"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

It was so much fun to meet up with you, Carole! You and Tom are so genial, and we have to remember to stop talking to look at the menu 😂

We made the mistake of trying Mythos again a few years ago. Nope, we will not be back for a long time. It was a disappointment for sure. 😔

We tried CG on your recommendation, and now we wouldn’t miss it. We enjoy the menu, the atmosphere, and the very nice break in a hot day 🥰 Looking at those lettuce wraps, I may give them a try. Mr Worfie has been making them at home with steak and a dab of guacamole, and I can forget they’re even healthy 😂

Have you had any of the CG desserts? I confess we’ve never tried those…🍰

Sadly, both missed to the point where we struggle to find something to satisfy us both there. Are appetizer wings still on the menu?

The menu has changed so much over the years, I wish they’d bring back those options.

I had never been to Confisco before until I was down a couple of weeks ago and had a great meal there. It will definitely be a place we do on future trips!!

Glad you enjoyed it……

Yes, I had them a few weeks ago. They were wonderful!!!

Good to know….thanks!

It was so much fun to meet up with you, Carole! You and Tom are so genial, and we have to remember to stop talking to look at the menu 😂

We made the mistake of trying Mythos again a few years ago. Nope, we will not be back for a long time. It was a disappointment for sure. 😔

We tried CG on your recommendation, and now we wouldn’t miss it. We enjoy the menu, the atmosphere, and the very nice break in a hot day 🥰 Looking at those lettuce wraps, I may give them a try. Mr Worfie has been making them at home with steak and a dab of guacamole, and I can forget they’re even healthy 😂

Have you had any of the CG desserts? I confess we’ve never tried those…🍰

We developed a lovely friendship and meeting up was a lot of fun. Yes, that poor server who had to keep coming back as we hadn‘t studied the menu yet!
Mythos for us is completely overrated and I’m not sure why. Like the sound of steak and guacamole, all good for you! Yes, Confisco is much better.

We have had their desserts many years ago, they used to have full size desserts which were nice, but now they‘re all miniature so we haven’t had them for a long time.

We did get a birthday cookie in September which was nice.

We made the mistake of trying Mythos again a few years ago. Nope, we will not be back for a long time. It was a disappointment for sure
every time we walk past Mythos, I think of how it used to be the perennial winner of the theme park best restaurant award. :sad2:

Not to be confused with their most recent version of pork, encrusted in blueberries & blue cheese (ugh), they had a remarkable dish chop topped with blueberry sauce + Served with Mac & cheese (of which I rarely eat other than my own) = :cloud9:

after it disappeared, muddled thru with the risotto of the day. Don’t care for the scallop version, guessing it’s prepared in large batches now as not the proper texture. At this point down to their burger. it’s decent, not special & not worth $20.

every time we walk past Mythos, I think of how it used to be the perennial winner of the theme park best restaurant award. :sad2:

Not to be confused with their most recent version of pork, encrusted in blueberries & blue cheese (ugh), they had a remarkable dish chop topped with blueberry sauce + Served with Mac & cheese (of which I rarely eat other than my own) = :cloud9:

after it disappeared, muddled thru with the risotto of the day. Don’t care for the scallop version, guessing it’s prepared in large batches now as not the proper texture. At this point down to their burger. it’s decent, not special & not worth $20.

I do think it used to be much better than it is now, and I`ve heard from many that have been visiting for many years say the same thing.

I hate blue cheese so never tried the first dish, but I wish I`d had the pork chop with the sauce, I just never ordered it, but I have heard from so many it was gorgeous! None of us like risotto so never ordered it but I could believe it is batch cooked from what I`ve read. I think their burger was always decent, but there are so many better elsewhere.....

My real gripe is I could barely taste any alcohol in the cocktail I got last time.......cardinal sin in my eyes...... :rotfl:

One thing I can absolutely recommend over anything food wise, is the Mother`s Day buffet at Amatista in the beautiful Sapphire Falls. RPR offers this almost identical buffet too and is equally as good, we just prefer the open feel of Amatista, it is so light, bright and airy whereas Islands restaurant is a little darker, but food will still be the same high standard of course.

I`m very lucky as we`ve just celebrated our UK Mothers day yesterday which was lovely, we had Kyle and some friends over and we made up Charcuterie for everyone, but most importantly I got to spend it with Kyle and he stuck to me like glue yesterday as he knew I was a little sad.

Yesterday would have been Lindsey`s 24th birthday, so of course that was on our mind, but we made the most of the day and I did get lots of hugs which was nice.

But, with us being there for the US Mother`s Day, well we just have to celebrate twice!!! Although I did tell him I don`t expect a second card and gifts......I`m good like that.....:rolleyes1

We`ve done the Mother`s Day meal twice now, but Kyle has never been with us, and I think he will love this one....although he`s not the biggest seafood fan so I think he`ll avoid the oysters and mussels!

The menu for the buffets are always so wonderful and I write everything down as well as having pictures of the food itself....weirdly, someone sent me a pm asking if I take notes when we`re on trips, well I certainly do. Usually at night or when we`re chilling for a couple of hours I write rough notes but I do remember most things well, especially seeing the pictures as that brings back any memories I may have forgotten.

Staying for a much longer time, I have plenty of time to take some notes and it certainly doesn`t impact on our trip as it genuinely doesn`t take long. And it helps with names along the way of staff and TM I want to recognise, if we were there for a day or so it wouldn`t matter so much, but yes, although I do have a very good memory, I still do take notes.

Last year we were joined by the lovely Fernando and his lovely wife too, their son was unable to make it that day as he`s usually there with them, he is a very nice young man too....but it was wonderful and we had a lot of fun.

i-MbPFTTS-X2.jpg

They really do have a lovely selection of food on offer and the chefs are all excellent at chatting to you about the type of food and if you have any allergies for example and we loved everything that was supposed to be hot, stayed hot....we hate lukewarm food!

Medium rare churrasco steak with chimichurri sauce, roast salmon, coffee roasted pork and duck in a cherry sauce were some of the meat and fish offerings last year and we tried them all except the salmon and they were all lovely.

There are plenty of veg and other side dishes available too.

i-HtFBZm8-X2.jpg

i-RRDpMQn-XL.jpg

i-wP79gjN-X2.jpg

i-QqmqLjr-XL.jpg

One of our favourite sections is the seafood part......oh lordy...shrimp, crab, oysters, smoked salmon and mussels.....if I could only eat something for the rest of my life it would be those.....and maybe an Aberdeen Angus steak here and there.......I`m not fussy...... :duck:

i-RQJmvk5-XL.jpg

i-7FdWdmC-XL.jpg

i-CzQFzpn-XL.jpg

And of course a kind of charcuterie board which was nice.....I was so glad the blue cheese was stuck at the back.....I hate the stuff, even the smell, so we don`t touch that, but the other stuff was very nice and everything of offer is so fresh and is replenished regularly.

i-84jMJSn-XL.jpg

i-ggCq8mH-XL.jpg

And then of course desserts are something special.

They do have large full size cakes you can cut, but many of them are little individual ones which is ideal to pick a choose a selection you like and can go back for more of the ones you like.

i-qg4Jv4G-XL.jpg

i-VVKVVRN-XL.jpg

i-JsNLPHH-XL.jpg

i-hpnhzQf-XL.jpg

i-3444dRv-XL.jpg

Even for someone like me who is not the biggest dessert fan, they really did have a wonderful selection to choose from and so many choices. I discovered I don`t like pumpkin pie but I did like a little milk dessert with blueberries that I thought I was going to dislike.

Reservations are definitely recommended here on these days, it does get busy and although there were some empty tables, we did get our table booked for an earlier time than we`d usually eat, I think Fernando booked it for 1.30pm so it did pick up later we were told.

I think a glass of fizz was included with the buffet, I`m not sure about that as we ordered fizz for us, but I`m sure it was, it really is a lovely experience. Back in 2019 they had characters roaming around, but in 2022 it wasn`t a thing at all, we quite like characters roaming around so maybe one day they`ll come back.....

This is a definite meal for us this year and one of the few reservations we will actually make.

And very much looking forward to it. :love:

I know this Mother's Day was challenging for you, thinking of Lindsey. I'm so glad Kyle and his friends were around to bring cheer for you!

The Amatista buffet does look delicious! A second celebration in the US will be a lovely addition, and I'm sure Kyle will be smiling as long as there is chocolate cake. 🤣

I like bleu cheese in limited amounts. I enjoy dipping my wings in bleu cheese dressing :D

finally a fellow bleu cheese hater!

Isn`t it just the most awful stuff......

The only time Tom and I enjoyed it was when Jakes used to make a blue cheese dip and it was used in the Club Lounge too, it was so lovely, but couldn`t have been a very strong cheese as it was so mild.

Any other time......no, just no.

Make it three :crazy2:

:welcome: along DoryGirl.......it`s so good to see you post!!

And yes, another blue cheese hater is welcome.......lol.....everyone seems to love it. I have a couple of friends that can eat it by the pound and most of us sit and grimace at them!

But, glad to see you and glad you`re along for this one too......:wave2:

We ate lunch at Confisco Grille 3 times on our 2017 trip. We can never remember what it's called. We refer to it as "that place at Port of Entry we like" :laughing:

For some reason my wife is in love with Mythos. I'm more with you. I refer to it as "average" table service food.

That buffet looks amazing!

I know this Mother's Day was challenging for you, thinking of Lindsey. I'm so glad Kyle and his friends were around to bring cheer for you!

The Amatista buffet does look delicious! A second celebration in the US will be a lovely addition, and I'm sure Kyle will be smiling as long as there is chocolate cake. 🤣

I like bleu cheese in limited amounts. I enjoy dipping my wings in bleu cheese dressing :D

Thanks Maria, as I said to you, I can`t imagine how her parents and all who loved her managed to get through her birthday yesterday. Having friends and Kyle around was lovely and certainly distracted my mind.

Oh I think Kyle will seek out anything chocolate straight away!!

I remember trying a different blue cheese dip after trying Jake`s thinking we`d like it......big mistake.....it`s just not for us......give me a good Brie anyday.

We ate lunch at Confisco Grille 3 times on our 2017 trip. We can never remember what it's called. We refer to it as "that place at Port of Entry we like" :laughing:

For some reason my wife is in love with Mythos. I'm more with you. I refer to it as "average" table service food.

That buffet looks amazing!

lol.....if it gets you there, call it anything!! I know someone who calls it "the place that`s not Mythos".......that works too!

Mythos is very average to us, I`m always tempted to try it again, but so many folks then tell us what a horrible meal or service they had and we think....nah, we won`t bother. It`s a shame it`s so rubbish as it looks amazing. but, so many have good experiences there which is always good to hear.

Their buffets are wonderful, we`ve also enjoyed their Thanksgiving buffet and it was equally as good.

We ate at Mythos this past December.

The food was "ok". Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either. I will say our server was excellent. He was very professional and gave off the vibe of someone who should be working in a more upscale restaurant.

We ate at Mythos this past December.

The food was "ok". Nothing to rave about, but nothing to complain about either. I will say our server was excellent. He was very professional and gave off the vibe of someone who should be working in a more upscale restaurant.

That’s good to hear you got good service there even if the food didn’t thrill you too much.

I’m so tempted to try it again, but……..knowing us we’ll get there and decide to go somewhere else…..just in case!

I do like the sound of the lamb dish though! Tempted.

Thanks Maria, as I said to you, I can`t imagine how her parents and all who loved her managed to get through her birthday yesterday. Having friends and Kyle around was lovely and certainly distracted my mind.

Oh I think Kyle will seek out anything chocolate straight away!!

I remember trying a different blue cheese dip after trying Jake`s thinking we`d like it......big mistake.....it`s just not for us......give me a good Brie anyday.
I would never turn down a good Brie! I love to wrap it in pastry and serve it around the holidays with apples and crackers. It is always a big hit!

I would never turn down a good Brie! I love to wrap it in pastry and serve it around the holidays with apples and crackers. It is always a big hit!

I do like it served that way too!

A really unhealthy but lovely way to serve it as a nice appetiser or snack is to coat in in some kind of seasoned breadcrumb and into triangles then deep fry it, but we cheat a little and bake it very quickly then serve the triangles with a spiced cranberry dip....lordy that is good with either bread or some kind of cracker! Yep, everyone loves it!!!

Now I want some Brie.......::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter