Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

Is GotG pretty consistently making it through all boarding groups before park close? Or can the later boarding groups expect to possibly not be called as with RotR?

Also...are most boarding groups from the 7M drop earlier in the day before the bulk of 1:00 boarding groups?

Today's 1pm VQ lasted less than 2 minutes today. A drastic change from the last 3-4 days. Thrill Data shows today to be an extremely busy today (10 out of 10). Will update for extended evening hours, but I am not hopeful for a lengthy VQ opening.

Today's 1pm VQ lasted less than 2 minutes today. A drastic change from the last 3-4 days. Thrill Data shows today to be an extremely busy today (10 out of 10). Will update for extended evening hours, but I am not hopeful for a lengthy VQ opening.

Thanks for the info. We’re going next week so I’m trying to keep up with it. I opened the app at 1:05 thinking I would be able to see how long it lasted knowing the last few days had gone 15 or more minutes. I was surprised when the VQ was already closed at 1:05. I saw that ILL$ sold out at about 8:30 this morning as well, where they had been lasting until closer to 10:00. It will be interesting to see if this becomes the summer normal and last week was just a little lull between Memorial Day and summer crowds, or if today is the outlier.

Thanks for the info. We’re going next week so I’m trying to keep up with it. I opened the app at 1:05 thinking I would be able to see how long it lasted knowing the last few days had gone 15 or more minutes. I was surprised when the VQ was already closed at 1:05. I saw that ILL$ sold out at about 8:30 this morning as well, where they had been lasting until closer to 10:00. It will be interesting to see if this becomes the summer normal and last week was just a little lull between Memorial Day and summer crowds, or if today is the outlier.
We will be at Epcot two Mondays from now and I am hoping this is a temporary spike.

My experience on Sunday June 5th

I got a 7am VQ at my home. Group 99 & an estimated return of 620 minutes.

I kept checking my estimated return time & timed it so I was outside the attraction when it was called. Group 99 was called at 1:30pm. It was then a 55 minute wait til I was seated on the ride. I did stand inside the whole time so I was in AC & the line for the most part kept a little trickle of forward movement going.

I missed scanning the "cube" when in line so I didn't get the ride picture again. I used a different MB than last time I rode & it still didn't work for me. I wish they would have a few spots for you to scan while in line in case you miss it.

My experience on Sunday June 5th

I got a 7am VQ at my home. Group 99 & an estimated return of 620 minutes.

I kept checking my estimated return time & timed it so I was outside the attraction when it was called. Group 99 was called at 1:30pm. It was then a 55 minute wait til I was seated on the ride. I did stand inside the whole time so I was in AC & the line for the most part kept a little trickle of forward movement going.

I missed scanning the "cube" when in line so I didn't get the ride picture again. I used a different MB than last time I rode & it still didn't work for me. I wish they would have a few spots for you to scan while in line in case you miss it.
You could try contacting photopass and seeing if they could find your photo for you (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/contact-us/), that’s worked well for us on other rides.
Would you mind explaining what we need to do on Guardians to get the photo? I’m probably behind, but this is the first I’ve heard that’s there’s anything different about it.

Update: The EEH VQ was gone in seconds.

Just sharing our experience so far. Saturday at 7am got bg 96. That was from an offsite hotel in Orlando. Group not called until around 3:15 pm. Slow calling of groups that day it seemed. Ride was not showing open for a while after park opening Last night, did not get a 6 pm vq for the late hours. This morning, Got bg 40. Called at 815! We were not expecting that, not ready yet. Hope if we’re a little late, will still be able to ride
ETA I had MDE app up, made sure logged in, and on the page to refresh by 6:50 or so each day. Kept hitting refresh . At 6:59 stopped refresh until I saw 7:00, then refresh, Then join very quickly.

Last edited:
the early BG happened a few times with Ratatouille. got group 4 once, and it was called before even leaving to go to the park. They did accept it.

You could try contacting photopass and seeing if they could find your photo for you (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/photopass/contact-us/), that’s worked well for us on other rides.
Would you mind explaining what we need to do on Guardians to get the photo? I’m probably behind, but this is the first I’ve heard that’s there’s anything different about it.
There isn’t anything different
They simply added a QR code on the wall for guests to scan that will turn on all necessary settings on the phone to ensure it will read the ride photo signal. This will enable it to work for all rides photos. I believe guardians happens to be the first queue they’ve put the code in. It is on the wall on both regular and ILL but PP is right, they need several. Line moves fast and it’s small and very easy to miss

I have contacted them about a picture from this ride previously a few weeks & heard nothing. I don't know why my MBs aren't working. It's not a big deal, just would be fun to see.

As you walk thru the standby line there is a "cube" on the wall with a barcode you can scan so it will hook up your phone for the picture. I have seen it for other rides, but usually my MB works so I have never done it. But the lighting inside is a little dim & cause I was looking around at other things I walked past it not knowing. By the time I realized it I wasn't going to hold the line up to go back. I wish Disney would add a couple places you could scan the barcode thing in case the line is moving along & you don't stop.

Today the 1pm VQ was open for over 1 hour and 20 minutes. Yes, you read that correctly. It got all the way to the point that park hoppers were able to come in and get a VQ. I was so confused I checked my phone multiple times to make sure it was working, checked thrill data to see if there were zero crowds in the park (the answer is no, it seemed quite busy), and checked the weather wondering if some hurricane hit the park. Seemed bright and sunny and nothing out of the ordinary...well expect the extremely long VQ opening (but you won't hear me complain about that).

Now for me the biggest question is what happened yesterday since the 1pm VQ lasted for about 2 minutes (huge contrast to today) and the 6pm VQ for EEH was pretty much seconds long. Did EEH really pull that many people into the park vs today? Did Disney reserve BGs (but why?) for EEH (but then again, why only seconds). Nothing from yesterday OR today made any sense. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I will be on a plane to Orlando next Monday so I won't be able to obverse how long the 1pm VQ will last, but I should land in time to observe the 6pm EEH (which I do not expect to last longer than seconds).

Of course, even VQ being open this long does not guarantee a ride (your board group might not be called), but all of this is fascinating and I am extremely curious by the wild swings we are observing.

Lastly, here is an article I saw from another thread on this board.
It’s Getting Easier to Secure a Boarding Group for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

As you walk thru the standby line there is a "cube" on the wall with a barcode you can scan so it will hook up your phone for the picture. I have seen it for other rides, but usually my MB works so I have never done it.
They simply added a QR code on the wall for guests to scan that will turn on all necessary settings on the phone to ensure it will read the ride photo signal. This will enable it to work for all rides photos. I believe guardians happens to be the first queue they’ve put the code in. It is on the wall on both regular and ILL but PP is right, they need several. Line moves fast and it’s small and very easy to miss
It's nothing automatic.

The QR code just takes you to a landing page. If you're on your phone, there will be a link that opens the app, which will open a GOTG Attraction Photos page that tells you how to check your settings.

The QR code takes you here:
http://qr.disneyworld.com/PhotoPassReminderGuardians?r=qr

The QR code:

qrguardians.png

To get to the app page without the QR code, open the app, click on the Map tab, switch to PhotoPass in the dropdown at the top, find Guardians on the app, click the icon there, and click on the title that pops up.

The app page says the following:
It's time to save the galaxy... AGAIN! Be sure to keep your game face on as youblast through space and time - while your photo is captured via Disney Photopass Service.

There are 2 options to have your attraction photo linked to your Disney account.

• Use your mobile device. Enable Bluetooth for the My Disney Experience app before riding, ensure you've logged into the app sometime earlier that day and keep your device out of low power mode. Then just put your device in your pocket or bag while you enjoy the ride. *

• Wear a MagicBand that's linked to your account.

Hours of operation and availability may vary and are subject to change without notice.

* Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset, service provider or otherwise. Coverage and app sotres not available everywhere. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.

I have contacted them about a picture from this ride previously a few weeks & heard nothing. I don't know why my MBs aren't working. It's not a big deal, just would be fun to see.

As you walk thru the standby line there is a "cube" on the wall with a barcode you can scan so it will hook up your phone for the picture. I have seen it for other rides, but usually my MB works so I have never done it. But the lighting inside is a little dim & cause I was looking around at other things I walked past it not knowing. By the time I realized it I wasn't going to hold the line up to go back. I wish Disney would add a couple places you could scan the barcode thing in case the line is moving along & you don't stop.
How old are your MBs?

You can do a VQ and an ILL same day but not 2 or more VQ. For the Monday deluxe not I’m not sure if that’s separate , I’m never there on a Monday night .

As I understand it, Deluxe guests can try for the EEH VQ at 6pm even if they got a VQ at 7 or 1. (And you can also buy one ILL so a Deluxe guest could potentially ride it thrice on an EEH day.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter