• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians virtual queue.

Let us know how it goes. I have a similar scenario coming up in a little over a week. I'll be getting off the Dream, but I'm not sure when I'll be hitting Epcot.
Didn’t see this reply until just now. My BG was called at 8:30 AM so I technically had until 9:30 AM. I got there at like 5 PM. I scanned my ticket and it was blue (it should be green) but I just explained I had a flight and they let me go no problem

Don't even try that.

Your entire claim was that buying an ILL blocked you from the VQ:

"I got the paid LL first" is not "we did them at the same time".

Also: if you had done VQ and ILL at the same time, your daughter would have been in the queue before you even got to the checkout page of the ILL.
You obviously misunderstood. We both tried for each simultaneously (me $ILL-her VQ) I was successful (I got mine first) she was not. Please don't tell me "what my claim was" I was there. I know what happened.

So yeah, I did "try that". Try keeping up.

You obviously misunderstood. We both tried for each simultaneously (me $ILL-her VQ) I was successful (I got mine first) she was not. Please don't tell me "what my claim was" I was there. I know what happened.

So yeah, I did "try that". Try keeping up.
Even if you started at the same time, there's no way her failure came after your $ILL was complete.

The 7am VQ filled up in 3 seconds every day this weekend.

It is impossible to start and complete an $ILL transaction in 3 seconds. (You'd be lucky to have a time picked in 3 seconds.)

If you both did this at the same time, then she failed before you were successful. And that would make sense.

But this could not have happened, as you explained it:

No. Once I booked ILL$ my daughter was blocked from booking a boarding group. I got the paid LL first and she was immediately blocked.

I can fully understand that your daughter was told she was "ineligible" - other people have had the same problem. But it is simply impossible that she was ruled "ineligible" because of your $ILL transaction.

Even if you started at the same time, there's no way her failure came after your $ILL was complete.

The 7am VQ filled up in 3 seconds every day this weekend.

It is impossible to start and complete an $ILL transaction in 3 seconds. (You'd be lucky to have a time picked in 3 seconds.)

If you both did this at the same time, then she failed before you were successful. And that would make sense.

But this could not have happened, as you explained it:

I can fully understand that your daughter was told she was "ineligible" - other people have had the same problem. But it is simply impossible that she was ruled "ineligible" because of your $ILL transaction.
Whatever you say. Frankly, I couldn't care less

Apologies if this question or something similar has been asked, but I didn't see it scrolling through. My wife and 7-year-old will be there in about a week. 7 year old probably won't want to ride this, so I was wondering if we are able to snag a boarding group for my wife and me if it would be possible for one of us to ride at a time while the other does something with our daughter and then the other gets in line afterward...or does your entire boarding group party need to go at the same time? Thanks!

Apologies if this question or something similar has been asked, but I didn't see it scrolling through. My wife and 7-year-old will be there in about a week. 7 year old probably won't want to ride this, so I was wondering if we are able to snag a boarding group for my wife and me if it would be possible for one of us to ride at a time while the other does something with our daughter and then the other gets in line afterward...or does your entire boarding group party need to go at the same time? Thanks!
You can do what’s called a Rider Swap. If the child is tall enough to ride, all 3 of you need to have the VQ. Talk to the CM at the entrance to confirm, but most likely you’ll all go through the line together, then one of you will ride while the other parent waits with the child in a designated area near the boarding dock. When first parent disembarks, you’ll swap so the second parent rides while the child and first parent leave (to meet up outside).

An alternative is for only the parents to get VQ. Once your VQ group is called, you can ride any time - there’s no deadline. So when your VQ is called, parent 1 goes to ride while parent 2 and child do something else. After riding, parent 1 meets them and takes the child while parent 2 rides. The child can’t enter the line without a VQ, if they’re tall enough to ride but simply don’t want to.

Whatever you say. Frankly, I couldn't care less
If you'll never be trying again I can see why you couldn't care less. It's in the past
If you'll ever want to try for VQ and ILL again, you may want to review the suggestions being offered so you can see what you did wrong.
Because it was steps you did wrong. Very easy to make mistakes, this is a learning process. I made them myself on Friday. Learned and didn't have issues the rest of the weekend.

You can do what’s called a Rider Swap. If the child is tall enough to ride, all 3 of you need to have the VQ. Talk to the CM at the entrance to confirm, but most likely you’ll all go through the line together, then one of you will ride while the other parent waits with the child in a designated area near the boarding dock. When first parent disembarks, you’ll swap so the second parent rides while the child and first parent leave (to meet up outside).

An alternative is for only the parents to get VQ. Once your VQ group is called, you can ride any time - there’s no deadline. So when your VQ is called, parent 1 goes to ride while parent 2 and child do something else. After riding, parent 1 meets them and takes the child while parent 2 rides. The child can’t enter the line without a VQ, if they’re tall enough to ride but simply don’t want to.
I like the option of only the riders getting the VQ spot if possible. That way, a VQ spot isn't wasted on someone not riding, since they are so precious.

Awesome! Thank you!

If you'll never be trying again I can see why you couldn't care less. It's in the past
If you'll ever want to try for VQ and ILL again, you may want to review the suggestions being offered so you can see what you did wrong.
Because it was steps you did wrong. Very easy to make mistakes, this is a learning process. I made them myself on Friday. Learned and didn't have issues the rest of the weekend.
Please don't preach to me. I didn't make any mistakes or do anything wrong. I got on the ride first day, first try. Also, I never said I wouldn't be "trying" again; whatever that means.

Please don't preach to me. I didn't make any mistakes or do anything wrong. I got on the ride first day, first try. Also, I never said I wouldn't be "trying" again; whatever that means.
Wow. Only trying to be helpful so you could get multiple rides in the future. Guess you are not interested. Forget it. You feel free to do whatever you wish. I'll move on help those who wish to get it. At least others are learning from your errors so some good is coming from it

Wow. Only trying to be helpful so you could get multiple rides in the future. Guess you are not interested. Forget it. You feel free to do whatever you wish. I'll move on help those who wish to get it. At least others are learning from your errors so some good is coming from it
Again, I made no errors. And thanks for letting me do what I want. I really appreciate that.

You may be meaning well in trying to give help but also there are other posters too who give their experience that assist people so not just you. And it does sorta come off as talking down to. I mean in another thread you literally told another poster "Guess just over your head in explaining" so maybe your "I'm just trying to help" is coming off as patronizing at times (happens to many of us).

If you end up doing Rider Swap please consider adding it to this thread (or another thread related to virtual queue/LL for Guardians) :flower3: so others have more knowledge on Rider Swap. I don't feel like presently there's a whole lot of comments about how it worked/people's experiences with it.

Apologies if this question or something similar has been asked, but I didn't see it scrolling through. My wife and 7-year-old will be there in about a week. 7 year old probably won't want to ride this, so I was wondering if we are able to snag a boarding group for my wife and me if it would be possible for one of us to ride at a time while the other does something with our daughter and then the other gets in line afterward...or does your entire boarding group party need to go at the same time? Thanks
Kind of piggy backing on this this question.

Due to motion sickness problems, I know I won’t be able to ride 😭 but I would love to see the pre-show. If I manage to get a VQ along with the rest of my party, can I bail out after the pre-show ?

Kind of piggy backing on this this question.

Due to motion sickness problems, I know I won’t be able to ride 😭 but I would love to see the pre-show. If I manage to get a VQ along with the rest of my party, can I bail out after the pre-show ?
No. A CM will physically force you into the ride vehicle and strap you in.

NOT Every thrill ride as a chicken exit near the loading area. If you dont ser it ask. You won't be the first

Btw - I'm not saying you did anything wrong - I'm only saying that your conclusion wasn't possible. It's like taking your car to the mechanic saying that your engine is making a noise, and having them tell you it was actually something else under the hood - you didn't do anything "wrong" by thinking it was the engine. At worst, it's an honest mistake, but I hesitate to even call it a mistake.

The main reason I said anything at all:

It's likely that at least one of your accounts is still affected by whatever Disney error made your party ineligible. That means you might not be able to secure a spot in the VQ the next time you try. (That's assuming Disney IT can't figure out how to fix this for everyone, and this is common enough that I'm hoping they're working on it now.)

The conventional wisdom for everyone else:

1) It might be worth having everyone in your party try for the VQ at 7am and wait for the ILL until afterward. (In the seemingly unlikely event that the ILL is already full, try the ILL again after 7:10am.) If you're alone, VQ first, then ILL.

2) If the VQ says you're ineligible (and you know that you are eligible), head to Guest Relations at Epcot and have them fix your account so that you can join the 1pm drop. (If you can't get there until after the 1pm drop is over, still go to Guest Relations to fix the issue, and hopefully they can pixie dust your way onto the ride.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter