"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

Oh you have no idea! Leave it to my family to make things complicated! And with how busy I am I had to put a “don’t talk to me about anything until this date” rule in effect!

Sounds like a good idea to be left alone till you`re more able to concentrate.

Are the plans all down to you or can you share the planning a little?

I had to laugh about the packing. We always took road trips when I was young. Mom would pack everything we owned so she didn't have to do laundry as we took long trips. Dad once made the mistake of asking if he should just back the station wagon up to the house and try to haul it with us. She then made him get a luggage carrier for the roof, even suggested renting a U-Haul trailer. He compromised and told her HE would do the laundry on the trips. :tongue: I still overpack. 1 large suitcase, 1 carry on and a backpack for 5 days in Vegas. My sister said I wouldn't wear a third of what I brought and wondered why I was bringing 'fancy' clothes that I wouldn't wear. Well, I changed 3 times a day and wore ALL of my fancy clothes just to get the upper hand , over my little sister just ONE time in my life.:rolleyes::rotfl2:

It is a ridiculous challenge, I would say that of course.......but, they`ve said I should take half the clothes I usually take and only take 3 dresses!
Just say no:faint: Seriously, where’s the fun in that? if anything I’d make like a Brazilian guest, buy a suitcase and fill it up with new clothing for the trip home::yes::

glad to see you were able to remember your friend on that sad anniversary date. Wishes every year will be a bit easier. It’s a real testament that you speak so highly of her.

that Mother’s Day buffet looks absolutely amazing. can’t beliege I’ve missed it so many times. Any idea if they have other special buffets throughout the year that compare to it?

ps i love blue cheese dressing with my chicken wings, please don’t kick me out of the club;)

I had to laugh about the packing. We always took road trips when I was young. Mom would pack everything we owned so she didn't have to do laundry as we took long trips. Dad once made the mistake of asking if he should just back the station wagon up to the house and try to haul it with us. She then made him get a luggage carrier for the roof, even suggested renting a U-Haul trailer. He compromised and told her HE would do the laundry on the trips. :tongue: I still overpack. 1 large suitcase, 1 carry on and a backpack for 5 days in Vegas. My sister said I wouldn't wear a third of what I brought and wondered why I was bringing 'fancy' clothes that I wouldn't wear. Well, I changed 3 times a day and wore ALL of my fancy clothes just to get the upper hand , over my little sister just ONE time in my life.:rolleyes::rotfl2:

:rotfl:

I would do that too to prove a point.......lol......must be something in our nature!!!

I just think I`d prefer to have something and not wear it, than to wish I had something I hadn`t brought with me!!

Thinking of your mum wondering if they could get a U-Haul trailer is funny, but.....would be very useful......lol.....

Just say no:faint: Seriously, where’s the fun in that? if anything I’d make like a Brazilian guest, buy a suitcase and fill it up with new clothing for the trip home::yes::

glad to see you were able to remember your friend on that sad anniversary date. Wishes every year will be a bit easier. It’s a real testament that you speak so highly of her.

that Mother’s Day buffet looks absolutely amazing. can’t beliege I’ve missed it so many times. Any idea if they have other special buffets throughout the year that compare to it?

ps i love blue cheese dressing with my chicken wings, please don’t kick me out of the club;)

I`ll tell Tom....Janet said.......lol.....

I did say I`d try to cut back on clothes though..........:rolleyes1

Thank you :hug:

They have a Thanksgiving Buffet with similar food and it was just amazing too. I think we`ll be there in November for that one too, we`ll definitely book for that too. They really are excellent and well worth a visit.

Oh you are still in the club 😁..........lol......funny thing is we used to love the blue cheese dressing Jake`s and the Club Lounge used to make years ago, it was beautiful, but they changed it.....such a shame.

maxresdefault.jpg

:cheer2:

Sounds like a good idea to be left alone till you`re more able to concentrate.

Are the plans all down to you or can you share the planning a little?
I can share a little.

Big anniversary trip this fall for my parents who honeymooned in WDW and Orlando.

Land and sea Disney trip. Sadly no UOR or any other attractions, but we are very excited. Working out some final details with who is coming and for what!

And after tomorrow when 2 of my 3 scheduled shows are done, I can start planning some more!

Next year we are hoping to finally get to London (postponed from 2020 and other reasons)!

I can share a little.

Big anniversary trip this fall for my parents who honeymooned in WDW and Orlando.

Land and sea Disney trip. Sadly no UOR or any other attractions, but we are very excited. Working out some final details with who is coming and for what!

And after tomorrow when 2 of my 3 scheduled shows are done, I can start planning some more!

Next year we are hoping to finally get to London (postponed from 2020 and other reasons)!

Oh I didn`t mean to pry, I meant could you not share the planning with others! Sorry for the confusion!

But, sounds a lovely trip for your parents anniversary.

London is amazing, I do hope you get to visit, it`s a lovely city.

Oh you are still in the club 😁..........lol......funny thing is we used to love the blue cheese dressing Jake`s and the Club Lounge used to make years ago, it was beautiful, but they changed it.....such a shame.
:banana:
know I’ve had jakes in the past with wing orders, nothing jogging my memory tho one way or the other. Could be the smaller amount from just dabbing the wings, or my taste buds were dulled from the hot sauce I sprinkle on them :)

i often will ‘cut’ commercial blue cheese dressing with ranch at home. Same as I do with Caesar. Wonder if they may add artificial flavors to give it an off taste:scratchin. Do enjoy it at a good steak house where it’s more of crumble the blue cheese to preference over the mild dressing.

@disneyseniors

Ruth, black pudding is also called Blood pudding......not to everyone`s taste. I`m not overy fond of it, but will eat a little now and again and only from Stornoway which is up in the Outer Hebrides. Mostly breakfast food, but makes a lovely appetiser usually served with scallops....very Scottish dish. But the stuff the Potter restaurants served was gross and again annoying as folks think that is what it is, when it`s so much better.

This was taken from the page of where we order our black pudding from up in Scotland.

Not for vegans 😁

Ingredients: Beef Suet, Vegetable Fat, OATMEAL (GLUTEN), Pork Blood, Onions, Salt, Spices.

Yep, it has pork blood......lol......

black-pudding03_3c198d44-8754-42c5-9948-56ebb4aac649_grande.jpg

Then there`s Haggis.......that`s a whole other wee beastie.......:rotfl:

Breakfast.jpg

:banana:
know I’ve had jakes in the past with wing orders, nothing jogging my memory tho one way or the other. Could be the smaller amount from just dabbing the wings, or my taste buds were dulled from the hot sauce I sprinkle on them :)

i often will ‘cut’ commercial blue cheese dressing with ranch at home. Same as I do with Caesar. Wonder if they may add artificial flavors to give it an off taste:scratchin. Do enjoy it at a good steak house where it’s more of crumble the blue cheese to preference over the mild dressing.

Now hot sauce.......I adore that!!!! I do like it a little sweet too but it`s got to be hot or I`m disappointed!

I`m not a fan of ranch dressing either, but anything with blue cheese and I`m out usually......I remember once ordering a steak and not reading the description properly, yep, it arrived with a blue cheese "enhancements".....I apologised and said it was my fault but couldn`t eat it. Usually Tom would swap with me, but he can`t abide it either!! The restaurant were very good and swapped it for one without the cheese.

Give me a good old honey mustard dressing anytime ::yes::

@disneyseniors

Ruth, black pudding is also called Blood pudding......not to everyone`s taste. I`m not overy fond of it, but will eat a little now and again and only from Stornoway which is up in the Outer Hebrides. Mostly breakfast food, but makes a lovely appetiser usually served with scallops....very Scottish dish. But the stuff the Potter restaurants served was gross and again annoying as folks think that is what it is, when it`s so much better.

This was taken from the page of where we order our black pudding from up in Scotland.

Not for vegans 😁

Ingredients: Beef Suet, Vegetable Fat, OATMEAL (GLUTEN), Pork Blood, Onions, Salt, Spices.

Breakfast.jpg
Well, count me out of both of them, LOL. I've just always wondered what black pudding was.
Now I wish I hadn't asked:crazy2:,but I love baked beans which I know you hate!
Thanks, I think?, for the photos!

The weathers looking better down south, so maybe we will be able to get out of here soon:)

Well, count me out of both of them, LOL. I've just always wondered what black pudding was.
Now I wish I hadn't asked:crazy2:,but I love baked beans which I know you hate!
Thanks, I think?, for the photos!

The weathers looking better down south, so maybe we will be able to get out of here soon:)

lol.....yep, I loathe beans of any kind and baked beans are the worst! Black pudding is not as bad as it sounds, but it`s not for everyone. A little like Grits I suppose......some love it, some don`t.......lol.......

Oh I do hope so with the weather, you have earned that break for sure.

loathe beans of any kind and baked beans are the worst!
You just haven’t had them prepared properly :teeth: Mine turn into a thick glazed sort of heaven after hours in oven. I cannot eat the sort I see served that looks like beans floating in watered down catsup. Always surprised to see it on breakfast buffets, told its an English favored item in the am.

You just haven’t had them prepared properly :teeth: Mine turn into a thick glazed sort of heaven after hours in oven. I cannot eat the sort I see served that looks like beans floating in watered down catsup. Always surprised to see it on breakfast buffets, told its an English favored item in the am.

Yes, rather disgustingly they are on every English Breakfast or buffet in hotels. It`s the first thing we make sure is not going to be on our plate when we order our food. Scottish cooked breakfast don`t usually offer them except in large chain hotels.

Now, I have to say, thick glazed sounds good for a doughnut ::yes:: but for beans.........that doesn`t sound good to me.....:rotfl:.

I`m just not a bean person, I think Tom would love what you described though, he will very occasionally say he fancies some on toast (yuk) but he`d have to go and buy them as we don`t have them in the house....ever!! 😁

Oh I didn`t mean to pry, I meant could you not share the planning with others! Sorry for the confusion!

But, sounds a lovely trip for your parents anniversary.

London is amazing, I do hope you get to visit, it`s a lovely city.
You are totally good Carole!

We are very excited.

and fingers, toes, arms, legs everything crossed for London!

@disneyseniors

Not for vegans 😁

Breakfast.jpg
my dad loves blood pudding. The one pub in town that served it closed!

I think this trip is going to be very different for us, in a good way of course, I don`t think we`ll spend anywhere near the amount of time in the hotel the way we usually do which could be a good idea too.

So Kyle has decided this trip, he wants to do three things, one of those is to drive as he has never driven in the States, so this trip he is on the insurance and I think he`ll enjoy it too as we do love driving there. All our cars are automatic and have been for more than 20 years although we all passed our driving tests in manuals so we can drive both in the UK. If you pass in an automatic over here you can only drive an automatic so we made sure Kyle passed his test in a manual. Some folks here think auto drivers are lazy drivers, but meh......we like our autos.

And he loves driving so we think this will be fun for him to do. Maybe not on the first night but he`ll definitely be keen to have a go.

He still has to decide his 3rd thing, but his second "thing to do" this time is to go on every ride in the parks. Every ride.

When it`s just the two of us, we meander round the parks and sometimes we might not even bother doing rides every time, we do enjoy just wandering and smelling the roses so to speak, so while we do have our favourite rides they`re not essential for us to do each day as we have done them a thousand times already or will do them another day, it`s a luxury with time, but this trip is very park focussed.

The parks are very much our happy place along with the hotels of course, we cannot speak highly enough of them and the TM who work there, it is just a complete joy to be in them whatever we end up doing in them. We see something different in both parks every visit which is always lovely and sometimes we do wonder how on earth we missed something so obvious!!

Usually we miss out the same old rides but, just to be clear....I asked Kyle......do you mean we ALL have to ride every ride in the parks???

i-2BxWbrj-Th.gif

Er, well.....ok then. My next comment was, are you sure you mean every ride, he knew the rides I was thinking of in my head.......I then got an eye roll with a cheeky grin. Our boy wasn`t kidding.

So, I went into thinking mode and my mind worked it`s way around each park and several rides do stick out more than others for various reasons.

I can`t do spinny rides. Pure and simple. I can do Spider-Man easily, at the spinny parts I focus my eyes either on the ride vehicle, or the head in front of me if it doesn`t move around too much, the old ice skater/ballerina trick of using your eyes focussing on one spot as you turn and it works for me. Some folks can close their eyes to avoid dizziness, it doesn`t work for me.

So, starting in IOA.

Storm Force Accelatron.

It sits just beyond The Incredible Hulk ride, almost tucked away as several folks has claimed they had no idea there was such a ride in the Universal Parks. But, it`s there and seems to be reasonably popular.

i-4MwBfkD-X2.jpg

We have never been on this ride in all our years of visiting...not once.

We did go on the Teacups in MK back in 2007 and I just about made it through, but never again......Kyle and Tom weren`t exactly sad about not doing the teacups again as they were also there for the bigger rides, but it ticks a box!

This one is just a ride that has never appealed to any of us, we notice it on the way into The Hulk and that`s about it, I don`t even remember being as close as we were to take the above picture.

Whether I make it on this one or not, remains to be seen!! But I do get a pass on this one apparently as Kyle doesn`t want to see his mum dizzy or unwell. But, I only get one pass to miss a ride.......he is brutal!!!!

Poseidon`s Adventure.

This is quite a popular walk through experience, it`s not a ride in the traditional sense, but it`s been many years since we last did this one. When I say years, I mean years, maybe around 2008 was the last time, although Kyle thinks we did it in 2007 and decided not to bother again after that.

But, whichever year it was, it was a long time ago!

It has been given a refresh in the last year but the actual experience is still the same and to be fair, the only thing I really remember is the water vortex as to be honest, we were completely bored by the whole thing.

The exterior is stunning and this would make a great building to do something else a little more spectacular. There has been rumours for several years it was going to be changed to something Potter related which would be a shame to be honest as there is enough of that in the parks. We do love all things Wizarding World, it is amazing, but we still love all the other unique areas of the park and don`t want to lose them or have them integrated into Potter.

i-k2q5NV8-X2.jpg

i-G3zrjh4-X2.jpg

So, we are going to do this one and we really want to be pleasantly surprised and enjoy it after such a long break. It should feel brand new to be honest as we don`t have any real memories of the experience.

Flight of the Hippogriff.

i-FPtZ4dZ-XL.jpg

This is a good little ride.....but boy can it be a little rough at times considering it`s a kiddie ride basically, but it`s one we rarely ride in comparison to others.

It`s right beside Forbidden Journey, so we usually come off of that one and head into Hippogriff, it`s so handy they are close by.

i-vtzkKWr-X2.jpg

It always surprises me how long the EP line get on this little ride, and I think that`s one of the reasons we don`t do it every visit....if the line is long.......nah, we`ll pass.

The seats are a little neat, so if you`re like me and have an ample butt, it can be tight for two folks....so Tom usually sits on his own and Kyle and I sit together, he is a skinny minny so doesn`t take up much room, you can fit two people, but it might be tight.

It does build up a little speed and it goes a little high at the beginning, but it is a cutie of a ride. Not one I`d wait for any length of time, but then we are terrible for not waiting for any ride, so it`s not unique to this one.

It hasn`t changed at all since it was The Flying Unicorn before Wizarding World was born and to be honest before it changed I think we rode it once, but we have gone on it more since it changed.

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

i-xv3wtcg-X2.jpg

I struggled to find a picture of this little ride as we just never wander into it.

In all our years visiting, none of us can remember if we have ever ridden this one....I thought we had, Tom says we haven`t and Kyle didn`t even recognise the ride.....so I`m thinking we haven`t done this one at all......maybe in my own lunchtime :scratchin but we`ll give it a bash.

The one we are looking forward to Kyle enjoying for the first time is of course The Velocicoaster!!!

Tom and I watched the foundations being dug out and laid when it was first planned, then with the US Border being closed to us for almost 2 years I watched the rest of the work being carried out online with immense interest.....Tom wanted to be surprised and wouldn`t see any of the progress along the way, so I burst with excitement alone!!

Kyle also didn`t want to know about the ride and how many turns and loops it had, so I had to keep quiet on that front too.....not easy!!!

When it was built and we returned, we showed Kyle the view from our room in RP as we always do with the ipad and the first thing he said was...what the heck is that over there with a huge grin on his face.......it was the Top Hat of VC.....

So he has been so keen to get on it......this will be a very positive first for him.....we can`t wait for him to see it for real and get on it, this is the type of coaster he loves and we know he will love it.

i-jzt3hzp-X2.jpg

i-9gHhBFx-X2.jpg

i-fTnS5KR-X2.jpg

i-6bKp7V9-XL.jpg

i-GLMsWhZ-X2.jpg

I started this post this afternoon, over 7 hours ago.....but, it`s been one of those days, in a very good way though!!!

Will ponder over the Studios on another post........:goodvibes

Tom has just wandered through to the kitchen saying it`s time for a cocktail........gin fizz for me I think........🍸

1501159539-giphy-80.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter