Guardians virtual queue.

It's possible that your issue was the same as the one that lovethattink had (above), and the ILL purchase was unrelated.

Also: the VQ would have been filled by the time you finished the ILL purchase - if your daughter tried it after you finished the purchase (per your post), it would have been too late to join the VQ.
Exactly
you must do VQ first
then do ILL
i posted this advice Friday
ILL lasts more than long enough

My lesson learned, for any who care to know, work to get VQ first, with as many people and devices as you have. Then get ILL. Unless you have very limited ILL times to use, like any early flight or something. Looks like ILL will still be there after VQ is gone
This was my advice posted on Friday
After working on this daily since Friday I stand by it
If Disney implants a change or restriction it changes it all of course
Until that, do the above
It’s worked perfectly

We booked a ILL today on our going home day. We knew with hoping it would be past 2p and for lucky and caught 2:20p. So for Fri- Mon we rode 6 times.
I’m wondering if that’s the first time they give for hoppers
That’s the earliest time we got on our hopper day too

It's possible that your issue was the same as the one that lovethattink had (above), and the ILL purchase was unrelated.

Also: the VQ would have been filled by the time you finished the ILL purchase - if your daughter tried it after you finished the purchase (per your post), it would have been too late to join the VQ.
Like I said, we did them at the same time. Not after.

is it worth trying VQ before getting on an airplane? I have an Epcot park reservation. What happens if you don't report during your window?

Did have a couple of instances where Remy was called before we could even get to the park. They did accept it later.

VQ gone within a couple of seconds today, ILLs are still available now at 7:40

Last edited:
In case anyone is wondering… we tried for the 6pm vq drop and it was gone in seconds

Thanks for the info. That just cements my decision to keep my reservation at a Value and use a minuscule part of the price savings for ILLs).

We did 6 pm VQ last night, and got an estimated return time of 10:10. We were actually called at 9:15ish. Based on that, maybe they can add more capacity moving forward. They were not allowing standby riders during EEH, only VQ.

We did 6 pm VQ last night, and got an estimated return time of 10:10. We were actually called at 9:15ish. Based on that, maybe they can add more capacity moving forward. They were not allowing standby riders during EEH, only VQ.
Thanks. There was another thread where someone said it was close to walk on 10-15 minutes after park closing which sounded like they were doing standby there. Appreciate the clarification.

is it worth trying VQ before getting on an airplane? I have an Epcot park reservation. What happens if you don't report during your window?

Did have a couple of instances where Remy was called before we could even get to the park. They did accept it later.

VQ gone within a couple of seconds today, ILLs are still available now at 7:40
I got a VQ this morning. So far I’ve gotten one all but the first morning. Not sure what’s gone better

They have been reports that yes you can go in after

We did yesterday. It turned blue. We had a very bails reason for missing our. We were walking up when we got notice of our flight canceling. Had to scramble to figure out where to stay last night, rebook, etc. then ride. They let us on

Like I said, we did them at the same time. Not after.
Don't even try that.

Your entire claim was that buying an ILL blocked you from the VQ:
Once I booked ILL$ my daughter was blocked from booking a boarding group. I got the paid LL first and she was immediately blocked.
"I got the paid LL first" is not "we did them at the same time".

Also: if you had done VQ and ILL at the same time, your daughter would have been in the queue before you even got to the checkout page of the ILL.

Last edited:
Staying at Beach Club and tried at 6PM for a BG and was told it sold out in 3 seconds. Two of us were on our phones refreshing and got nothing. Hard to believe it sold out in 3 seconds. I guess deluxe hours are popular.
I’m a bit surprised by that. I guess it could take a while for BGs called to work their way through the ride cutting down on the number of slots for deluxe guests.

I’m a bit surprised by that. I guess it could take a while for BGs called to work their way through the ride cutting down on the number of slots for deluxe guests.
Plus, there are not that many slots to give in the few hours offered for EH. A full day‘s worth are gone in 2,3 seconds so a couple hours worth will go even faster. Even with fewer guests vying for them. It’s still going to be way more guests than slots.

I'd think they have the BGs timed so that there is a minimal line at park close, but maybe that's being too optimistic.

It is surprising some didn't get any at 6 given more than a couple of reports between here and other platforms that there was little to no wait during EEH. Granted this was the first one since they opened, so perhaps the didn't have a ton of them just to see and maybe they'll add more slots in if that virtual walk-on continues.

I'd think they have the BGs timed so that there is a minimal line at park close, but maybe that's being too optimistic.

It is surprising some didn't get any at 6 given more than a couple of reports between here and other platforms that there was little to no wait during EEH. Granted this was the first one since they opened, so perhaps the didn't have a ton of them just to see and maybe they'll add more slots in if that virtual walk-on continues.
I know one reported here they got one. More didn’t, that’s for sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter