Guardians of the Galaxy and rotr big drops?

Debbje

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Next month I’ll be in Disney World. I would love ro ride gotg and rotr but Im a bit worried about the drops.

I don’t like rides like tot because of the big drops. I like rides like star tours, test track, potc and space mountain.

Are these rides on intensity and drops similar or should I avoid them?

Neither has a ToT style big drop. There is one (small) drop on Rise that is kind of like ToT, but only lasts for about half a second. Guardians is a roller coaster so there are no ToT style drops but it is fast. It’s my favorite thrill ride at WDW.

If you do those other rides, you will have no issue with ROTR or GOTG. They are both great. I have never down Tower and never will. Regular elevators make me feel weird.

I cannot do ToT (I rode it in 2000, gave it another chance last summer at the urging of my family and just no, it was awful), but RoTR and GoG are totally fine. There's a split second drop in Rise but nothing like ToT, and Guardians is smooth and goes up and down but no real "drops" like that.

Guardians is great! Very smooth, no going upside down, there is some spinning but it's not bad. RoR, as others have mentioned, does have a small drop similar to ToT, but not nearly as "big". It's over before you know it. Don't miss either!

GOTG gives you a great "flying through space" feeling, extremely smooth.

Neither ride has any noteworthy drops in the Splash Mountain vein. Even the drop on Everest doesn't give you that big drop feeling like Splash does.

GOTG is no problem as far as big drops are concerned, motion is very quick though, spins, sideways motion etc. I have been a bit queezy, I will admit, for a few minutes, but that is about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter