Guardians Preview/Park Hopping Afterwards

Seth141

Earning My Ears
So I have a DVC preview for Guardians on Monday, May 9th. I’m aware that you don’t need to have a park reservation for Epcot to attend the preview. My question is, are we still allowed to park hop to whatever park we would like after 2pm even though we didn’t have a real reservation to Epcot on that day?

I’m not sure. For entry to Epcot there will be a special few tapstiles devoted specifically to the preview. My guess would be no to the hopping, but I don’t know for sure.

So I have a DVC preview for Guardians on Monday, May 9th. I’m aware that you don’t need to have a park reservation for Epcot to attend the preview. My question is, are we still allowed to park hop to whatever park we would like after 2pm even though we didn’t have a real reservation to Epcot on that day?
The DVC previews will not add a park reservation to your MDE account. You will need either a park reservation for the park you want to enter after the preview, or have already entered a park that day for which you had a park reservation.

I believe on the confirmation it says you need a valid park hopper ticket if you wish to visit another theme park that day.

I believe on the confirmation it says you need a valid park hopper ticket if you wish to visit another theme park that day.
I have a valid park hopper ticket. My question was in regards to park hopping after Epcot even though I never had an Epcot reservation to begin with.

In the system it shows that I can book animal kingdom for the day. But I would prefer not to have to go from Epcot, then to animal kingdom, and then to another park simply because I was forced to pick animal kingdom for the day. It all just seems so convoluted.

I have a valid park hopper ticket. My question was in regards to park hopping after Epcot even though I never had an Epcot reservation to begin with.

In the system it shows that I can book animal kingdom for the day. But I would prefer not to have to go from Epcot, then to animal kingdom, and then to another park simply because I was forced to pick animal kingdom for the day. It all just seems so convoluted.
You can't "park hop" until you have gone to the park that you have a reservation for. What you are suggesting is that you want to go to a park without having a reservation for that park, which is different than "hopping". But the Epcot reservation that you are given might count the same as a park reservation, so maybe you will be able to hop.

You can't "park hop" until you have gone to the park that you have a reservation for. What you are suggesting is that you want to go to a park without having a reservation for that park, which is different than "hopping". But the Epcot reservation that you are given might count the same as a park reservation, so maybe you will be able to hop.
All I’m suggesting is that if I’m being allowed into Epcot because of the guardians reservation that I made, that that should be considered the park I have a reservation for. At 2pm, I should be allowed to park hop if I have a park hopper ticket. In my opinion of course.

All I’m suggesting is that if I’m being allowed into Epcot because of the guardians reservation that I made, that that should be considered the park I have a reservation for. At 2pm, I should be allowed to park hop if I have a park hopper ticket. In my opinion of course.
I would assume that you would be given an Epcot park reservation for the preview, although someone suggested that DVC members will not be given one.

I would play it safe and make a park reservation for the park that you want to go to after the preview, if possible. :)

That would make perfect sense. But you're dealing with Disney IT. I'd make a reservation for another park that you'll have to tap into before going where you want to.

My DVC preview confirmation says I don't need a park reservation to Epcot, but I don't know if that means I will be allotted one on my account or if they will check my preview credentials when I enter the park. It says that you need park hopping media if you want to hop to another park after 2, but it does not say you need a park reservation for the second park.

I feel like they would have said right out if you needed to make a park reservation to hop to a park other than Epcot, but who knows.

Last edited:
If it’s the same as Remy last year, they will add a reservation to your account. I had 2 for the day, I had MK for morning and they added Epcot, my preview wasn’t until evening. I had an AP so I really didn’t need the Epcot reservation.

If it’s the same as Remy last year, they will add a reservation to your account. I had 2 for the day, I had MK for morning and they added Epcot, my preview wasn’t until evening. I had an AP so I really didn’t need the Epcot reservation.
That only applies to the AP Previews. The OP is signed up for the DVC Preview for which Disney doesn't automatically add park reservations.

yes, I am not seeing how they would add park reservations to your account before you get there. They've got my name, but not those of my guests. We are going to have to check in at the park gate somehow.

If you are on the DVC preview and want to go to a park other than Epcot, you should probably have a reservation for that park.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter