• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians virtual queue.

Looks like I will be recovering from a surgery so probably won’t be allowed ro ride most attractions during our trip. If we get a VQ for the 4 of us, could DH first ride it with DD9 then use my magic band to ride it again, this time with DD12?

Looks like I will be recovering from a surgery so probably won’t be allowed ro ride most attractions during our trip. If we get a VQ for the 4 of us, could DH first ride it with DD9 then use my magic band to ride it again, this time with DD12?
As long as you’ve entered the park

Btw - I'm not saying you did anything wrong - I'm only saying that your conclusion wasn't possible. It's like taking your car to the mechanic saying that your engine is making a noise, and having them tell you it was actually something else under the hood - you didn't do anything "wrong" by thinking it was the engine. At worst, it's an honest mistake, but I hesitate to even call it a mistake.

The main reason I said anything at all:

It's likely that at least one of your accounts is still affected by whatever Disney error made your party ineligible. That means you might not be able to secure a spot in the VQ the next time you try. (That's assuming Disney IT can't figure out how to fix this for everyone, and this is common enough that I'm hoping they're working on it now.)

The conventional wisdom for everyone else:

1) It might be worth having everyone in your party try for the VQ at 7am and wait for the ILL until afterward. (In the seemingly unlikely event that the ILL is already full, try the ILL again after 7:10am.) If you're alone, VQ first, then ILL.

2) If the VQ says you're ineligible (and you know that you are eligible), head to Guest Relations at Epcot and have them fix your account so that you can join the 1pm drop. (If you can't get there until after the 1pm drop is over, still go to Guest Relations to fix the issue, and hopefully they can pixie dust your way onto the ride.)
Thanks for the speculation. But again, I got on the ride the first official opening day. Thousands did not. Mission accomplished.

Apologies if this is answered somewhere already . . .

With the old Rise of the Resistance virtual queue, there was a very helpful tutorial thread on these boards, where the first post (which was always kept up to date) gave detailed instructions for how to maximize your chances of success, including screen shots to show you just what page you should get to in advance, where you have to click at precisely 7:00:00, how to keep hitting "join" "join" "join" without stopping to look at your traveling group, etc. I found that advice to be invaluable.

With reports that the Guardians virtual queue is filling up in literally one second (!), it seems like a similar tutorial would be extremely helpful.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

With the old Rise of the Resistance virtual queue, there was a very helpful tutorial thread on these boards, where the first post (which was always kept up to date) gave detailed instructions for how to maximize your chances of success, including screen shots to show you just what page you should get to in advance, where you have to click at precisely 7:00:00, how to keep hitting "join" "join" "join" without stopping to look at your traveling group, etc. I found that advice to be invaluable.

With reports that the Guardians virtual queue is filling up in literally one second (!), it seems like a similar tutorial would be extremely helpful.

It's the same process for Guardians!

Most all the old steps are eliminated
Sometime after 6am click join queue to make sure everyone in your party is selected. The default is to select everyone with a reservation
Accept or change as needed
At exactly 6:59:59 click Refresh button
Then click join button
That’s it

Thanks! Just to cross all of my t's and dot all of my i's . . . . Is the following about right?

The default page for MDE (the one that has an option for "Tip Board" and "Future Plans" etc.) has an option for "Virtual Queues."

Click on that, and it brings you to a page that says "It looks like you have not joined a virtual queue yet." Then there is a button that says "Join Virtual Queue."

Click on that.

That brings you to the Guardians virtual queue page. Right now, when I go there, I get a message that the virtual queue is closed (obviously). But if I were to go there between 6:00 and 7:00 am, I would see my party and have the option to adjust the group.

Then at 6:59:59, I refresh. It looks to me like, at least on my version of the app (updated on IOS), there isn't a way to click a refresh button. Rather, it seems that I would pull down on the page to trigger a refresh. Maybe it looks different in the morning when you're not seeing a message about how the queue is full?

Once I refresh, I click Join. Do you still have to keep clicking Join on a series of subsequent pages, like you did with RotR, or there just one click?

Thanks! Just to cross all of my t's and dot all of my i's . . . . Is the following about right?

The default page for MDE (the one that has an option for "Tip Board" and "Future Plans" etc.) has an option for "Virtual Queues."

Click on that, and it brings you to a page that says "It looks like you have not joined a virtual queue yet." Then there is a button that says "Join Virtual Queue."

Click on that.

That brings you to the Guardians virtual queue page. Right now, when I go there, I get a message that the virtual queue is closed (obviously). But if I were to go there between 6:00 and 7:00 am, I would see my party and have the option to adjust the group.

Then at 6:59:59, I refresh. It looks to me like, at least on my version of the app (updated on IOS), there isn't a way to click a refresh button. Rather, it seems that I would pull down on the page to trigger a refresh. Maybe it looks different in the morning when you're not seeing a message about how the queue is full?

Once I refresh, I click Join. Do you still have to keep clicking Join on a series of subsequent pages, like you did with RotR, or there just one click?
Yeah. You got it right
When the queue is open there is a button
When it is not there is not
No extra clicks needed
When it opens you click join
Only takes once
Like I said Disney eliminated most extra steps and made it really easy

I failed on my first attempt. According to GS and IT it had to do with how I got to the VQ. Here is what they told me to do, and I was successful at 1pm.

-In MDE click the 3 lines an hour before
-click VQ and the names of those with park reservations for Epcot should show up.
-there should be a refresh button. I was told to continuously hit refresh at 6:58 or 12:58. It will change to join at the proper time. I wasn’t given a reason, but was told not to pull down to refresh, use the button.

What happened to me the first time I tried and failed, the names never appeared before 7am, and at 7 I got an error message about tickets not valid, but we have AP that are valid. IT did something, and it showed up on my 2nd attempt!

I failed on my first attempt. According to GS and IT it had to do with how I got to the VQ. Here is what they told me to do, and I was successful at 1pm.

-In MDE click the 3 lines an hour before
-click VQ and the names of those with park reservations for Epcot should show up.
-there should be a refresh button. I was told to continuously hit refresh at 6:58 or 12:58. It will change to join at the proper time. I wasn’t given a reason, but was told not to pull down to refresh, use the button.

What happened to me the first time I tried and failed, the names never appeared before 7am, and at 7 I got an error message about tickets not valid, but we have AP that are valid. IT did something, and it showed up on my 2nd attempt!
If you use something like time.gov to watch the time you done even need to clicks before 6:58
Click at 6:59:59 exactly. Only need one. It worked 3 times that way. When I tried without, just clicking at 6:58, it never worked You stand the risk of hitting the button at the wrong second and loosing your spot. You must hit it at 6:59:59, not even 6:59:58

If you use something like time.gov to watch the time you done even need to clicks before 6:58
Click at 6:59:59 exactly. Only need one. It worked 3 times that way. When I tried without, just clicking at 6:58, it never worked You stand the risk of hitting the button at the wrong second and loosing your spot. You must hit it at 6:59:59, not even 6:59:58
That’s happened to me with Rise, so I was reluctant to try their way. Thankfully it worked. I was using time.gov the first time where it didn’t work, but the names of my party didn’t show up. So it was a mde glitch of some sort.

When I tried to get virtual queues for ROTR, we always had multiple family members trying at the same time (within the same MDE). I've read conflicting information, on whether this is a good idea for GOTG:CM. Some vloggers say you should only have ONE person trying in order to avoid cancelling each other out. Other vloggers say have as many people as possible. What have been your experiences?

Also we make sure all other apps on our phone are closed out. Hubby checks internet speeds cell vs WiFi (hotel off property).
And watch atomic block on an old phone on WiFi.
When I tried to get virtual queues for ROTR, we always had multiple family members trying at the same time (within the same MDE). I've read conflicting information, on whether this is a good idea for GOTG:CM. Some vloggers say you should only have ONE person trying in order to avoid cancelling each other out. Other vloggers say have as many people as possible. What have been your experiences?
As many people as possible! I do not understand those who state differently. We’ve never “cancelled each other out”. Our family has a perfect VQ record (including GotG opening weekend 3 times) and I swear this is why.

That’s happened to me with Rise, so I was reluctant to try their way. Thankfully it worked. I was using time.gov the first time where it didn’t work, but the names of my party didn’t show up. So it was a mde glitch of some sort.
The name issue is one of those things that are unknown in advance unfortunately. Rare thankfully. Sadly nothing the user can do beforehand that I know of

We did the time.gov :59:59 tip as well as the speed test prior. I believe these two things helped us get a boarding group.

Do people have success with hotel wifi or turning it off and using cell? I was successful twice with ROTR last time and I *think* I turned off WiFi because that was what was suggested. But I can’t remember for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter