Guardians compared to Rock n Roller Coaster?

I've done both and they are equally disorienting for me. Despite the alleged smoothness of Guardians, it is still very motion intensive.

Guardians is a much smoother ride. I don’t do loops or cork screws anymore, so I don’t ride Rock n Roller anymore. Guardians launch feels faster and more disorienting than rock n roller’s.

Guardians is dramatically smoother than Rockin..... dramatically. That said, it's a different kind of coaster, more swoopy and spinney and fast. Less adrenaline-inducing than Rockin. They're very different, and I encourage folks to try them both!

I went on both Guardians and RnR a couple of months ago. I’m prone to motion sickness, so I take Dramamine every park day just in case. I loved Guardians— it didn’t bother me at all. RnR on the other hand, never again— my head kept whipping back and forth in the headrest. I had forgotten why I usually sit that ride out 😂!

Forbidden Journey was a lot more whipping......Soarin on Steroids big time.

As long as one is not afraid of roller coasters - they should give both Guardians and TRON a shot.

Good luck and have fun :)

Looking forward to Cosmic Rewind. Was fortunate enough to ride GForce in Paris last summer at opening and the retheming so much nicer than RNR. Still was jarring rattling launch though!

GOTG is on another level than RNR. It's the best ride at Disney right now. Anxious to see if Tron can take the mantle when I visit in April! I'm just glad to see some great thrill rides being built!

Last edited:

GOTG is on another level than RNR. It's the best ride at Disney right now. Anxious to see if Tron can take the mantle when I visit in April! I just glad to see some great thrill rides being built!
I don’t think Tron is even in the same league as Guardians.

I actually think Rise is the “best” ride but Guardians is the most fun ride on Earth. I’ve been to 10 Disney parks worldwide and there is nothing even close to Rise and Guardians.

I don’t think Tron is even in the same league as Guardians.
Obviously there is a lot of individual experiences. Everybody has their likes dislikes. I've done both and I'd put Tron as better than Guardians. But I don't care for either because I've become more motion sensitive as I've gotten older.

The worst part of RnR is the anxiety and apprehension as you sit there ready to take off but it's always delayed 30-45 seconds and you're just like LETS GO ALREADY because you know what's coming. As soon as you hit that first loop it's just pure fun...for me at least! For those that say it's the roughest ride I honestly think Dinosaur is way more jarring. And Big Whiplash Mountain too!

Meclizine or Dramamine does wonders if you want to ride everything and enjoy your day.

Too Jarring? Reserve that for these rides: Space at WDW vs Matterhorn DLR

edit: in response jarring comparison in topic.

Last edited:
Both are great. The last couple of time I rode RnR in October, I figured out if you relax a bit, and try not to fight the g-forces, it's more comfortable. Especially if you let your head be pushed back against the headrest.

Visuals are a little better on the ROTR, imo.

The best coaster ride in all of DIS is the Incredicoaster in DCA, especially if you can get the front car. Only thing that would make it better is if they used Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride as accompanying music.

I've done RnR once and I'll never do it again. I hate the launch, it's just too fast for me. lol. Having said that, I LOVE Guardians and I could ride it over and over again.

I've done RnR once and I'll never do it again. I hate the launch, it's just too fast for me. lol. Having said that, I LOVE Guardians and I could ride it over and over again.
In that case you'll probably hate Tron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter