want to be there for opening time.

These are days we are especially looking forward to.

It`s a change of pace from the parks for sure and a completely different experience and I`d encourage anyone to visit whether you`ve visited before and haven`t been for a while or first timers, it`s an incredibly fascinating place with both educational and fun things to do, but for me it`s incredibly poignant and a touching place to visit for glimpses of our past, present and future.

What`s not to love!!

i-XrBFWqr-X2.jpg

Margaret your pictures are stunning, not hijacking at all, they are beautiful!!!

What a beautiful and formidable place! I don`t know anyone who has gone to the Falkland Islands.

When we fought the Falkland war in 1982, no one had heard of the place, of course after such a horrible war we all knew about it afterwards. So remote.

The falls, Antartica and the penguins are so beautiful, I`ve never even heard of Ushuaia!! But I imagine it took your breath away. What an amazing awe inspiring trip you must have had and the memories you`ve made.

And yes, the cocktail looks amazing too....I want one ::yes::

Thank you so much for posting them, they are gorgeous :wave2:
Thanks Carol. It definitely was an amazing trip!

Thanks Carol. It definitely was an amazing trip!

It truly looks an amazing place and a once in a lifetime experience. I mentioned to one of my cousins you had posted these pictures, her dad had been in the Navy during the Falklands war, and he always said he`d go back to visit as a tourist one day as despite the horrible circumstances, they could all see what a beautiful part of the world it really was.

Sadly he never made it back.

Carol - my husband did the fly with an astronaut experience and loved it. The chat with an astronaut also get good reviews.

That does sound fabulous, flying with an astronaut!!

I completely agree, chatting with the astronauts is incredibly interesting and everyone who has spoken with them all loved the experience. It`s an amazing place.

Last edited:
Oh, getting excited for you. I remember how much you all love outer space👽. I don't even think much about it anymore, don't think I even noticed the last launch from Spaceport or the missile range. Apparently Virgin Galactic had a ship doing some training yesterday, getting ready for commercial flights. Even though I don't pay attention now the mission training and the emergency landing of the shuttle Columbia was exciting. Think I may have mentioned a time back we have several astronauts from here. One was US Senator, very interesting man to speak with. The one place I want to go back and visit is the VLA, a fascinating place. It's crazy, a vast mountain desert with what seems like hundreds of humongous satellite dishes. Plus, if you all are into movies about space the setting for the movie Contact was at the VLA. I'm not a science fiction fan but Jody Foster and the rest of that cast was so good. Something for Kyle if he's interested.

My sister got back from Florida last night, so many delays that she got in almost 3 hours late. Plus with the rain (she got caught in a rainstorm that even her umbrella didn't save her from), being a work/vacation trip it wasn't the best. Hope you all have a wonderful time and the rain is gone for now...so exciting.

Oh, getting excited for you. I remember how much you all love outer space👽. I don't even think much about it anymore, don't think I even noticed the last launch from Spaceport or the missile range. Apparently Virgin Galactic had a ship doing some training yesterday, getting ready for commercial flights. Even though I don't pay attention now the mission training and the emergency landing of the shuttle Columbia was exciting. Think I may have mentioned a time back we have several astronauts from here. One was US Senator, very interesting man to speak with. The one place I want to go back and visit is the VLA, a fascinating place. It's crazy, a vast mountain desert with what seems like hundreds of humongous satellite dishes. Plus, if you all are into movies about space the setting for the movie Contact was at the VLA. I'm not a science fiction fan but Jody Foster and the rest of that cast was so good. Something for Kyle if he's interested.

My sister got back from Florida last night, so many delays that she got in almost 3 hours late. Plus with the rain (she got caught in a rainstorm that even her umbrella didn't save her from), being a work/vacation trip it wasn't the best. Hope you all have a wonderful time and the rain is gone for now...so exciting.

I hope your sister managed to have a good time despite the trip being partly work and yes, I heard about the storms!!

We follow everything space related......some think it`s dull, but we love it.

Yes, I did remember you mentioned the astronauts, now that would be exciting. I Googled the VLA.....wow!!!! What a place, I didn`t want to mention it to Kyle or he`ll be off planning a trip to see it, but he already knew about it. I never watched that film Contact so hadn`t seen that, weirdly I don`t watch space movies at all....lol.....documentaries, yes, movies about space, never as they usually involve some kind of disaster!!

We have a place in the UK called Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station, it`s quite a wonderful place to see and we visited it many times when Kyle was younger, it was like his playground for many years, but not quite as impressive as the VLA. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter