Guardians of the Galaxy ride

friedela

DIS Veteran
Is it scary like Tower of Terror was? (Note:I've never done TOT, I've just seen it on youtube videos) I know from what I've seen that it would have been way too scary for my kids. My oldest really wants to do the crazy drop but without all the scary twilight stuff.. is this what GOTG is now?

I think the GoG theme is less scary, but I feel like the drops are scarier and more random than ToT (ToT was my favorite ride). I scream bloody murder every time I do Guardians, yet still ride it lol. The music helps though! It’s worth a try at least once. If you don’t like it, then don’t ride it again :)

I think the GoG theme is less scary, but I feel like the drops are scarier and more random than ToT (ToT was my favorite ride). I scream bloody murder every time I do Guardians, yet still ride it lol. The music helps though! It’s worth a try at least once. If you don’t like it, then don’t ride it again :)

She can handle thrill scary, she's a thrill junkie, but the eerie twilight stuff is SO not our thing as a family. We did the Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre at DW last year and she cried the entire meal. lol

She can handle thrill scary, she's a thrill junkie, but the eerie twilight stuff is SO not our thing as a family. We did the Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre at DW last year and she cried the entire meal. lol
Lol! Yes the theme is less scary in my opinion. And the CM’s aren’t eerie like the tower of terror ones. The line inside the tower portion is pretty cool.

My son bailed on ToT - he flipped out - get me outta here when we first visited - granted he was 8.

Refused to try it every year thereafter.

GOTG comes along, huge Marvel fan and guess what his new favorite ride is?

Context is everything!!

Echoing others that the ride is physically more intense now but not story line wise. However the music for monsters after dark during Halloween time can be a little intense I think even though I love it.

our kids 7, 4, 2 went on it in the fall, and really liked it esp compared to tower of terror. I mean, the oldest one was kind of intrigued by the creepiness of ToT, but I think the two oldest (who had ridden ToT) appreciated that it wasn't creepy at all. It's 2yo's favorite ride. I agree there's more variation to the drop sequences, but the storyline makes it more tolerable (for me...free fall is not my favorite.) Weirdly, we all agreed the monsters after dark version is somehow slightly less scary as far as drops...maybe because more of it is in the dark?

It is much less scary as GoTG. My kids didn’t like ToT because of the creepy theme but they both love GoTG! I think your kids will be fine.

I'll also add we think it's less scary - it's a lot of fun and the scenes are funny so most of the time I am laughing as opposed to screaming! The music makes it awesome and I love Rocket at the beginning! Its definitely my favorite ride! Even compared to ToT at WDW :thumbsup2

My son bailed on ToT - he flipped out - get me outta here when we first visited - granted he was 8.

Refused to try it every year thereafter.

GOTG comes along, huge Marvel fan and guess what his new favorite ride is?

Context is everything!!
This was totally my DD. We visited in June 2016 (she was also 8) - she melted down in line and refused point-blank to get on the ride. We had to take the chicken exit. One year later, we cajoled and begged and she finally got on GotG - it's now her favorite.

We're going to DLP this summer. They have ToT. It'll be interesting to see whether she'll get on it.

Well, I am not a kid anymore but I was totally frightened by ToT. Tried GotG one time...and it got my favourite ride at once. We rode it ten times in a row. The story is fun and with the music I laughed all the time. It is rock'n'rolling. I would try it at least one time, I am glad I did.

Then you'll be fine on Guardians especially if she's seen the Guardians movie. It's a really FUN thrill ride. I found my self singing along to the songs, screaming(during the drops) then laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter