• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GTY: 7 months out and 1 of 2 rooms assigned

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
We are sailing in late July, on the 10 night southern Caribbean, and we have two rooms booked GTY 4E. I just noticed that 1 of the 2 now have a room assignment.

Is this assignment just a glitch? Final payments aren’t due until late March, so I’m surprised to have gotten an assignment so early.

Any personal experience or insight is appreciated. Thank you!

We are sailing in late July, on the 10 night southern Caribbean, and we have two rooms booked GTY 4E. I just noticed that 1 of the 2 now have a room assignment.

Is this assignment just a glitch? Final payments aren’t due until late March, so I’m surprised to have gotten an assignment so early.

Any personal experience or insight is appreciated. Thank you!
I've gotten GTY bookings early. It's the non-refundable GT rates that usually don't get assigned before about 10 days.

So we've gotten our second 4E GTY room assigned as well, but I'm pretty unhappy with them...we basically couldn't be further apart since one is far forward, one far aft.

I don't like that we've been assigned so far in advance of when final payments are required. I assume their will be a little reservation shuffling just before the cancellation penalties kick in....something closer might become available.

Has anyone heard of the un-assigning GTYs? I'm using a Dreams Unlimited agent, and she was surprised to see an assignment so early.

Thanks!

Are there any other 4Es available on the ship? You should be able to switch to an open room if there are any.

Are there any other 4Es available on the ship? You should be able to switch to an open room if there are any.
Thanks!

None open now, but I’ll Keep watching.

p.s. This sailing was very popular because it’s a unique itinerary and will be stopping at both Lighhouse Point and Castaway Cay. When we booked in August, 4E GTY was the only veranda available. One or two veranda pop up every now and the, but otherwise the ship has been sold out pretty much since it became available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter