Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

That’s pretty much it. There’s little benefit to most guests
Another scenario where it may benefit is on departure day. With ILL you know the time. With VQ you don’t. They give you an estimate. If you have a flight and it’s close you may opt for the known time over an estimate that cutting it close

Psst, not a dumb question at all. None of them are. Even the most experienced guests is leaving this new world of Disney we find these days
How long have people been waiting in the VQ once their boarding group is called?

With previous VQs the wait has been as long as 30-60 minutes. So, in addition to a set time, the ILL might offer the advantage of a significantly shorter wait.

We rode during EEH last night, and it took 40 minutes to ride once called. Our group actually split and one went in at 9:20, the other at 10:00, and the 40ish minutes was consistent for both groups. Our group's estimated return time was 10:10, and they actually called us at 9:15.

For those going on deluxe nights...if you want 10 or 15 minutes after park close..its pretty much a walk on with the pre-show running too slow for full capacity rides. I hope disney fixes this but overall an awesome ride!

So do they have it for stand-by on Deluxe nights once it's into that time? I was going to stick with my Value based on reports that the 6pm drop was gone instantly, but if they allow Deluxe guests to do stand-by...

tried for a VQ this morning OFF wifi. Had time.gov up. refreshed at :59 Didn't stand a chance. What are the chances of a 1PM? Any tips/tricks?

1 pm is going to depend on how many they have trying for it, so all you can do is keep on with the refreshing like it was 7 am.

How long have people been waiting in the VQ once their boarding group is called?

With previous VQs the wait has been as long as 30-60 minutes. So, in addition to a set time, the ILL might offer the advantage of a significantly shorter wait.
Each of our VQ rides have been about 15 min. in the queue, till the 1st pre show. ILL is faster for sure but not significantly. VQ line moves constantly. ILL has been pretty much straight walk on to 1st pre show. Maybe a 5 min wait for the 1st pre show room to dump to the 2nd pre show room if your timing is off

So do they have it for stand-by on Deluxe nights once it's into that time? I was going to stick with my Value based on reports that the 6pm drop was gone instantly, but if they allow Deluxe guests to do stand-by...
No. There is no stand by at any time for this ride at this time

I'm curious how much, if any of the themed queue you miss by using the paid option instead of the virtual queue. Does anyone have any reports?

Hello! First trip in 8+ years and have spent a lot of time reading about Genie+ LL, ILL, and VQs in the last couple months in preparation for my trip next week. Would anyone be willing to confirm that I have the right understanding for VQs and ILLs? I'd really love to get a chance to ride GotG if possible.

We are staying off-site. We have a 6-day park hopper plus pass and were intending to spend one full day in Epcot as well as park hop over there after 2PM on different day when we are going to AK.

1. On Day 1, we have a park pass reservation for AK and were planning to hop to Epcot later that day. Because we don't have an Epcot park pass, we won't be eligible for neither the 7AM nor the 1PM VQ drops.

2. On Day 3, we do have a park pass reservation for Epcot. Regardless of being off-site, we will be eligible for the 7AM VQ drop. To be eligible for the 1PM VQ drop, we have to have already entered Epcot by then.

3. Because we are off-site, we won't be eligible to buy ILL on either day until Epcot opens, which will be at 8:30. Is there any hope there will be any ILL left by then or are we pretty much out of luck?

I'm trying to decide if we need to change our plan up and get another Epcot park pass to better our chances of getting a VQ. Our other days are: Day 2 - MK; Day 4 - DHS, Day 5 - MK; Day 6 - DHS. We have an 8:30AM breakfast reservation on day 5 at either CMC or A&C, both near Epcot, and we're planning to go to Typhoon Lagoon on one of day 4-6 depending on weather.

1) Correct.
2) Correct. You must actually be inside Epcot at 1 pm to join the 1 pm VQ.
3) Correct, you probably won't see any ILLs remaining by that time, but continue to refresh and see if any come up. On Day 1 the ILLs system will automatically limit you to return times after 2 PM.

I'm curious how much, if any of the themed queue you miss by using the paid option instead of the virtual queue. Does anyone have any reports?
ILL misses pretty much all of the queue
You enter the same area and split apart pretty much right away
They have put in a few theme items along the walkway in the ILL area but I’ve yet to stay in the line long enough to see/read any of it

It was so amazing. Worth the money for ILL. We got in and my daughter and husband tried for VQ and I did ILL. I got 10:20 ILL and we later found out my daughter had gotten BG 50! Everyone in my party of 21 got a BG then or at 1. Several of us got them for 6 as well. So we rode 3 times and I would still pay for it every time. It was amazing.

Sorry just saw this now, no it was boarding group only. I meant when your group was called you pretty much walked straight on to the pre-shows amd then after that straight onto the ride.

As far as I know no stand by option was given.

Sorry just saw this now, no it was boarding group only. I meant when your group was called you pretty much walked straight on to the pre-shows amd then after that straight onto the ride.

As far as I know no stand by option was given.

Thanks. If it was that much of a walk-on, I wonder if they'll add more groups in the future.

Another question if anyone would feel so inclined to answer: Is it possible that your boarding group could be called to return during a dining reservation? If so, is there any leeway or do we just lose our opportunity for that day (since we can only join one VQ per day)? Thank you! 😊

Another question if anyone would feel so inclined to answer: Is it possible that your boarding group could be called to return during a dining reservation? If so, is there any leeway or do we just lose our opportunity for that day (since we can only join one VQ per day)? Thank you! 😊
Yes and yes there's leeway
There is never any penalty if you miss dining due to ILL or VQ, or vice versa
Just explain the situation to those involved and they'll fix things up
If you miss ILL while dinning just bring your receipt to make it easier.
VQ is never a problem. Once your group is called, you're fine to go anytime.
It will flash blue vs green but tell the CM you were at a meal and they'll clear you through
ILL is more like the old FP, with the 5/15 grace period so you'll want the receipt to show.
But they totally understand you can't predict VQ or ILL in advance so no way to avoid all dining overlaps.
Even today's Disney isn't cruel enough to penalize guests for that

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter