Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction

JoeyPeligroso

Mouseketeer
There has been a bit of activity regarding the upcoming Summer 2022 Guardians of the Galaxy Attraction on twitter and now posted on several online sites.

Apparently a Disney Executive, Geoff Morrell, posted a tweet on Tuesday, 2/22/22, about the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy attraction at EPCOT.

A link to the rumor thread on Disboards is here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/guadrians-opening-date-maybe.3872830/
His message, now deleted and modified, suggested that the new attraction in EPCOT might open over Memorial Day weekend 2022.

Here is one of the several web links to stories on this tweet:
https://gizmodo.com/did-this-disney-exec-accidentally-leak-the-opening-date-1848580715
I'll be at WDW on that weekend and I would love for this to be true! I'm going to adjust my plans to include an EPCOT day just in case.

If you were trip planning how would you plan to go to EPCOT for this otherwise busy weekend?

Well, if you are asking how to plan an Epcot day with Cosmic Rewind opening, it probably depends on how Disney intends to handle the line. Without knowing whether the line will be virtual, standby, and/or ILL, its tough to put together a plan

It's asking the impossible, of course, but it would be amazing to plan to be there and hope that our group could do this experience!

For now, I've booked a park day later in that weekend with the hope that it may be open.

If it is, it would actually make it more likely I would get genie+ at Epcot. Not because of the coaster (I won't pay for ILL), but so we can use it for Frozen

That makes sense. I think it will be good to have this additional ride option at EPCOT, as it will add another positive option available to guests. Maybe it will take some pressure away from the other very popular attractions at EPCOT as well? On the whole, it should make Genie + a more attractive option for EPCOT if it is included.

I've not been to the parks since Genie + and ILL$ started in October '21, so my first experience will be in May on that weekend. I'm hoping that Genie + will serve my group well as the parks and EPCOT will likely be very busy. Only time will tell if there is a new variable (Guardians Coaster) in the trip-planning mix this time around!

If it is, it would actually make it more likely I would get genie+ at Epcot. Not because of the coaster (I won't pay for ILL), but so we can use it for Frozen
Are you assuming Frozen will come off the ILL list, or is that information that's been announced? It's possible they could bump to 3 ILLs at EPCOT, but I sure do hope not.

Are you assuming Frozen will come off the ILL list, or is that information that's been announced? It's possible they could bump to 3 ILLs at EPCOT, but I sure do hope not.
Yes, that's my assumption, but nothing has been announced. I mean, you're right, they COULD have 3 paid ILLs at Epcot. Heck, they COULD make every ride a paid ILL. But I try to stay positive. There are plenty of hyper-negative threads on these boards where I am sure someone will predict 3 ILLs for Epcot and then declare it the end of western civilization as we know it :confused3 I'll just stay happy and maintain my assumption until something is announced

Yes, that's my assumption, but nothing has been announced. I mean, you're right, they COULD have 3 paid ILLs at Epcot. Heck, they COULD make every ride a paid ILL. But I try to stay positive. There are plenty of hyper-negative threads on these boards where I am sure someone will predict 3 ILLs for Epcot and then declare it the end of western civilization as we know it :confused3 I'll just stay happy and maintain my assumption until something is announced
Agreed. I actually think it's a pretty important decision by Disney. If they do make GotG ILL, but bump the attractions to 3 at EPCOT, it doesn't bode well for other attractions, G+, and ILL in the future (like Tron, for example). If they continue to cap it at 2 per park, it's not perfect, but better. Guess we'll see over the upcoming months.

I'm planning a trip for June and I'm hopeful Guardians will be ILL$ and virtual que. Hopefully we get the virtual que. I'll have to think on it to decide if I'm going to pay the ILL$. Guardians is one of my all time favorite movies, so I'm very eager for this ride. I do think it may be more helpful to have genie+ at Epcot with this addition. Especially if they drop frozen from ILL$

Agreed. I actually think it's a pretty important decision by Disney. If they do make GotG ILL, but bump the attractions to 3 at EPCOT, it doesn't bode well for other attractions, G+, and ILL in the future (like Tron, for example). If they continue to cap it at 2 per park, it's not perfect, but better. Guess we'll see over the upcoming months.
Just saw the news that FEA has been downgraded to genie+ and is not $ILL fr the next several months. Hopefull it is a permanent change!

Just a guess, but I don't see them opening it without it being ILL$ and virtual queue.
Not even a chance! It'll be the greatest scrum for spots on any ride in WDW come Memorial day for months to come! I'll be arriving in early June and now I'm stressing because whether through ILL or waiting hours in line...I got to ride that ride :hyper:

Not even a chance! It'll be the greatest scrum for spots on any ride in WDW come Memorial day for months to come! I'll be arriving in early June and now I'm stressing because whether through ILL or waiting hours in line...I got to ride that ride :hyper:

I'd far prefer ILL$ - But if there's a line, I'll be standing in it!

I'm planning a trip for June and I'm hopeful Guardians will be ILL$ and virtual que. Hopefully we get the virtual que. I'll have to think on it to decide if I'm going to pay the ILL$. Guardians is one of my all time favorite movies, so I'm very eager for this ride. I do think it may be more helpful to have genie+ at Epcot with this addition. Especially if they drop frozen from ILL$

I think a virtual que would be ideal, better than standing in line if that is the alternative. For this trip, I'd use ILL$ just to be able to ride. Last place option for me....standing in line...

Theoretical planning is more stressful than planning for the known!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter