• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians at Moonlight Magic

I think it will probably work like it did for the After Hours events. IIRC, there was another virtual queue period opened for the After Hours guests.

I think it will probably work like it did for the After Hours events. IIRC, there was another virtual queue period opened for the After Hours guests.
My guess is they will see how a standby line would go.....perhaps in anticipation of removing the Virtual Queue when Tron goes live.

I'm not sure how the MDE would know who is registered for Moonlight Magic in order to allow them to enter a VQ.

I'm not sure how the MDE would know who is registered for Moonlight Magic in order to allow them to enter a VQ.
That's the tricky part - they use a 3rd party to manage the moonlight magic registration (hence why it always works 😏), and they only capture the member's name and party size, so it'd be impossible to correlate that back to the MDE accounts.

In the past, they've given out paper tickets upon entry with a return time window similar to an old-school fastpass. They did that for the Safari at Animal Kingdom moonlight magic last time I attended that event. My guess is they'll do something like that for Cosmic Rewind (if capacity controls are even necessary at all, which isn't for sure. )

That's the tricky part - they use a 3rd party to manage the moonlight magic registration (hence why it always works 😏), and they only capture the member's name and party size, so it'd be impossible to correlate that back to the MDE accounts.

In the past, they've given out paper tickets upon entry with a return time window similar to an old-school fastpass. They did that for the Safari at Animal Kingdom moonlight magic last time I attended that event. My guess is they'll do something like that for Cosmic Rewind (if capacity controls are even necessary at all, which isn't for sure. )
That makes sense. I knew managing it through the MDE wouldn't work, but going "old school" with paper tickets makes perfect sense.

Do you think Guardians will be available at the EP moonlight magic event?
I just talked to a cast member working Guardians tonight at Moonlight Magic. They said it will run as a standby queue which means the line will be insane😯but at least it is open.🙂

I just talked to a cast member working Guardians tonight at Moonlight Magic. They said it will run as a standby queue which means the line will be insane😯but at least it is open.🙂
might not be too bad. that line usually moves really quickly and the event has a capped attendance, of which many attendees don't ride coasters. I suspect you'll be able to ride several times without issue if you want to.

It was walk on for us until 10 or so - we went twice. We then walked on Ratatouille a few times and hit up GoTG on the way out around midnight, it was about 20 minutes the last time we rode it.

We’re you required to watch the pre-show? Love to skip that, I’ve seen it way too many times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter