Guardians virtual queue.

So are you not allowed to do the Virtual Queue if you plan on hopping to Epcot at all?
Correct.

Unless the 1:00 drop is available past 2:00, which it was for at least one day this week. But I haven't seen any reports of anyone being able to grab it after hopping.

For an upcoming trip my family is wanting to go to Epcot on a day that he evening hours but we are not sure to do Epcot as the first park of the day. With what I have been reading has the ride functioned better than ROTR to make the queues easier to get. If we go and get a group at 6pm will that work and we can get on or has it been breaking down? If we get a ILL will it give us a time after the 2pm hour?

For an upcoming trip my family is wanting to go to Epcot on a day that he evening hours but we are not sure to do Epcot as the first park of the day. With what I have been reading has the ride functioned better than ROTR to make the queues easier to get. If we go and get a group at 6pm will that work and we can get on or has it been breaking down? If we get a ILL will it give us a time after the 2pm hour?

when buying a Individual Lighting Lane for a ride not at the start of day park, it'll start the times at 2pm.

6pm, there's a very quick virtual queue release for the Extra Hour times. Guessing it's only 20-30 groups and they go quick.

when buying a Individual Lighting Lane for a ride not at the start of day park, it'll start the times at 2pm.

6pm, there's a very quick virtual queue release for the Extra Hour times. Guessing it's only 20-30 groups and they go quick.
So are you saying that at 7am we would be unable to buy a ILL? Or will MDE know we cannot go until 2?

what you can do is see how long it takes for the VQ page to indicate that there are no further VQ available. I do that sometimes because I'm still commuting at 7 and there isn't much else to do. Today it lasted a couple seconds longer than usual.

Is it bad that the first thought I had was, "I can use those extra seconds." Will be in Epcot in a couple Mondays from now!

I believe that's correct. You need to be starting in Epcot in order to be eligible for the virtual queues at 7 am and 1 pm since park hopping does not start until 2 pm.
Just wondering if you changed your park reservation after securing the VQ, would it let you? I don’t know if someone would do this but say you reserve EP just to ensure you can join the VQ (the only reason you have that park scheduled) You join the VQ then change to another park. Wondering if it would cancel your VQ.

We had not planned to go into any Disney parks this trip but are considering Epcot. What is the process for riding Guardians of the Galaxy? Is there a regular stand by line or how does this work? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

We had not planned to go into any Disney parks this trip but are considering Epcot. What is the process for riding Guardians of the Galaxy? Is there a regular stand by line or how does this work? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
It’s either VQ or ILL (paid). VQ sells out very quickly, some reports under a minute. There are a lot of threads with detailed information.

That sounds incredibly rude. If I had the time to scroll through an entire thread I would . I will go ask concierge. These birds have changed in the last decade. RUDE!
So we have to do it for you? This is not a paid service, read the information for yourself. If you don't want to read the "entire thread" then go the Disney website and look it up. Nobody here owes you anything.

So we have to do it for you? This is not a paid service, read the information for yourself. If you don't want to read the "entire thread" then go the Disney website and look it up. Nobody here owes you anything.
Again RUDE!!! These boards use to have nice people now like the rest of the world. Just rude!!! Done with these boards. As I said I will walk out to the concierge person and ask. I paid for that service!!!

You get same pre show just not the line with stuff to look at.
I wonder if they’d let you go thru the regular queue instead of the LL if you wanted to see the whole thing.

On the other hand, the less time you spend in the queue, the less opportunity that it’ll go down while you are in line.

That sounds incredibly rude. If I had the time to scroll through an entire thread I would . I will go ask concierge. These birds have changed in the last decade. RUDE!
You created a brand new thread to ask a question to which many have shared their experiences, suggestions, tips and more. Similar threads are merged to give you the opportunity of immediate information rather than waiting for people to hopefully share their experiences…again. The ride has been officially open for only 2 weeks and hundreds of people have shared helpful information here which we appreciate!

My intent was never to be rude but to point you to great information already available to you.

I like the option of only the riders getting the VQ spot if possible. That way, a VQ spot isn't wasted on someone not riding, since they are so precious.
Then again what if the child decides she does want to go on it… I can totally see it happening where a child might decide it looks fun once they see it in person. As parents, we can’t always be mind readers and sometimes we’re incorrect in guessing our child’s likely choice.

I would keep the family together. My kids often got up the nerve to try a ride they were nervous about once they had some time to think about it.

Scrappinginontario is one of the least “rude” posters on the boards. Maybe you should make the time and do your own research. You can call me rude because I wouldn’t disagree.

Then again what if the child decides she does want to go on it… I can totally see it happening where a child might decide it looks fun once they see it in person. As parents, we can’t always be mind readers and sometimes we’re incorrect in guessing our child’s likely choice.

I would keep the family together. My kids often got up the nerve to try a ride they were nervous about once they had some time to think about it.
I actually was talked into riding it by my DISer friends.

Our DISer friend invited us on the DVC preview, I had said I don't want to take a spot away from someone when I know I won't ride so if they wanted to offer my slot to someone they could. They did but then that person ghosted them. When it came time to ride it the DVC person had gone earlier as an AP with another one of our DISer friends (also an AP holder), they said "you know I think you can do it"..after some talking to I ended up agreeing to it. Now I already gave my experience on another thread but it was a one and done ride for me lol. All that to just say it can happen that you think you may not be able to ride (for whatever reason) and then end up wanting to ride it.

I think both you and the other poster are right, it goes into knowing your audience I think. I wouldn't intentionally get a VQ for someone I knew without a doubt wouldn't ride it but I can totally see getting a VQ for someone who may be on the fence about it. It goes far beyond kids too though, us adults have these same "do I want to/can I actually do it" questions in our minds too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter