Guardians of the Galaxy Still Virtual

MagicTravels

Earning My Ears
Guardians of the Galaxy has been open for months and still has a virtual queue! Does anyone like these? We get exhausted and tend to end up running all around the park while we wait the 2 hours.

I’ll take a virtual queue over hours in line every time!! I’m waiting the same amount of time but am free to do other things. A win-win in my books, especially as the standby wait could be far longer than 2 hours!

FoP can still get to 4 hours on busy days and that ride has been open for almost 6 years!!! The quality of a ride determines the wait, not how long the attraction has been open.

Last edited:

I much prefer the virtual queue. The alternative is waiting in multiple hour lines and there is not a single ride at WDW that I would do that for. My limit is 70 minutes for Hagrid's at Universal (half of me wishes Hagrid's still had their VQ - not doing the 3 hour waits).

At least with the standby wait you know what to expect when you enter the line. My VQ wait was 40+ minutes after entering the building. I would not have physically entered the queue had I known it would have been that long...
For future reference, the average wait for Guardians after entering the LL is approx 30 mins. Using a VQ does not eliminate the wait, just shortens the amount of time a guest is physically waiting in the queue.

I don’t mind the VQ, but don’t like how it’s gone in a second. I haven’t tried getting one. The last time I was there I dont think they had one for anything. I wish they’d come up with a way for them to at least last thirty seconds. People complain about making LL selections at 7, but atleast all but a couple rides last a while. Even the ones that go quick you have a few minutes as of last spring break. You don’t have to click at 6:59:59 or be out of luck. Having two phones, or more with other family trying, to monitor time and clicking within a second or two window is nuts to me.

The 1 pm VQ I read usually stays open a little bit, but our touring style wouldn’t work for this. We hop in the afternoon. So we may be too late by 2, but can’t use it if it’s our first park because we won’t be there in the evening.

It’ll probably still be a thing for tron next spring break, so we will try when we go. But I fully expect just having to pay to ride it.

The 1 pm VQ I read usually stays open a little bit

We hopped to Epcot almost every day last week, and I think on some days the VQ was still open at 2 but we usually had dinner plans so we never put in for it. My husband was just as happy to pay for the ILL. Most days the ILLs didn't really start to go until after the 1 PM VQs were disbursed. And guest services was more than able/willing to move our ILL time to later in the day when we got a VQ call back that overlapped with our ILL and we were running late to lunch.

I'm anticipating it will probably stop when Tron goes VQ. Then the lineups will be crazy. I'll probably shell out for ILL then, whereas the VQ was free...
Are you saying that Guardians will go the route of Rise? :scratchin The benefit to Rise (and FOP) is keep people from clogging the other lines BUT at Epcot the goal is for people to spend money (not a ride centric park) so wouldn't having them in line for hours defeat that?

I don’t mind the VQ, but don’t like how it’s gone in a second.
While it's gone very quickly, personally I'd rather know by 7:01 whether to get ready to head to GotG and approx. what time or, if we have time to do other things.

Without a VQ I'd be rushing us out the door to arrive as soon as possible for ETPE. Stressing between GotG or Remy and then arriving as quickly as we can only to find we're in a 3+ hour wait?

The lack of a VQ does not decrease the amount of people who want to ride GotG. It just means all the people currently hopping on their phones at 7AM to grab a coveted spot are now racing to the park to see how they land in the standby lottery.

Give me a VQ any day!!!

I have heard, from an insider, that GOTG will be getting a standby line as soon as Tron goes on the VQ. Great news, because I trust this "here one second, gone the next" VQ system about as far as I can throw it. We don't plan to be up at the crack of dawn.

I'm just praying that we can get ILL for Tron, at least once. But if that's gone in a flash, too, this system truly sucks. We'll be in WDW for ten park days, plus a Halloween Party. If we don't get to ride the new E Ticket even once during that span, then, IMHO, this system doesn't work.

Last edited:
The lack of a VQ does not decrease the amount of people who want to ride GotG. It just means all the people currently hopping on their phones at 7AM to grab a coveted spot are now racing to the park to see how they land in the standby lottery.
Or some people would pay for the ILL. I would have paid for the ILL if it wasn’t for the VQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter