"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

In some ways I feel like we are living parallel lives to you and Tom. We are about the same age and both have an only son about the same age. The boys seem like they have similar personalities as well.

Our son Brandon is 27 and has a great career in software development and support. He's working for a great company that absolutely loves him. He's moving up through the ranks quite quickly.

He came with us this December in what will probably be the last time just the 3 of us as well. He's now moving in with is girlfriend and they will have their own life to lead.

We pretty much built the entire trip around his wants as it will be a while before he comes back to Orlando. We had a great time. A lot faster pace than when its just the two of us. He got me to ride things I wouldn't normally ride such as Velocicoaster. Might be my last chance to ride with him so I didn't want to miss out.

Of all the time we have spent in Orlando we had never been to Margaritaville. He wanted to eat there so we did. We really enjoyed it. The food exceeded my expectations, drinks were great, and our waiter was fantastic. We will definately return there next trip. We didn't get the nachos, but watched a family at the next table destroy that humongous mountain that you get. :laughing:

Anyway it was a great trip and a little emotional at times. Our little boy is all grown up! 😥

I hear you.

To see them grow, thrive and set out on their own is something special and a joy to see, but yes, they`ll always still be our babies and like you we feel so lucky to be able to spend our trips with them.

Glad to hear your son is doing so well, sounds like he`s making a great success with his life and glad he`s with a company that appreciates him!! It`s so heartwarming to see them settled and happy within their workplace too.

Yes, we seem to have similar lives and like you with Brandon, this trip is mainly about him and what he wants to do as I doubt he`ll be back with us on his own vacationing with his parents, so yes, we`ll make the most of it while we can. Although I think my poor feet will complain as we`ll spend more time in the parks than usual!!!! So I can empathise with you wanting to ride as much with him as you can.

Glad you enjoyed Margaritaville!! So many tell me they didn`t like it and that`s such a shame, I hate to hear folks don`t enjoy a meal when they go anywhere. I think the nachos is smaller than it used to be, but yes it is still a huge portion!!! I have a picture from 2007/8 and one from a few years ago and it`s definitely shrunk!!

But, I`m glad to hear your trip was such a success with your son......it`s so special to be able to do it and spend that precious time with them....... ❤️

Yes, I think for the most part we`ll wing it, there will be a lot of park time, more than we usually do so that`ll be a case of waking up and deciding which park.....but we do need to plan which days we want to visit KSC and we have some local friends to fit in for meets too.

I love crabcakes too!! Good ones though that are basically all crab and no filler, we have some local crab that is gorgeous but I rarely use it for crabcakes as we like it just to eat on it`s own. But, any seafood, you name it we love it......although Tom rather hilariously turns his nose up at oysters, and I love them!!!

Driving is something we love, but I agree around the Orlando area it`s not much fun, but once you get away from that it`s usually much better. I think it`s the open driving we enjoy so much, no roundabouts and no tight winding country lanes!!!! We do have motorways of course, but there`s just something about driving in America.

Yes, that is an excellent price for our rental, even if it doesn`t come down, we`ll be happy with that. It`s much better than the prices since we`ve been back after covid, one price we were quoted was $4,000!! Er, no not even I would pay that. That`s just slightly less than our flights!!

I think we are having your weather but in miniature....lol......snow has to hit us Thursday and Friday........just as I look outside it`s started snowing now. We had a little overnight but not much. I hope yours is not as bad as predicted and of course I hope you manage to get to Tennessee, I know how much you want to get to visit them and yes, you must be so ready to get away from that weather for a while!!

Will catch up soon......:)
Yes, Carole, I like good crabcakes too. but only if they are fresh. The ones I ate at seaside were fantastic and not much filler at all. It seems everywhere else around here uses a lot of filler, and not fresh crab meat.

Thank YOu So Much!!! for explaining the driving thing in Orlando. That makes so much sense. :)
To us, the traffic around Florida is awful, but we live in a very rural area without much traffic. We live in a tourist area where the ll,800 lakes (not 10,000 lakes like advertised) are located. It's kept pretty much natural with no polluting industry, just lumber and tourism mostly.

About the car rental costs? My daughter rented a car last winter in the St. Pete area for 4 days only. However, they did this on a whim and also a holiday so they were lucky to get a hotel and flight. The only rental car they could find in that area was $300.00 for 4 days, that's 300 a day. The car turned out to be very dirty, smelled like diapers but it was all they had! I can't believe they paid that much, but I guess they really, really wanted to get out of the snow, LOL. So, your price sounds good.

I'll be waiting for the catch up:)

Here's hoping we both don't have much snow!

Yes, Carole, I like good crabcakes too. but only if they are fresh. The ones I ate at seaside were fantastic and not much filler at all. It seems everywhere else around here uses a lot of filler, and not fresh crab meat.

Thank YOu So Much!!! for explaining the driving thing in Orlando. That makes so much sense. :)
To us, the traffic around Florida is awful, but we live in a very rural area without much traffic. We live in a tourist area where the ll,800 lakes (not 10,000 lakes like advertised) are located. It's kept pretty much natural with no polluting industry, just lumber and tourism mostly.

About the car rental costs? My daughter rented a car last winter in the St. Pete area for 4 days only. However, they did this on a whim and also a holiday so they were lucky to get a hotel and flight. The only rental car they could find in that area was $300.00 for 4 days, that's 300 a day. The car turned out to be very dirty, smelled like diapers but it was all they had! I can't believe they paid that much, but I guess they really, really wanted to get out of the snow, LOL. So, your price sounds good.

I'll be waiting for the catch up:)

Here's hoping we both don't have much snow!

As usual, snow was a non event for us, I don`t think you were as lucky.

Sounds lovely where you are, yes most of our roads are quiet, I`d hate to live near a main road. I hear folks talk of traffic noise in the mornings.....glad we don`t have that.

I`m sorry your daughter had such a bad deal with a car, not nice. Our one experience with Dollar wasn`t just as bad as that, but the car wasn`t clean. Yes, what you`ll do to get away from snow!!

This is the cheapest we`ve paid for a car for the longest time, so we`re really happy!! However for us, rental prices are coming down.....wish we could say the same for flights!!! On the opposite spectrum of rental cars, this May trip have the most expensive flights for a time, but there are 3 of us and it is Premium, so no complaints really from us. I saw someone post recently they saw a flight for £500 to Orlando ( $600 ) and I was like.......are they sitting on the wing???? Haven`t seen a price as low as that in years. Maybe they were looking at economy seats, who knows.

Anyway, hope your weather isn`t so bad and hopefully you`ll be planning your Tennessee trip soon!!!

the Blackberry Margarita, it`s one of their nicest offerings and I`m sure I have at least three every trip. It`s sweet, but not cloying and packs a punch!! I have tried all of their other Margaritas, but none come close to this one.
That looks really tasty!! I don't know that I've seen a blackberry Margarita anywhere before...will have to look out for that if I make it to Margaritaville!!

That looks really tasty!! I don't know that I've seen a blackberry Margarita anywhere before...will have to look out for that if I make it to Margaritaville!!

It`s so good!!

We always buy the huge bottle of Blackberry Brandy they use as their mixer and bring it home as we can`t easily get it over here and we can kind of replicate it here.

I think you`d like it ::yes::

You`ve never been to Margaritaville? I think you`ll like it, quite a fun place and music is always good too.

I don`t know many dishes from Brazil but I can imagine how you miss some dishes. Not many places here make hush puppies, but one seafood place did and they were very good as the owner lived in Alabama for 15 years, but they closed through all the lockdowns we had, shame, but I can get my fix in Florida!!
Sadly no! Not even the newer one in NYC!

And I do enjoy Jimmy Buffet music/that style of music so I know I’d fit right into the atmosphere

Yes the pandemic shut down a lot of beloved places. It’s why I get my fox of certain things when I can!

Hurray for another trip report! Excited to follow along on your adventures. How wonderful that Kyle is joining this time - so great! Safe travels and have the best time!

:welcome: back jocelyn!!!

It is really good to see you post, it`s been a while!

Glad you`re here and yes, we`re so happy it`ll be just the three of us this trip, and thank you we look forward to it.

Hope you and yours are doing good.....:wave2:

Sadly no! Not even the newer one in NYC!

And I do enjoy Jimmy Buffet music/that style of music so I know I’d fit right into the atmosphere

Yes the pandemic shut down a lot of beloved places. It’s why I get my fox of certain things when I can!

I didn`t even know they had one in NY! Yes, you`d love it, it is such a lively place and we always enjoy our meals there too.

I agree, we always make the most of restaurants, even chain restaurants which can be decent over there while we can.

I was reading earlier about them making a movie of Wicked. Michelle Yeoh is Madame Morrible, I do like her, but not sure how a movie will work out. I love the show so much part of me wishes they`d leave it alone. But, I`ll give it a chance I suppose.

Blackberry Brandy AND Tequila?? yeah I'd be down for that lol....will have to see if they have that here in Canada in our liquor stores...

We use that Blackberry Brandy for all sorts of drinks.....added to sangria, it makes it ultra special!!! It is lovely!!!

So happy to hear Kyle is going back with you all! My how he has changed from that cute boy to a handsome man. I first started reading your reports in 2010 I think it was. Haven't posted in a while but definitely have been reading. Can't wait to hear about all of the plans and then the trip!

So happy to hear Kyle is going back with you all! My how he has changed from that cute boy to a handsome man. I first started reading your reports in 2010 I think it was. Haven't posted in a while but definitely have been reading. Can't wait to hear about all of the plans and then the trip!

:welcome: Back Tink2Day!!!

It is so good to see you, I did wonder where you were, glad to know you’re around and hopefully doing good.

Thank you, we think he’s rather wonderful, but of course we are biased! I’m glad you’ve stuck around for all the reports over the years, always glad to see you post and I’m happy you’re along for this one too…….:wave2:

To us, the traffic around Orlando is horrific and we avoid it at all cost. It is very crowded compared to where we live, and even more crowded than in Minneapolis. I'm just curious is all.
Surface street driving makes all the difference in the tourist area there for those of us who are admittedly type A :rolleyes1and need to have wheels at the ready.

Carole -aside from the pleasant company, Kyle will come in quite handy as the designated driver. None of my boys (road warriors
Otherwise) will slip behind the wheel there:confused3

Curious to hear about the Brazilian steakhouse. Unfortunately, we’ve not had good experiences elsewhere. Would be nice to find a good one in that area

I'm having one now - I sort of made it up as I went along but it's so freaking delicious I have a new drink lol.

Love it!!!

It`s always nice to deviate from the norm now and again with drinks.....I do love a strong fruity cocktail so tend to stick to them rather than other types, although I am getting a taste for pink gin, and gin in general now, I used to hate it.

It is fun making up new drinks to try though.

Surface street driving makes all the difference in the tourist area there for those of us who are admittedly type A :rolleyes1and need to have wheels at the ready.

Carole -aside from the pleasant company, Kyle will come in quite handy as the designated driver. None of my boys (road warriors
Otherwise) will slip behind the wheel there:confused3

Curious to hear about the Brazilian steakhouse. Unfortunately, we’ve not had good experiences elsewhere. Would be nice to find a good one in that area

I hope he enjoys the driving over there, yes, probably more once we`re outside of the Orlando area, he`ll give it a try anyway.

I do hope Rodizio is somewhere we enjoy, Raphael`s dad says it`s not going to deafen us the way Texas de Brazil would. And less tourists are always good...... :rolleyes1 yes, I`m very keen to try it.

cv27-M.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter