Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

I'm wondering if the effects are similar to Crush's Coaster at DLP. Has anyone ridden both and can compare? I get motion sickness but could ride that (and loved it) with a little queasiness but not enough to make me skip it!
I don't remember much about Crush's Coaster at DLP, but I'm certain that we rode it twice which means it did not make my husband ill and he's very prone to motion sickness. (I know we rode it twice because we got stuck in the queue when the ride went down at the exact same spot both times!). Star Tours makes him very sick, he won't attempt Mission Space as that would be awful, but he can ride Soarin' and Flight of Passage. Remy at DLP also made him ill so he didn't attempt that at WDW. Lots of rides at Universal make him very ill - he tried Forbidden Journey once and was still not feeling well the following day. Hopefully that helps determine if you're prone to the same type of motion sickness. Anyway, we rode Cosmic Rewind and he loved it! No issues with motion sickness for him. He did take a generic Bonine around 30 minutes before we rode but he said he's pretty sure he would have been fine without it - if anything it would have been mild queasiness.

I've seen TV Commercials for this ride several times in the last week. Disney promoting it in the DC area!

I'm stunned, very surprised....cuz I was expecting them to disappear in 1.5 seconds!
Anyone know which one disappears faster: the VQ or the ILL?

VQ. ILL appeared to, but when either payments didn't go through, the app glitched, or people were "practicing" and didn't buy a number reappeared around 7:10.

Looks like we'll go for the ILL. I trust the VQ system about as far as I can throw it.
I’d try for it personally
I’ve yet to see ILL go before VQ
Been here since opening on Friday
Friday was unsuccessful at 7, successful at 1, the rest successful at 7
Used time.gov to track time
Be ready at 6:59:59 to click refresh then join queue
If it doesn’t work buy ILL
Or if it does and you still want another ride buy ILL
I wouldn’t just skip VQ and go straight to ILL on days you can try for VQ

I don't remember much about Crush's Coaster at DLP, but I'm certain that we rode it twice which means it did not make my husband ill and he's very prone to motion sickness. (I know we rode it twice because we got stuck in the queue when the ride went down at the exact same spot both times!). Star Tours makes him very sick, he won't attempt Mission Space as that would be awful, but he can ride Soarin' and Flight of Passage. Remy at DLP also made him ill so he didn't attempt that at WDW. Lots of rides at Universal make him very ill - he tried Forbidden Journey once and was still not feeling well the following day. Hopefully that helps determine if you're prone to the same type of motion sickness. Anyway, we rode Cosmic Rewind and he loved it! No issues with motion sickness for him. He did take a generic Bonine around 30 minutes before we rode but he said he's pretty sure he would have been fine without it - if anything it would have been mild queasiness.
Could you compare the "rockyness" of ride? Like faster than thunder mountain or bigger drops than ? .....trying to compare a ride we have been on and if it would be too much for us. You know all the warnings they give.

Could you compare the "rockyness" of ride? Like faster than thunder mountain or bigger drops than ? .....trying to compare a ride we have been on and if it would be too much for us. You know all the warnings they give.
I only rode it once but in my opinion it was much smoother than Space Mountain and BTMR. I don't recall any big drops. Maybe similar to Expedition Everest as far as thrill-level goes?? (But off the charts as far as fun goes! We loved it!)

It’s totally smooth. No rocking
No drops
It’s more swooping and rolling, with twisting and turning. It’s very fluid.
It’s very different
Which is why this ride is impacting folks in ways no other ride has. It’s like no other ride
There are elements here and there of other rides but none similar enough to say it was like that
Take bits of EE, bits of RnR, bits of MMRT, and bits of SM and toss them together and you have a new ride

One last big question is whether they're enforcing return times, or if they're letting people show up anytime after their BG is called (as they did with Remy).
No, as long as your BG has been called, they’ll let you ride.
I'm wondering if the effects are similar to Crush's Coaster at DLP. Has anyone ridden both and can compare?
We’ve done both, but we don’t get sick. The first description our family came up with is
it’s a mix of Crush’s, RnR, and Space. I think if you can handle Crush, you might be ok here if you avoid looking up at the screens, which were too engrossed the first time to do anyway

I'm wondering if this will trigger my motion sickness.
So RnR is typically out for me and often EE. But I am fine with Space, BTMR, Splash. I hope this one won't trigger my motion sickness. Accelerated starts like on California Adventure's Incredicoaster will often trigger it, but I'm okay on Slinky dog - its more mild. Thoughts?

Last summer, I spent a week or two practicing getting a VQ reservation for rise of the resistance. The app was different then. Is there anyway for me to practice with the new version of the app? When I tried this morning, it just told me I did not have a valid park reservation for the day. Can you make a park reservation just to practice and then cancel it?

Last summer, I spent a week or two practicing getting a VQ reservation for rise of the resistance. The app was different then. Is there anyway for me to practice with the new version of the app? When I tried this morning, it just told me I did not have a valid park reservation for the day. Can you make a park reservation just to practice and then cancel it?
In order to make a park reservation you would need a ticket or AP that is valid for the day you are making the reservation

I'm wondering if this will trigger my motion sickness.
So RnR is typically out for me and often EE. But I am fine with Space, BTMR, Splash. I hope this one won't trigger my motion sickness. Accelerated starts like on California Adventure's Incredicoaster will often trigger it, but I'm okay on Slinky dog - its more mild. Thoughts?

For me, it was essentially just a longer, smoother, upgraded Space Mountain. Everything was incredibly smooth - sort of similar to how the swinging cars in 7DMT make the turns less extreme, the way these seats move also eliminate any jerkiness in a different way (and these seats are very comfortable - very easy to get in and out and I didn't feel at all squashed). The accelerated launch also seemed fairly gentle, nothing at all like RnRC, Hulk, Incredicoaster, etc. As a good reference point, there aren't headrests on the seats and you're going backwards during the launch, so there's no support at all at that point beyond the lap bar restraint, so that means that it can't be too intense - definitely more like Slinky than the more thrill-based coasters.

I’d try for it personally
I’ve yet to see ILL go before VQ
Been here since opening on Friday
Friday was unsuccessful at 7, successful at 1, the rest successful at 7
Used time.gov to track time
Be ready at 6:59:59 to click refresh then join queue
If it doesn’t work buy ILL
Or if it does and you still want another ride buy ILL
I wouldn’t just skip VQ and go straight to ILL on days you can try for VQ
Thanks for this. It looks like my applewatch matches pretty closely to time.gov, if Disney goes by it. Anybody else have experience using applewatch or was it off a little either way, for VQ.

Thanks for this. It looks like my applewatch matches pretty closely to time.gov, if Disney goes by it. Anybody else have experience using applewatch or was it off a little either way, for VQ.
Pretty much any device that can track seconds is going to work.
Time.gov is an easy one to watch
The key is those seconds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter