• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians virtual queue.

What would be Disney's incentive to do this? I don't believe making off-site people wake up at 7am would increase ILL$ sales...
Off site people are no different than on site people in wanting to purchase ILL. If ILL is always selling out at 7am then the answer is it's profitable enough by the amount of people currently booked on site currently wanting to purchase it. However if ILL availability is slower and slower in getting scooped up increasing the eligibility of who can purchase it at what time gives Disney more opportunity for the same profitability.

I think you're thinking of it in terms of waking up at a certain time but for those who want it and are presently shut out of it because they are off site they aren't going to have that problem...in fact they probably would welcome the opportunity to purchase it prior to park open.

It's just all in who wants to purchase it.

What would be Disney's incentive to do this? I don't believe making off-site people wake up at 7am would increase ILL$ sales...
Us "lowly" offsite people are already up at 7am making Genie+ selections actually and it would most definitely increase $LL sales also allowing us to get it at 7am. Why should we have to leave it to lotto chance to get on a ride in a park we've already bought 14 day tickets to enter? 🤨 Especially when they're also allowing hotel guests to get both and taking inventory away from offsite guests in doing so.

Last edited:
Off site people are no different than on site people in wanting to purchase ILL. If ILL is always selling out at 7am then the answer is it's profitable enough by the amount of people currently booked on site currently wanting to purchase it. However if ILL availability is slower and slower in getting scooped up increasing the eligibility of who can purchase it at what time gives Disney more opportunity for the same profitability.

I think you're thinking of it in terms of waking up at a certain time but for those who want it and are presently shut out of it because they are off site they aren't going to have that problem...in fact they probably would welcome the opportunity to purchase it prior to park open.

It's just all in who wants to purchase it.

It does not give Disney more profitability. If off-site people want to buy an ILL$, they still will if this is available at park opening.

Us "lowly" offsite people are already up at 7am making Genie+ selections actually and it would most definitely increase $LL sales also allowing us to get it at 7am. Why should we have to leave it to lotto chance to get on a ride in a park we've already bought 14 day tickets to enter? 🤨

It won't increase sales. If off-site people want to buy an ILL$ and if it is available only at park opening, then they will. However, giving it to all on-site and off-site it might draw people out of the Disney resorts...

From what I see, all ILL$ seem to sell out at some point during the day so profit for the day on ILL$ is the same whether they sell out at 9am or 5pm.

Not saying it's right, but by restricting 7am purchase of ILL$ to onsite only, it's an incentive to book a Disney resort.

I’m an AP holder. I sat at the computer watching time.gov as I always did for Rise. I would have gotten a bg, except I got this error message. When I tapped edit, each person’s name showed up with a note that says have to be inside the park. Not possible at 7am.
My guess is that it sold out in the time it took for you to hit the Edit screen, then showed you the 1pm messaging.

You're not the first to hit a glitch with eligibility, though. Hopefully, you'll have better luck at 1pm, but it couldn't hurt to stop by Guest Relations or a blue tent and explain what happened.

On site perks like DME, resort package delivery...cost Disney $$$

ILL$ is an onsite perk which makes Disney $

I’m an AP holder. I sat at the computer watching time.gov as I always did for Rise. I would have gotten a bg, except I got this error message. When I tapped edit, each person’s name showed up with a note that says have to be inside the park. Not possible at 7am.
View attachment 672726
I’ve had that happen when I didn’t first have MDE update with the most recent time/date. Hard to explain but seems sometimes it opens with the info from my last session. If that’s the night before or something it won’t recognize it’s 7am

I'm wondering if you can book a BG and an iLL$ at the same time for GotG the same MDE account using two different phones? Like DH uses his iphone logged into my MDE and I use my android logged into my account?
No. Once I booked ILL$ my daughter was blocked from booking a boarding group. I got the paid LL first and she was immediately blocked.

No. Once I booked ILL$ my daughter was blocked from booking a boarding group. I got the paid LL first and she was immediately blocked.
You can positively book VQ then ILL. I did it today
And you can book ILL and get VQ at 1:00 drop. I did it on Friday

Staying at Beach Club and tried at 6PM for a BG and was told it sold out in 3 seconds. Two of us were on our phones refreshing and got nothing. Hard to believe it sold out in 3 seconds. I guess deluxe hours are popular.

Staying at Beach Club and tried at 6PM for a BG and was told it sold out in 3 seconds. Two of us were on our phones refreshing and got nothing. Hard to believe it sold out in 3 seconds. I guess deluxe hours are popular.
With there only being a few hours worth of VQ to distribute I suspect there were very few of them. A full days with went in less than a second

Was she "blocked" or was it already sold out? Did you get a message that popped up telling you that you were not allowed to book a boarding group (VQ) because you already had purchased an iLL$?

Was she "blocked" or was it already sold out? Did you get a message that popped up telling you that you were not allowed to book a boarding group (VQ) because you already had purchased an iLL$?

It did not say anything about sold out. Indicated not eligible.

You can positively book VQ then ILL. I did it today
And you can book ILL and get VQ at 1:00 drop. I did it on Friday
We were there opening day on Friday and they were only allowing people to ride once. Also, I believe the original question was could you get them both at 7am. Not one at 7 and the other at 1.

It did not say anything about sold out. Indicated not eligible.
It's possible that your issue was the same as the one that lovethattink had (above), and the ILL purchase was unrelated.

Also: the VQ would have been filled by the time you finished the ILL purchase - if your daughter tried it after you finished the purchase (per your post), it would have been too late to join the VQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter