Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

We have two 9B booked on the Dream on deck 2, with the GTY rates out, I am seriously thinking of moving to the GTY. We could save over $5000! I don't need connecting room. but I am scared of the non-refundable. Thoughts?
That’s a lot of money to save, but I understand. We save $9000 booking the gty rate next the July 13th cruise over the lowest price OV room. You can buy insurance to cover your loss in case of emergency. Good luck.

We have two 9B booked on the Dream on deck 2, with the GTY rates out, I am seriously thinking of moving to the GTY. We could save over $5000! I don't need connecting room. but I am scared of the non-refundable. Thoughts?
GTY? Or IGT/OGT/VGT?
GTY have the same cancellation policies as normal bookings; the others are the restricted terms.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 2536
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" It's ok - under the lounge area but not all the way forward, pretty much what I was expecting.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? Feb 11
10. Castaway Club? First DCL cruise
11. How long ago did you book 5 months out

Last edited:
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 4E #8682
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? unknown
9. What month is your cruise? January
10. Castaway Club? Silver
11. How long ago did you book 21 days out

4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy
We were a few doors down from this room on the fantasy (8668-family oceanview) and we liked the location a lot.

Still 64 days out but now my cruise is no longer coming up when you search on the site. Soooo, maybe I'll get an early GTY assignement. Fingers crossed!

2. What category and room # did you get? Initially 8051 and 8053 (11A!) changed to 7000 and 7002 after calling
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Definitely leftovers plus we had to call to get correct category!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Interconnecting
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
11. How long ago did you book reshopped 5 months out

2. What category and room # did you get? Initially 8051 and 8053 (11A!) changed to 7000 and 7002 after calling
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Definitely leftovers plus we had to call to get correct category!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Interconnecting
11. How long ago did you book reshopped 5 months out
Wow, can’t believe they assigned inside cabins for OGT. At least you caught it. Then they gave you the forward rooms (should’ve upgraded you to at least category 8 for having to fix their mistake). I agree, definitely leftovers. i have an upcoming OGT for three cabins In July. Enjoy your trip. Hope your rooms work out.

that’s a nice room. I had similar corner on deck 7. Though it is HA and has a roll in shower and one large bathroom, the room itself looks large like we had. Enjoy. We like deck 8 and always book a 4E. Though we never choose the corner rooms, but have gotten them during a gty cruise.

2. What category and room # did you get? 5C, 6612
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 10
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, it's the category I had originally booked before switching to a GTY rate.
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 11AM Eastern
9. What month is your cruise? February
11. How long ago did you book? 4 Months Prior

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 07A- Navigator's Verandah
2. What category and room # did you get? 04E, #5664 (Extended Verandah)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? As soon as I paid in full- 50 days before sailing
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Really happy!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Saturday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? March
11. How long ago did you book 50 days before sailing

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 07A- Navigator's Verandah
2. What category and room # did you get? 04E, #5664 (Extended Verandah)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? As soon as I paid in full- 50 days before sailing
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Really happy!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Saturday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
11. How long ago did you book 50 days before sailing
Congratulations. Was that a florida residents rate? I always notice they show 7A.

2. What category and room # did you get? 05B, #7034 (Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17 days before sailing
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Extremely happy! Originally booked Inside stateroom. Assigned cabin is steps away from where we had booked! Very happy as I'd carefully chosen that location.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
9. What month is your cruise? February
10. Castaway Club? Silver - 4th DCL Cruise
11. How long ago did you book 48 days ago; 66 days before sailing

Does anyone know the order that they assign the GTY rooms? I'm 45 days out currently. Several people on my cruise have posted that they received their room assignments. They are both oceanview. I haven't received mine yet and i'm GTY 07A. I know I will get mine soon. Just curious if there is a method. Thanks,

Does anyone know the order that they assign the GTY rooms? I'm 45 days out currently. Several people on my cruise have posted that they received their room assignments. They are both oceanview. I haven't received mine yet and i'm GTY 07A. I know I will get mine soon. Just curious if there is a method. Thanks,
Depends on the group. We always noticed TAs get theirs earlier. Florida residents and cast members also are in a earlier group, with us lonely general public (non florida residents) last and normally 10-14 before sail date. Not sure when military is assigned.

I have a travel agent. So I’m not sure about that one.
I was referring to a TA who is cruising and getting a discount offered to them as a work benefit. Not to a guest who used a TA to book the cruise. (I use a TA and book the restricted gty rates often. I always get my assignment 10-14 days before cruise date. One time last year I got my assignment 17 days before cruise date. It was actually the best assignment I’ve ever gotten. 4B mid-ship deck 7 two connecting delux family size cabins. It was the smoothest cruise ever).

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 08B, Deck 9
2. What category and room # did you get? 08C, Deck 8
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 20 days before sailing
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" It's fine. However they are insisting that the 8012 room we've been assigned on the Dream is a cat 8B, when the website shows differently? The castmember, and supervisor insisted that according to their deck plans, room 8012 on the Dream is a cat 8B. Have they reclassified the rooms?
10. Castaway Club? GOLD, this is our 10th cruise so we will be Platinum next time.
11. How long ago did you book 38 days before sailing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter